What To Do In London & Liverpool ?

NYCD 2012

My dad's football club (Hes a club manager) is planning a seminar with the English FA . Hes planning to take the family to the UK for a vacation. However , the FA still can't confirm it , which is keeping me on pins & needles !

Anyways , I was wondering what there is to do in London & Liverpool between Winter 07 and Spring 08 ? I know ! The thought of UK already makes me soooooo hyper ! ;)

My dad's football club (Hes a club manager) is planning a seminar with the English FA . Hes planning to take the family to the UK for a vacation. However , the FA still can't confirm it , which is keeping me on pins & needles !

Nothing. You'll have to wait until 2012 for anything exciting to happen in the UK isles.

One of those sleepy corners of the world, ya know.

Nothing. You'll have to wait until 2012 for anything exciting to happen in the UK isles.

Oh Baron...just when ARE you going to get over the fact that 2012 went to London and not to Paris?? It's over,it's done with..please try and get over it and move on.The rest of us have.There are far more important things going on in the world,you know!!! :rolleyes:

One of those sleepy corners of the world, ya know.

Relax...the UK is MUCH more different to the US than you think!!! :lol:

Anyways , I was wondering what there is to do in London & Liverpool between Winter 07 and Spring 08 ? I know ! The thought of UK already makes me soooooo hyper ! ;)

That's a pretty broad question,NYCD.

There is so much to do in London that it really is impossible to know where to start. Most of the sights you will already be familiar with but you will need to give an idea of what you're looking for and specific dates to narrow down what is on a tthe time of your visit.

I actually went to Liverpool a few weeks ago(only for the day). I must admit I was greatly impressed by their preparations for the European Capital of Culture. I don't think they will be ready in time, There are lots of building works gong on and the place looked drab and dirty to me. The shopping centre for one is awful and is one of the worst I have seen in a UK big city.

I can recommend the babycream restauraunt in Albert Dock for a fantastic lunch in a great setting and the Beatles museum was also great fun.

EMIRATES STADIUM !!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on how long you are staying in each city! You will not be short of things to do in London at all. It's a question of 'take you pick'. What kind of things do you like doing? I lived in Liverpool for 3 years at Uni and could give ou a few pointers. If you are staying for a while I suggest you venture out of Liverpool as well and see England's North West.

Get yourself to as many football grounds as you can. And I don't simply mean the Arsenals and Chelseas and Liverpools of this world. Look further down the Leagues and have a look at the real heart of football in this country. I find, as someone who travels all over the country following my team, that you do tend to get a warmer welcome at lower league grounds than you find at the Premiership arenas.

A little tip - Saturday December 8. If you're in London, get yourself to Griffin Park, Brentford. And make sure you're supporting the away side.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived