Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCD 2012

Euro 2008 Austria-switzerland

Dare I say that I have the same feeling in terms of having Turkey qualify. :P

I think it can be agreed that England has a slightly better chance of qualifying than Turkey. Turkey needs to go into Oslo where Norway is 3-1-1 at home and Turkey has to play the Bosnian home wreckers. Also as you have said Turkey has not been playing well lately, while England has. Norway just needs to play to a 0-0 or a 1-1 draw to qualify , Turkey needs to win or draw with a scoreline 2-2 or above and hope Norway falters against Malta. In my mind both are marginal hopes.

BTW, england last match will face croatia right ? How if England beat croatia 3-0 ?? England will pass the qualify round right ? no matter what happen with russia... Is that scenario possible ?

I think that 3-0 scoreline only comes into play if Croatia lose in Macedonia four days earlier, which I don't expect to happen.

Croatia will probably lose one match, because they are currently the best team of the qualification. That means they are in pot 1 together with Greece, and the hosts Austria and Switzerland for the draw. I doubt, that this is their aim.

Pots for the draws at the moment:

1: AUT, SUI, GRE, CRO

2: NED, SWE, ROU, GER

3: ITA, CZE, POR, POL

4: FRA, ESP, RUS, NOR

New Pots:

1: AUT, SUI, GRE, NED

2: CRO, GER, ITA, CZE

3: ENG, POR, SWE, POL

4: ROU, FRA, ESP, TUR

That must be the weakest pot one ever! Normally you'd want to be in pot one but for this tournment I'm not so sure.

That must be the weakest pot one ever! Normally you'd want to be in pot one but for this tournment I'm not so sure.

I think, that was the reason, why Croatia lost against Macedonia, and if the Dutch lose on Wednesday in Belarus, Germany will be in Pot 1!!! <_<:angry::(

Are we as bad as the Austrians? I find it very unfair. Fcuk you UEFA!!!

You'd think, regardless of who is the current champion and who the hosts are, the pots should be drawn on the teams' form.

Having Switzerland and Austria as, effectivley, top seeds is very odd indeed.

I think, that was the reason, why Croatia lost against Macedonia, and if the Dutch lose on Wednesday in Belarus, Germany will be in Pot 1!!!

Exactly. Germany, for their efforts should be in a pot which ensures they do not draw teams like Italy.

What this does ensure, which is great for the neutral but horrible for the fourth team in pot 1, is a group of death.

And think about it: we could potentially see Italy, Germany and England drawn in the same group nerxt year!

I think, that was the reason, why Croatia lost against Macedonia, and if the Dutch lose on Wednesday in Belarus, Germany will be in Pot 1!!! <_<:angry::(

Are we as bad as the Austrians? I find it very unfair. Fcuk you UEFA!!!

No but perhaps you are as good as the Greeks? ;)

Holland lost 1-2 in belarus.

looks they have good mathematicians to calculate it was best for them

really silly idiots these uefa - fifa people :mellow:

they have no brains

or it's worse: they are just corrupt going after only money :o

not blaming holland, they did well to loose....but it's sick that ufea fifa inspire teams to loose.... :lol: