Euro 2008 Austria-switzerland

The bookmakers seems to think that Denmark has a bigger chance to qualify than NI.

NORDICBETS:

Sweden 1.30

Spain 3.10

Denmark 25.00

Northern Ireland 50.00

SKYBET:

Sweden 8/13

Spain 6/5

Denmark 25/1

(no bettings at NI)

WILLIAM HILL:

Sweden 4/7

Spain 5/4

Denmark 25/1

Northern Ireland 100/1

I want to have Sweden and Denmark to Euro 2008.

sverige.gif

zlatan_1175156586.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the world's mouths... for bad reasons, once again. This is getting so repetitive <_< Obviously, the news today haven't talked about anything else but this, the newspaper covers all show that instant. It's sickening. Nonetheless, I was utterly ashamed and embarrassed when that happened and I hope he gets the punishment he deserves from UEFA and FPF, for justice and fair-play's sake. A professional like he ought to be can't do that in front of his players, a packed stadium, and millions of TV-spectators.

However, I'm not going to crucify him for not being an emotionless robot; that only showed that, as a Brazilian, he was more Portuguese than some players who just "were not there" on the pitch, didn't play with their hearts and honored the shirt. Another detached coach would've probably never reacted that way. He's giving a press conference in 15 minutes - I hope he doesn't resign or something; despite everything, we have no one better than him, and his abandonment would create bigger problems than if he stayed.

Anyway, the origin of all this was the Serbian goal scored offside by a meter or more. Losing two points like that, in the last two minutes of a home match, can be extremely nerve-wracking, especially when this same situation had happened four days before. But honestly, a draw would be fair considering how bad we played and what a good technical team Serbia is. Just not with an offside goal. And like this wasn't enough, Merk didn't allow us to play the full extra-time. Then a Serbian player was injured and we didn't returned them the ball, and that's when it all started.

I hope you people understand that we do not review ourselves in these actions and us, Portuguese, are the first to blame (if not crucify) our own for their faults. We hate when our team behaves like that and when we're seen as "bad losers" and unsportsmanlike :(

We don't see you like that, don't worry. Besides, Scholari isn't Portugese anyway.

We don't see you like that, don't worry. Besides, Scholari isn't Portugese anyway.

He's not on the ID, but he always says he feels like one. But anyway, he's connected to the Portuguese team so it suffers the collateral damage. He just spoke to the press and apologised everyone for his irrational gesture and for all the damage he might have caused for Portugal and the Portuguese. He also noted that he understands "insults to his family in Spanish", which is to say that the Serbian player (Dragutinovic, plays for Sevilla) probably wasn't completely innocent. But that's an internal matter to be discussed with the federation and UEFA.

• 4 weeks later...

And here comes the next-to-last EURO qualifier week -- beginning with the following matches this Saturday:

Group A

Armenia vs. Serbia

Poland vs. Kazakhstan

Belgium vs. Finland

Azerbaijan vs. Portugal

Group B

Scotland vs. Ukraine

Faroe Islands vs. France

Italy vs. Georgia

Group C

Hungary vs. Malta

Moldova vs. Turkey

Greece vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina

Group D

Slovakia vs. San Marino

Cyprus vs. Wales

Republic of Ireland vs. Germany

Group E

England vs. Estonia

Croatia vs. Israel

Group F

Iceland vs. Latvia

Liechtenstein vs. Sweden

Denmark vs. Spain

Group G

Belarus vs. Luxembourg

Romania vs. Netherlands

Slovenia vs. Albania

If Germany achieves at least a draw against Ireland, it will become the first team (beside the host nations Austria and Switzerland) to qualify for the EURO.

And here comes the next-to-last EURO qualifier week -- beginning with the following matches this Saturday:

Group A

Armenia vs. Serbia

Poland vs. Kazakhstan

Belgium vs. Finland

Azerbaijan vs. Portugal

Group B

Scotland vs. Ukraine

Faroe Islands vs. France

Italy vs. Georgia

Group C

Hungary vs. Malta

Moldova vs. Turkey

Group D

Slovakia vs. San Marino

Cyprus vs. Wales

Group E

England vs. Estonia

Croatia vs. Israel

Group F

Iceland vs. Latvia

Liechtenstein vs. Sweden

Denmark vs. Spain

Group G

Belarus vs. Luxembourg

Romania vs. Netherlands

Slovenia vs. Albania

If Germany achieves at least a draw against Ireland, it will become the first team (beside the host nations Austria and Switzerland) to qualify for the EURO.

Unfortunately Germany qualified well last time and did sh!t.

Heres my predictions

Group A

Armenia vs. Serbia

Poland vs. Kazakhstan

Belgiumvs. Finland

Azerbaijan vs. Portugal

Group B

Scotland vs. Ukraine

Faroe Islands vs. France

Italy vs. Georgia

Group C

Hungary vs. Malta

Moldova vs. Turkey

Group D

Slovakia vs. San Marino

Cyprus vs. Wales

Group E

Englandvs. Estonia

Croatia vs. Israel

Group F

Iceland vs. Latvia

Liechtenstein vs. Sweden

Denmark vs. Spain

Group G

Belarusvs. Luxembourg

Romania vs.Netherlands

Slovenia vs. Albania

Here is my predictions:

Group A

Armenia vs. Serbia

Poland vs. Kazakhstan

Belgium vs. Finland(draw)

Azerbaijan vs. Portugal

Group B

Scotland vs. Ukraine

Faroe Islands vs. France

Italy vs. Georgia

Group C

Hungary vs. Malta

Moldova vs. Turkey

Group D

Slovakia vs. San Marino

Cyprus vs. Wales

Group E

England vs. Estonia

Croatia vs. Israel

Group F

Iceland vs. Latvia

Liechtenstein vs. Sweden

Denmark vs. Spain

Group G

Belarus vs. Luxembourg

Romania vs. Netherlands

Slovenia vs. Albania(draw)

sverige.gif

zlatan_1175156586.jpg

TO FIFA: ZLATAN IS ONE OF THE 30 BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD!!!!! SHAME ON YOU, FIFA!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Unfortunately Germany qualified well last time and did sh!t.

Do you believe that to happen also this time?

Most importantly: You can't compare the qualification for 2004 to the current qualification. Back then, the performance of the German team was deeply flawed: Only a 2-1 against the Faroe Islands, a 1-1 against Lithuania and a 0-0 against Iceland! Those were the years of crisis. The team simply had no real spirit. And that was what flawed its EURO campaign, too.

In terms of spirit, I'm not worried about the current team. And in terms of performance, neither. But there you'll have to see how the other teams perform, too. However: I have a very strong feeling that Germany can achieve a lot more in Austria and Switzerland than it did in Portugal. Maybe winning the cup is a very high ambition and very difficult task. But impossible is nothing!

Do you believe that to happen also this time?

Most importantly: You can't compare the qualification for 2004 to the current qualification. Back then, the performance of the German team was deeply flawed: Only a 2-1 against the Faroe Islands, a 1-1 against Lithuania and a 0-0 against Iceland! Those were the years of crisis. The team simply had no real spirit. And that was what flawed its EURO campaign, too.

In terms of spirit, I'm not worried about the current team. And in terms of performance, neither. But there you'll have to see how the other teams perform, too. However: I have a very strong feeling that Germany can achieve a lot more in Austria and Switzerland than it did in Portugal. Maybe winning the cup is a very high ambition and very difficult task. But impossible is nothing!

No I don't think Germany will do sh!t, I think that Germany is the favourite to win. I just don't want to get my hopes up though because when their is high hopes for Germany they do sh!t and when there is little hop they do well.

England vs. Estonia

No slip-ups now. Performances don't matter. Results do. Sure, I would like to see a free-flowing England performance for my first visit to Wembley tomorrow afternoon but frankly all I'm really bothered about is winning.

Saturday, 13 October 2007

European Championship Qualifying

Armenia v Serbia, A, 16:00

Azerbaijan v Portugal, A, 17:00

Belarus v Luxembourg, G, 16:00

Belgium v Finland, A, 19:45

Croatia v Israel, E, 19:15

Cyprus v Wales, D, 17:15

Denmark v Spain, F, 19:00

England v Estonia, E, 15:00

Faroe Islands v France, B, 16:00

Greece v Bosnia-Herzegovina, C, 19:30

Hungary v Malta, C, 15:20

Iceland v Latvia, F, 17:00

Italy v Georgia, B, 19:50

Liechtenstein v Sweden, F, 18:00

Moldova v Turkey, C, 19:00

Poland v Kazakhstan, A, 19:30

Rep of Ireland v Germany, D, 19:45

Romania v Holland, G, 18:15

Scotland v Ukraine, B, 15:00

Slovakia v San Marino, D, 14:00

Slovenia v Albania, G, 19:30

International Match

Switzerland v Austria, 19:30 :lol: - feeling left out I guess!

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

European Championship Qualifying

Albania v Bulgaria, G, 19:45

Azerbaijan v Serbia, A, 17:00

Belgium v Armenia, A, 19:45

Bosnia-Herzegovina v Norway, C, 19:30

Denmark v Latvia, F, 19:00

FYR Macedonia v Andorra, E, 19:00

France v Lithuania, B, 20:00

Georgia v Scotland, B, 18:00

Germany v Czech Republic, D, 19:45

Holland v Slovenia, G, 19:30

Kazakhstan v Portugal, A, 15:00

Liechtenstein v Iceland, F, 19:00

Luxembourg v Romania, G, 19:15

Malta v Moldova, C, 18:30

Rep of Ireland v Cyprus, D, 19:30

Russia v England, E, 16:00

San Marino v Wales, D, 19:15

Sweden v Northern Ireland, F, 19:30

Turkey v Greece, C, 18:30

Ukraine v Faroe Islands, B, 17:00

I don't know how you see this, Rob, but I can't work out why we aren't talking about going to Russia and winning to book our place in the finals. The mathematics are clear enough. Let's book our spot in style.

Ooops, missed this post, sorry. Yes, I agree, we should be looking to get two wins out of two and book our place in the finals this week. A win and a draw would be good but our aim should be two wins, something we're well capable of as long as we're playing as a team.

I don't want to jinx this, but I've a feeling Rooney may get a few goals this week. There's been a lot made of his lack of goals for England recently (a lot of that's down to injuries and suspensions), but I think he'll come good again in the next two games.

Oh, and I'm intrigued to see how this plastic pitch affects the game in Moscow. Seems a bit odd that they're allowed to use it tbh.

My predictions:

England 3-0 Estonia

Russia 1-2 England

How's that for optimism?

Finally, the possible outcomes this week:

Group A

Can qualify:

• No one

Can be eliminated:

• Serbia if they lose to Armenia and Azerbaijan (both away), and Portugal beat Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan (both away), and Poland beat Kazakhstan away.
  • Belgium if they lose to Finland at home.
  • Armenia if they don't beat Serbia at home and Belgium away, or if Finland avoid defeat against Belgium.

Group B

Can qualify:

• No one

Can be eliminated:

• Ukraine if they don't beat Scotland away, and Italy beat Georgia at home.

Group C

Can qualify:

• No one

Can be eliminated:

• Bosnia and Herzegovina if they lose to Greece away, and Turkey beats Moldova away.

Group D

Can qualify:

• Germany if they don't lose away to Ireland.
  • The Czechs if Germany beats Ireland away, or if they beat Germany away.

Can be eliminated:

• Ireland if they lose to Germany, or if they draw and the Czech Republic beats Germany away.

Group E

Can qualify:

• Croatia if they beat Israel at home and Russia fails to beat England at home.
  • England if they beat Estonia at home, and Russia away.

Can be eliminated:

• Russia if England beat Estonia at home and if Russia lose to England at home.
  • Israel if they lose to Croatia and England win their two games.

Group F

Can qualify:

• Sweden if they beat Liechtenstein away and Northern Ireland at home, and Denmark lose to Spain or Latvia at home.

Can be eliminated:

• Denmark if they lose to Spain and fail to beat Latvia at home.

Group G

Can qualify:

• Romania if they beat Netherlands at home and Bulgaria lose to Albania away.
  • Netherlands if they beat Romania away and Slovenia at home.

Can be eliminated:

• Albania if they lose to Slovenia away or to Bulgaria at home.

http://www.bloxster.net/rdasilva/38407

No slip-ups now. Performances don't matter. Results do. Sure, I would like to see a free-flowing England performance for my first visit to Wembley tomorrow afternoon but frankly all I'm really bothered about is winning.

That's understandable. By the way, there's a thread in the General Off-Topic section that might be of interest for you. It's currently on the second page of the section.

Ooops, missed this post, sorry. Yes, I agree, we should be looking to get two wins out of two and book our place in the finals this week. A win and a draw would be good but our aim should be two wins, something we're well capable of as long as we're playing as a team.

I don't want to jinx this, but I've a feeling Rooney may get a few goals this week. There's been a lot made of his lack of goals for England recently (a lot of that's down to injuries and suspensions), but I think he'll come good again in the next two games.

And I forgot, we have Owen fit as well. Rooney and Owen up front with both at full fitness for once! Excellent! It's such a shame that various injuries have prevented us enjoying this combination for the last three years as we should have been.

So

Poland

Italy

Greece

Germany

Czech Republic

Croatia

England

Sweden

Spain

Romania

pretty much look good to join Switzerland and Austria in the finals, pretty much the same group with Romania and Austria as new comers and Latvia, Russia and Denmark on the outside looking in.

The other 4 spots are being contested between

Netherlands vs. Bulgaria, both took part last time

Turkey vs. Norway

Scotland vs. France

and Portugal vs. Finland

The only one of real interest is Turkey vs. Norway, the others are all have a team that has a huge advantage, they are the better team, at least in the qualifying.

Turkey needs to not lose to Greece, but hopefully Greece can come up with the win, I want Norway in the finals.

Archived