Rome 1960

Techno Dragon

I found only this render about the recovering plan for the velodrome which is located on the south of the city inside the thierties complex of EUR. While the future sport city planned by Calatrava is located on the east suburbs of the city (Tor Vergata).

6ffkz2c.jpg

The new sport center, mostly dedicated to swimming/wealthness/post-injury activities, will surround and integrate the velodrome and not completely substitute it as I initially said. So the old velodrome should be recovered and not replaced.

This should be the winning project for residences and facilities for the area by Nemesi Arch.

6gk0fbp.jpg

• 10 months later...

Goodbye to a piece of Roma 1960.

The old olympic Velodrome, built in 1959, imploded today. In place of it, as mentioned in previous posts, will be built a new multifunctional sport-wealthness center.

1216918250609_009.jpg

As it looked in the 60s

381844341_35975f6dc8.jpg

Well, a dramatic way to end a former Olympic venue. Not like the way another former Olympic velodrome of another former Olympic host city became.

Well, a dramatic way to end a former Olympic venue. Not like the way another former Olympic velodrome of another former Olympic host city became.

Are you speaking of Montreal? The best reuse of what is essentially an expensive, later on worthless sports venue I have ever seen. B)

• 7 years later...