Callaghan Nordic Venue Scandal

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how unlikely, must be the truth."

Traction with the truth in the Callaghan Valley/Vanoc Scandal!!!!!

Looks like Santa's Elves were weaving their magic! Bring it on RCMP Commercial Crime! Kudos to the Red Coats!

Man, I was thrilled like many of my other friends, to read this stunning development regarding this stinky scandal surrounding the Callaghan Valley Nordic Venue. There have been other articles but this one was very revealing!!

Looks like the stench is sticking to the "players" responsible for this long overdue coverup & derailment of the original proponents. It would appear that the 'rats' are running from their sinking ship.

It is very clear as to WHO derailed the original legal proponent when we see the Land Bureaucrats operating with a private Nordic operator with clearly, a private agenda other than what is in the best interests of the taxpayers of British Columbia/Canada, with this new information; never mind the former Premier of the BC who had to resign in disgrace.

The "conflicts of interests" & heaven knows what else, are now taking focus & the puzzle pieces are coming together! Take note at the sudden fancy footwork, like a cat on a hot tin roof, by the private Nordic Operator based in Whistler having served on the 2010 Whistler Subcommittee working with the Land Bureaucrats & their consultants with the Bid Committee on the massive taxpayer funded Nordic Venue & Legacy Nordic Trials including cost overruns, to ensure his private facility in his words in the media, "fit seamlessly" together!!

This 'Nordic private operator 'player' in this scandal, Brad Sills, . . . . . . who was allegedly given an illegal license to operate during litigation by Land bureaucrats controlling Crown Land in the Callaghan Valley & originally responsible for designating the Callaghan Valley as the site of the Nordic Venue serving on the 2010 Bid Committee & Vanoc . . . . .is now attempting to sell his Nordic license for Mega Millions, suddenly since the RCMP confirmed their active file.

No wonder this scandal now has traction & the RCMP has opened the file "for the 3rd time"!!

Conflict of interest? It is not rocket science folks. ;)

Fraud? When it walks like a duck & . . . well you get it!

Good on the original winning "sole proponent" in the Government's own Proposal Call Process to build an international, alpine ski resort: Powder Mountain Resorts Ltd. with World Cup/Olympic Champion Downhiller Todd Brooker!

Persist until you prevail. Their vision was a winner as all of us skiers have known for years, to have year round skiing on a ringwall of interconnected mountains in the Callaghan Valley Valley - a micro climate with superior powder snow conditions.

What a no brainer this international ski resort, as I read, entirely at private sector cost would be for a massive asset regarding the Olympics & to complement Whistler/Blackcomb.

For all the fascinated followers of this scandal: Enjoy!

As a wiser man than I once stated: The truth WILL out! :D

Ref: The Pique: Whistler's Newsmagazine Published 2007-12-12 15:28:44

<H2 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">RCMP investigating Hartwicks' claims

</H2>Review of Power Mountain decision now an official investigation

By Andrew Mitchell

The RCMP has completed its review of a provincial decision to quash a resort proposal for Powder Mountain more than 20 years ago, and has referred to the case to senior investigators.

For the mother and daughter team of Nan and Dianne Hartwick, lead proponents for a ski resort on Powder Mountain in the 1980s, the decision to open an investigation gives weight to their own claims that their project was sidelined by backroom dealings and government employees with conflicts of interest. They will meet with the RCMP's special investigators this week to share their documents, as well as new developments that have come to light.

"Through all this time, we've never given up hope, we've never stopped investigating on our own, and now the RCMP has assigned some very senior investigators to our case," she said. "We're not looking for money, we just want the truth to come out and have our proposal recognized."

This is the third time that the RCMP have investigated the Hartwicks' case, which stems from decisions made in government to quash their Powder Mountain proposal more than 20 years ago. At the time the Hartwicks won three different calls for proposals to develop the area in the Callaghan Valley, and were the sole bid for the project.

In 1987 the province quashed the project because the Hartwicks did not have adequate financial backing, which the Hartwicks to this day deny. They had more than 75 financial backers when they applied for tenure, many of whom are still supporting the project.

The Hartwicks claim to have documents that show then-Premier Bill Vander Zalm intervened on behalf of a friend who was involved in another proposal called Callaghan Resorts, and was supported by senior bureaucrats in the land use office — some of which continue to be involved in Callaghan development through agencies like the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympics (VANOC).

The most recent criminal investigation into the case was closed in 2000, shortly after a B.C. Court of Appeal dismissed a lawsuit by the Hartwicks against Callaghan Resorts and other parties. During the litigation, Land and Water B.C. issued several tenures for operations in the Callaghan, something the Hartwicks say should not have happened while court proceedings were ongoing. One of those tenures was for Callaghan Country, which is currently for sale at $5.95 million.

The Hartwicks also allege that several documents that back their claims were not considered as part of the appeal, and were not included in the judgment.

"That's all coming in to play now," said Dianne Hartwick, who has put together a detailed file with all of their court documents and instances where she feels there were conflicts of interest. She believes that everything that has happened since the province quashed their proposal has been a cover-up.

"We won as the legal proponent to develop a ski resort in (the Callaghan), which we still want. That's what we're going for. Not for damages, but to get our rights back. We were derailed through deceit, unethical conduct. Now it's up to the RCMP to decide if it was criminal.

"We're really thrilled, as all our investors are, that we stuck to our guns with the support of so many good people, and we're determined to right this wrong… we never gave up because we knew we were right, and have the evidence to prove it."

:P:rolleyes::lol:;)

Been waiting so long for these articles, I knew it would come. Thank you for putting them on, Eyesearswideopen..

Are any of the abusers and always putting us believers down, are you reading?? Are you looking /

I am and was for the Olympics ..BUT NOT NOW IN VANCOUVER WHO CHEATED, LIED, THIEFS, AND DID CRIMINAL TO GET THERE. My son is disappointed....this is not for the Olympic players,THIS IS FOR THE HUNGRY MONEY MAKERS...

You have not heard from me as dealing with you charactors and you know who you are is like dealing with the Goverment in Vancouver.

Trains, Planes and Automobiles, that is what it is . The drugs, the homeless, the parks, streets torn up,people displaced.

2008 will be on the records for sure.....and little people who know it all..go run tell it on the mountain. The ones that are screwing the Hartwicks, the Vanvouver residents, and all the Canadians.

This too long for you too read...pictures are better...like the trains and streets...like the one who takes those are paid by the Goverment....don't fall asleep.. I haven't .. I laid still waiting to shove some of this where it belongs to these ones, thinking they are god.

I am not done yet..You will hear more...I am waiting for it to go and it will....the people will be singing...

I will gladly back the Hartwicks on their project and so will my son's..Powder Mtn, was taken unfair and the proof is their, hold on to your chairs, cause your sitting on your brains... :P It is soooo in the open....like I said " Go tell it on the mountain"" We are,all her backers..especially TODD BROOKER...

AND I HOPE THE OLYMPIC COMITTEE WILL TAKE ANOTHER LOOK,AT THE FRAUD/.

ALL THE HARTWICKS WANT IS THEIR MTN BACK WITH OR WITHOUT THE OLYMPICS....THEY ARE NOT THE MONEY HUNGRY , THEY WANT WHAT WAS THEIRS BACK.....~~~~~~GO HARTWICKS~~~

:rolleyes: ~~~~~

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back, Agenthuggles! At your service . . .anytime. Hope your had a good Christmas.

Like you, I haven't bothered with this site until some more spice could be added to this thread. Otherwise: B-O-R-I-N-G . . . too much fluff & paid pr spinning for my brain cells.

Yes, I too knew the other shoe would drop based on those original news articles. Go tell it on the mountain indeed - lots more to come, I suspect from this latest revelation - the scenario is obvious about the back room dealings on this one.

As for you Baron PierreIV:

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" :D

Happy New Year - may it be a year of truth & justice for those deserving.

Welcome back, Agenthuggles! At your service . . .anytime. Hope your had a good Christmas.

Like you, I haven't bothered with this site until some more spice could be added to this thread. Otherwise: B-O-R-I-N-G . . . too much fluff & paid pr spinning for my brain cells.

Yes, I too knew the other shoe would drop based on those original news articles. Go tell it on the mountain indeed - lots more to come, I suspect from this latest revelation - the scenario is obvious about the back room dealings on this one.

As for you Baron PierreIV:

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" :D

Happy New Year - may it be a year of truth & justice for those deserving.

We get it...you don't want Vancouver to host the Olympics.

:rolleyes:

We get it...you don't want Vancouver to host the Olympics.

Hi Spikey, :rolleyes:

" Who is we??? I only see your name. This is not going to stop the Olympics, you know that and I know that. What you don't get. :blink: is the people being stepped on , how the Olympics got to Vancouver.

Oh , I am sure this stuff takes place in all the sites. BUT , this is about How the Hartwicks,got swindled, lied too. I for one ,want JUSTICE, FOR THE HARTWICKS. Been following this for 20 years, and time is now, while the heads are in Court now for misjustice, proof is there on the Reid now.

So , Hope you can bear with us backers for the Hartwicks.

Olympics are important, just I felt angry of how it got here.

Happy New Year....

Points well taken, Agenthuggles . . . .high fives to you! Here are a few of my New Years thoughts . . . .

Must be that infamous old "royal we" club :rolleyes: that Spikey is referencing LOL - you know the people with the endless supply of govt. photos on the RAV Line, sinking Convention Centre etc. etc. . . . BTW, there are now 2 lawsuits, one a Class Action, in gear re: the destruction of the small businesses along Cambie St. thanks to the Govt. mega project - these people are paying for this monolith, yet their lives have been devastated. The Convention Centre last seen is sinking in red ink by the day, all orchestrated by the Premier's Office in the name of the Olympics. It gives all of us Canadians major migraines. I'm not sure where you live, huggles, but you have obviously seen the news on the net & are very savvy with the truth.

Re: the growing scandal now surfacing, it's not difficult to see the true picture when you operate with an open mind using the information that has now come out in these newspaper articles - for some, as we have seen on this site, this appears to be difficult. However, one cannot grab the issue at hand when one does not WANT to - for whatever motivations - e.g. the "royal we" on this site. It isn't rocket science to get it, is it?

This Callaghan Vanoc Scandal re: the Nordic Venue has NOTHING to do with the Olympics per se, the athletes etc. but; it is slowly being revealed as being EVERYTHING to do with a small group of Govt. Land Bureaucrats & their Nordic private sector pals who operated to "swindle" the winning proponent private company, Powder Mountain Resorts Ltd., & push their WANTS by cutting their stinkin' deals behind govt. closed doors. Nice to know how our govt. operates when we ain't lookin' folks!

It is obvious what a massive bonus a new International ski resort would be for the 2010 Olympics not to mention Whistler/Blackcomb with guaranteed snow conditions & all of the amenities that are lacking to date & so troublesome with planning for the Games. Doesn't make any sense until one factors in the corruption that has been going & covered up for vested interests. Anyone, like your avid skier son, huggles, knows that clustering of ski resorts is one of the key economic factors which make ski resorts economically tick. It's all about synergy.

I & others, like you, now understand with more clarity, how this bunch of bandits who it appears were part of the original derailing of the legal ski resort winning proponent, saw an chance to further their private Nordic agenda - The pieces fit perfectly & yes, it's a pile of rot that needs to be cut out with a scalpel:

• to use massive amounts of taxpayers dollars with their hands in the Vanoc cookie jar at the same time using their influence in govt. & on the Bid/Vanoc to supplement their own, malicious, hidden, Nordic plan to stop the sole proponent of the proposal call for the crown land, Powder Mountain Resorts Ltd. whose govt. rights are to build a neighboring international ski resort in the Callaghan Valley to Whistler/Blackcomb with superior snow conditions on a ringwall of 5 mountains from what I read - providing massive year round skiing - man I love that POWDER!!!!! :D This Alpine Resort is long overdue - brings on those runs!

No wonder Crazy Canuck, now NBC Olympic/World Cup Downhill ski analyst, Todd Brooker is associated to this company & its winning proposal. I'd sure love to get his input on this forum - THAT would be cool!

As I posted earlier with a little digging on the good old net, I saw with my own eyes, the IOC were blocked from hearing the Hartwicks by representatives of the Bid Committee, apparently in 2003 prior to Prague. I understand that some of the IOC officials supposedly are members of this site - you rightly asked earlier: Where are their voices now???????? ;)

This IS NOT what that spirit of the founding Olympics was built on. Get with it you guys. This Scandal linked to Vanoc is anthing BUT ethics 101 & GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. Just for once, in modern history, wouldn't it be nice to see some clean Olympics?

Only seriously deluded &/or vested interests would condone what has happened here.

Mixed reactions greet Olympic ski jumpsSki jumpers praise facilities but sports group worries about effect of cutbacks Jeff LeeVancouver Sun

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

WHISTLER - Canada's best hopes for Olympic medals in ski jumping and Nordic combined kicked the tires of the country's newest ski jumps this weekend, and proclaimed themselves pleased.

But officials at Ski Jumping Canada say they're still worried about the long-term growth potential for the sports because of cost-cutting changes the Vancouver Organizing Committee made when building the two jumps at Whistler Olympic Park for the 2010 Games.

On Monday, about 50 young male and female ski jumpers from around the continent took to the lower jump. They're in the Callaghan Valley this week for the North American Junior Nordic Combined Championships and the Canadian Ski Jumping Championships.

While Stefan Read, Canada's top-ranked ski jumper tried the K95, the smaller of two jumps built in the Callaghan Valley, 20 km south of Whistler, his father Ron Read said he worries the facility doesn't have the support to build on Canada's tiny ski jumping community. Read is the high performance director for Ski Jumping Canada, and a member of the International Ski Federation's ski jumping sector.

He said Vanoc's decision to scrap original plans to build several small development jumps and put down plastic and porcelain mats so the jumps can be used in the summer means it will be difficult to build new talent for a sport already at the bottom of Canadian sport development.

"These jumps are the equivalent of the double black diamond ski run," he said. "And nobody starts on the double black diamond run."

But John Heilig, Vanoc's Nordic facilities manager says the jumps are the catalyst for a resurgence of ski jumping and Nordic combined in Canada. He's working with supporters in Squamish to create a new club and he said he thinks the new jumps complement the existing summer training facilities in Calgary.

And he notes Calgary's large jump, the K114, is closed because it's out of date.

"If we didn't have the facility here, there would be no large hill jumping in Canada," he said.

"So these two facilities complement each other. We can do effective summer training in Calgary, and our winter training here." . . . .

Read said Vanoc's decision to cut back killed Ski Jumping Canada's plan to base its national training facility in the Callaghan. . . . . . .

Hmmmmmm so with the knowledge from the several articles posted here re: the RCMP sleuths actively working on the Callaghan Valley Coverup, for the 3rd time . . . & given the facts revealed surrounding the BC Govt. crown land bureaucrats' sticky fingers on the Bid Committee & Vanoc Board of Directors & their direct involvement in the Callaghan Valley Nordic Venue & Ski jumps etc working with their long standing pal, the Nordic operator, - who allegedly received a wrongful license to operate in the Callaghan Valley while working with the land bureaucrats during litigation then sat on the Whistler Bid Subcommittee to make his facility fit as he himself brags: "seamlessly" . . . the same Nordic operator, Brad Sills who is suddenly trying to jump ship & sell his Nordic facility & license for $$$$$$6 Million Big ones, after being built on the backs of Canadian Taxpayers . . .

. . . . there is an odor like Vanoc's decision "to scrap the original plans" is more than just massive cost overruns 'everywhichway' causing cut backs. . . . . . but a strong case of Vanoc having the jitters, seeing the train coming down the tunnel with no where to run . . . as this coverup gets uncovered.

Seems that there have been some sudden reactions & scrapping of plans with the word out about serious misconduct surrounding what has happened in the Callaghan Valley over the past few yrs involving the 'players' involved in this scandal.

Me thinks the MSM better get with the agenda & start reporting the REAL STORY behind the Callaghan Valley Nordic & Ski Jumping Venue.

I always knew you are another one THAT DOESN'T GET IT.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzhmmmmmmm

Yes, indeed, Agenthuggles - frankly, comments like Kendegra posted above give me my LOL for the day - so silly . . . . it must be sad going through life with blinders on - I guess its the old saying that ignorance is bliss but oh so shallow.

I prefer to get the whole enchillada, like you do all thinking people I know - gives you MUCH more to digest rather than starving on the crumbs . . . . I am truly chuckling right now how about you?

Yes, indeed, Agenthuggles - frankly, comments like Kendegra posted above give me my LOL for the day - so silly . . . . it must be sad going through life with blinders on - I guess its the old saying that ignorance is bliss but oh so shallow.

I prefer to get the whole enchillada, like you do all thinking people I know - gives you MUCH more to digest rather than starving on the crumbs . . . . I am truly chuckling right now how about you?

:rolleyes: HI We sure are not connecting much, earseyeswideopen,

I presume your Christmas and New Years was good. Did you take the family out? Money is so much here in Vancouver, right?

Yes I am LOL LOL with Kendegra respond.. :lol: ..good laugh for 2008 to start off with. busy with the Court Data, just stopping in to lookie...your doing the foot work , thank you.. I depend on you doing the research., and putting it on. Thanks

How are your boy's doing? Any sking while home from college...LOL Might as well go to Breckinridge Colorado..thats where I took mine. They are really disappointed with the graft here.

Well got to back to work..Hello to the boy's from me. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: HI We sure are not connecting much, earseyeswideopen,

I presume your Christmas and New Years was good. Did you take the family out? Money is so much here in Vancouver, right?

Yes I am LOL LOL with Kendegra respond.. :lol: ..good laugh for 2008 to start off with. busy with the Court Data, just stopping in to lookie...your doing the foot work , thank you.. I depend on you doing the research., and putting it on. Thanks

How are your boy's doing? Any sking while home from college...LOL Might as well go to Breckinridge Colorado..thats where I took mine. They are really disappointed with the graft here.

Well got to back to work..Hello to the boy's from me. :rolleyes:

You are not connecting because you are being extremely disrespectful to people on this website. You want people to listen to your point of view, but if someone does not agree, you proceed to degrade them to the ground. Everyone is able to express their opinions, but you don't have to do it in the manner that you are doing it. I am sure you are adults, start acting like it.

LOL. The eyeswideopen/agenthuggles pair are sure turning into one of the great duo acts _ a la Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy.

_ "That's another fine mess Vanoc's created Stanley"

_ "Indubitoubly, Olly!"

_ "I'm awed at your insight, Stanley!"

_ "As I am at yours, Olly!"

You are not connecting because you are being extremely disrespectful to people on this website. You want people to listen to your point of view, but if someone does not agree, you proceed to degrade them to the ground. Everyone is able to express their opinions, but you don't have to do it in the manner that you are doing it. I am sure you are adults, start acting like it.

:rolleyes: Spikey and your Rothoel, and the others that abused us on previous posts, GET A LIFE. We never harrassed you like you do us guys.

What are you afraid of, we stayed away because of your ignorance. Why, I can't express my self to answer you back......and your honchos.... I don't go on the GAY /STREIGHT thread where you all hang out. So why not read, SHUT UP, quit harrassing us .

There are facts put in this thread, from the newspapers, from the Olympic newpapers, so where do you get that we are putting you down.....it is reversed..your the ones with

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZHMMMMMMMMm hey if you can do it I can too. I deal with idiots all day long. I was hoping to get back to level headed guys , as now there is something concrete that you ALL wanted.

Do you forget what and how your harrassed us 10 pages back, and Thread before that. ,that was closed down. There you called us names..OH YES !!! I thought I was dealing with men, instead whimps.

Who is disrespectful?????? The players that are going to get their heads on a platter....the newspaper is playing that.

Go back to your Olympic side..this should have no bearing on any of you ...UNLESS , You are working for the HEADS and trying to Block as they are trying to do with the newspapers..

No one asked any of you to believe........so stay out of it.

This started with the Olympics not just Hartwicks but the heads that thought they would get away with other deals they made.. 20 years of corruption just for the Olympics... I think I am dealing with other men, maybe you are all women.. Your acting like it.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it and that's being kind words of what I would like to say. But respect has been always on my part. making fun of Eyesearswideopen and I , is what you did.

Not that I expected any different this time with more prof...Ha .Must be we are touching some one who knows we are right. :angry:

What is there to not get? I did as you always suggested. I read the article.

Mixed reactions greet Olympic ski jumps Ski jumpers praise facilities but sports group worries about effect of cutbacks Jeff LeeVancouver Sun

WHISTLER - Canada's best hopes for Olympic medals in ski jumping and Nordic combined kicked the tires of the country's newest ski jumps this weekend, and proclaimed themselves pleased.

But officials at Ski Jumping Canada say they're still worried about the long-term growth potential for the sports because of cost-cutting changes the Vancouver Organizing Committee made when building the two jumps at Whistler Olympic Park for the 2010 Games.

On Monday, about 50 young male and female ski jumpers from around the continent took to the lower jump. They're in the Callaghan Valley this week for the North American Junior Nordic Combined Championships and the Canadian Ski Jumping Championships.

While Stefan Read, Canada's top-ranked ski jumper tried the K95, the smaller of two jumps built in the Callaghan Valley, 20 km south of Whistler, his father Ron Read said he worries the facility doesn't have the support to build on Canada's tiny ski jumping community. Read is the high performance director for Ski Jumping Canada, and a member of the International Ski Federation's ski jumping sector.

He said Vanoc's decision to scrap original plans to build several small development jumps and put down plastic and porcelain mats so the jumps can be used in the summer means it will be difficult to build new talent for a sport already at the bottom of Canadian sport development.

"These jumps are the equivalent of the double black diamond ski run," he said. "And nobody starts on the double black diamond run."

But John Heilig, Vanoc's Nordic facilities manager says the jumps are the catalyst for a resurgence of ski jumping and Nordic combined in Canada. He's working with supporters in Squamish to create a new club and he said he thinks the new jumps complement the existing summer training facilities in Calgary.

And he notes Calgary's large jump, the K114, is closed because it's out of date.

"If we didn't have the facility here, there would be no large hill jumping in Canada," he said.

"So these two facilities complement each other. We can do effective summer training in Calgary, and our winter training here." . . . .

Read said Vanoc's decision to cut back killed Ski Jumping Canada's plan to base its national training facility in the Callaghan. . . . . . .

What is there to not get? I did as you always suggested. I read the article.

Mixed reactions greet Olympic ski jumps Ski jumpers praise facilities but sports group worries about effect of cutbacks Jeff LeeVancouver Sun

Yes, the jumps look good, and will serve as great venues during Vancouver 2010. But I do have a problem whit them, and probably not the same one that EWO, Agent... and the rest of the username-way-to-long-to-remember-club.

Its simple; building the smaller jumps (like they did for Calgary 1988) would have mean that we can finally get Canadian Ski Jumpers developed in another region that Calgary. Sure, we have world class facilities in Vancouver now, but you can't use them in the winter and it will be impossible for beginners to use them. Vancouver 2010 would have been a great way to develop Ski Jumping in Canada. Its a shame that Vancouver's youngsters will still have to go to Calgary if they want to try out the sport.

Oh, and hopefully this Ski Jump will be kept in good shape, not like the Calgary one...

LOL. The eyeswideopen/agenthuggles pair are sure turning into one of the great duo acts _ a la Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy.

_ "That's another fine mess Vanoc's created Stanley"

_ "Indubitoubly, Olly!"

_ "I'm awed at your insight, Stanley!"

_ "As I am at yours, Olly!"

:lol: Wow !! aren't you the big man tonight. Why can't you stay on the GAY/Streight Forum where you and your cronies are...skiers?? This is a Forum started as "Calligan Nordic Venue Scandal" Twice now on both Forums you make fun of us guys.

Are you Gay? :o As on that Forum you ridiculed a guy so much...wonder if he is still on. I think that's fine. I am not, and I prefer to deal with men who act mature, not rediculing . if not going your way. Wether Gay or Streight.

I liked Abbott ,Costello Laurel and Hardy...they would make you look like Orphan Annie/

Do you like making fun of people??? You must be getting paid for this , on this Forum... Are they paying you enough, because I am not leaving, until the Fat Lady Sings....and she will.

I stayed away for a long time to wait for the paper to bring more and more out. I come back and ZINGERS right away.. Well sit tight , there is more to come.

Meanwhile I am going to laugh at your statement..so juvenile ;) LOL LOL

:lol: Wow !! aren't you the big man tonight. Why can't you stay on the GAY/Streight Forum where you and your cronies are...skiers?? This is a Forum started as "Calligan Nordic Venue Scandal" Twice now on both Forums you make fun of us guys.

Are you Gay? :o As on that Forum you ridiculed a guy so much...wonder if he is still on. I think that's fine. I am not, and I prefer to deal with men who act mature, not rediculing . if not going your way. Wether Gay or Streight.

I liked Abbott ,Costello Laurel and Hardy...they would make you look like Orphan Annie/

Do you like making fun of people??? You must be getting paid for this , on this Forum... Are they paying you enough, because I am not leaving, until the Fat Lady Sings....and she will.

I stayed away for a long time to wait for the paper to bring more and more out. I come back and ZINGERS right away.. Well sit tight , there is more to come.

Meanwhile I am going to laugh at your statement..so juvenile ;) LOL LOL

Yes, the jumps look good, and will serve as great venues during Vancouver 2010. But I do have a problem whit them, and probably not the same one that EWO, Agent... and the rest of the username-way-to-long-to-remember-club.

Its simple; building the smaller jumps (like they did for Calgary 1988) would have mean that we can finally get Canadian Ski Jumpers developed in another region that Calgary. Sure, we have world class facilities in Vancouver now, but you can't use them in the winter and it will be impossible for beginners to use them. Vancouver 2010 would have been a great way to develop Ski Jumping in Canada. Its a shame that Vancouver's youngsters will still have to go to Calgary if they want to try out the sport.

Oh, and hopefully this Ski Jump will be kept in good shape, not like the Calgary one...

I do agree with you on that. It is too bad that VANOC had to cut back the full scope of the project. Of course, their responsibility and priority is to ensure excellent competition venues for 2010. That means when cuts were made, the training facility was first on the floor.

I hope that the Canadian Ski Jump people can at least build off this facility. Could they seek sponsors and raise funds to add the smaller training jumps to the Callaghan Valley facility after the 2010 Games?

Vancouver and BC's construction costs are out of control these days, but hopefully after the Olympic frenzie, something like that can happen and be built at a more reasonable cost. Then again, are the jumps going to be there for a long time? I recall discussion of making them temporary.