Eurobasket 2007.spain,3-16 Set.

ñuto

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone betting that Portugal would end in the final twelve teams must be extraordinarily rich by now :lol:

Congratulations, Ratinhos Diabólicos! B)

Not a bad team, they did many three points shots especially in the beginning against us.

Something else, greek tv said that Athens will possible host the pre olympic tournament next year!

Not a bad team, they did many three points shots especially in the beginning against us.

Yeah, we're not a "bad team" anymore, but we're still far from upseting the basketball "giants". That first period was the only time when we gave you some fight :P Then you just built that solid defense, used your height, and we practically ceased to score and defend properly. One thing you didn't need to win was the referee's help on some incomprehensible fouls against us. Oh, and the FIBA Europe president (Greek, FYI) sitting just behind the officials table was intriguing, to say the least...

Anyway, it was an awesome experience and now that we've shown what we're capable, it's more than our obligation to qualify for Poland 2009. B)

Yeah, we're not a "bad team" anymore, but we're still far from upseting the basketball "giants". That first period was the only time when we gave you some fight :P Then you just built that solid defense, used your height, and we practically ceased to score and defend properly. One thing you didn't need to win was the referee's help on some incomprehensible fouls against us. Oh, and the FIBA Europe president (Greek, FYI) sitting just behind the officials table was intriguing, to say the least...

Anyway, it was an awesome experience and now that we've shown what we're capable, it's more than our obligation to qualify for Poland 2009. B)

As for referees, they sometimes act different towards "better" teams, it happened to us against Spain too.About the president you mention I read about it at some greek sites about the complaining of Portugal.It seems strange if he wanted to help at this match, he could have done it in the match with Spain or Croatia which where much more important.

Anyway I wish you to qualify for 2009 ;)

Qualifying round:

Germany 67- Italy 58

France 85- Turkey 64

Lithuania 80- Slovenia 61

Standings:

1. Lithuania 5/0 10

2.Slovenia 4/1 9

3.France 3/2 8

4. Germany 2/3 7

5.Italy 1/4 6

6.Turkey 0/5 5

Italy and Turkey out

tomorrow 2 quarter finals: Russia-France (19:00 pm) and Spain-Germany (21:30 pm)

My guesses for direct qualification are Russia and Lithuania, I would like to see Slovenia get in there for one of the 2 spots but not gonna happen.

3-6 go to the OQT, so 4 spots, not 3. And since Spain is already qualified, the 7th place aswell, I think Germany is gonna be the odd-team out.

They are thoughts to cancel the pre olympic tournament and have the old system.

I don't remember how many, but it was direct qualification.I think it was the first 4 and with Greece 5.

Indeed. The 2004 silver medalists will not be in Beijing :o

yeah and actually Italvolley (silver in Athens) run the risk to not qualify for Beijing too on being eliminated from the Euro Ch. What a big disappointment for our two best teams! :(

yeah and actually Italvolley (silver in Athens) run the risk to not qualify for Beijing too on being eliminated from the Euro Ch. What a big disappointment for our two best teams! :(

I think that the Eurovolley is not qualifying for Beijing.there are a European Olympic Qualification Tournament (in Izmir,Turkey,January 7-13 2008) and after ,in May,3 pre-olympics more...

in the eurovolley of Russia Spain is playing very well and they are in semifinals unbeated..

http://www.eurovolley2007.ru/

those days in Barcelona we have the eurobaseball too,this tournament is a preolympic (1st place team).

Great Britain,Spain,France,Netherlands,Sweden and Germany are fighting for this place in the Final Phase,bad news for Italy too...

http://www.fibs.it/cnc/ceb/2007/barcelona/schedule.asp

Yes, but on being eliminated from the Euros means that we can't join the WC where there are 3 places for Beijing while in the Euro olympic qualifyng tournaments ther's only a place avaible. Same for each of the 3 world tournaments.

It should somethig like this:

China+

3 world championship finalists +

1 team for every continental qual. tounament+

1 team from each of the last 3 world tournaments

Yes, but on being eliminated from the Euros means that we can't join the WC where there are 3 places for Beijing while in the Euro olympic qualifyng tournaments ther's only a place avaible. Same for each of the 3 world tournaments.

It should somethig like this:

China+

3 world championship finalists +

1 team for every continental qual. tounament+

1 team from each of the last 3 world tournaments

yes,you are right,is very difficult for Italy to join the Olympics in volley...

As expected Germany lost to Spain. France lost to Russia in the other quarterfinal.

volley: Germany was the better team against Spain but they lost the nerves at the end (like always). But they had a second chance to reach the semifinal. Spain had to beat Serbia by 3-0 or 3-1 sets, after winning the first to sets and a match point in the third set, Spain lost the third and the fourth set and the dream of the first medal at an E-Ch ever was over. Huge disappointment in the German camp. But next week, the Women´s E-Ch begin in Belgium and Luxembourg and our Women team is better than their male counterparts.

Russia qualified for the Olympics by beating Lithuania. So now, Greece and Lithuania will play for a direct berth for Beijing.

Archived