Glasgow Beat Abuja On Evaluation Report

GBModerator

Mo Rush, I finaly got it right you look like a pal to me but for the other guys they're too far away from becoming pals.

Yes! NYCD, are you really scared of Nigeria cos little sisi can get on with words?. Hahaha...lalala. Be my guest in this commonwealth talk. Am really crazy about commonwealth, I like the commonwealth so much! If you don't like your country being a member you can go to hell and sit on a hot coal.

Mo Ruch, much apology to you again not that Singapore based genteel claiming to be a nerd! yeyeye. I got you nerve, NYCD.

Am proud of my weak Nigerians,k? you can call them whatever you like we aren't going to give to you.

Yep! ride on guys in the house

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mo Rush, I finaly got it right you look like a pal to me but for the other guys they're too far away from becoming pals.

Yes! NYCD, are you really scared of Nigeria cos little sisi can get on with words?. Hahaha...lalala. Be my guest in this commonwealth talk. Am really crazy about commonwealth, I like the commonwealth so much! If you don't like your country being a member you can go to hell and sit on a hot coal.

Mo Ruch, much apology to you again not that Singapore based genteel claiming to be a nerd! yeyeye. I got you nerve, NYCD.

Am proud of my weak Nigerians,k? you can call them whatever you like we aren't going to give to you.

Yep! ride on guys in the house

Well excuse me .. just who think you are running all over me . I never mention once I hated my country being in the commonwealth. If I knew any better , you're just jealous of what my country has achieve.

You act as if the commonwealth owns Nigeria a living. In case you didn't notice , Nigeria isn't the only commonwealth country in Africa. There are a lot more other commonwealth countries in Africa capable of hosting a better commonwealth games than Nigeria.

If you think I am scared of loser , one day younger than me , then you got to be joking. You think I am scarded of a little verbal abuse ? GET REAL !

If can't bring up any decend point of why Nigeria should host , then I suggest you should take a long hike up F**k mountain and go suck your mom's CHEE BAI . KAO PEI ! GET LOST YOU BLACK BANGLAH ! :)

Yea! am older than you and that's an edge too,NYCD.

You want to turn it into racism go on let's ride asshole!

You aren't a civilized white guy. Meanwhile, I got nothing agaisnt whites. Now you want to hide your failure in color,right?

You can kiss my ass. I wouldn't insult somebody's mother if I were you,NYCD!

Kiss my little balls boy.hahaha...lol jerk!

NYCD, I still don't like you whimp.heheh,asshole.

We are gonna win Scotland wether they like it or not. I don't give a damn about Scotland development of which is great

Nigeria a third world country is making Scotland with all it gat to sweat.Oh my God! I think NYCD is losing is gout! lalala we gonna get you. Am you worse night mare,NYCD!

Come on guys, you've got off on the wrong foot.

NYCD, James' biggest problem is that his English seems to be letting him down a bit. I don't think he's a JJ type character at all but just an overenthusiastic newbie (we've seen plenty of them on here recently as you know). He might have said some frustrating things but your responses have been OTT.

James, I understand you really want Nigeria to win but you attitude (that Nigeria is in some way owed the games and any other outcome would be a travesty of justice) is not a good one to have. Nobody owes anyone anything, that's not how these things work.

This race is too close to call in truth, so just accept that you support different bids.

Everybody shouldn't just blame me on English cos it has nothing to what am talking about. The NYCD guy is too childish thinking Nigeria just have to give in to scotland just like that without much work after the evaluation report. I still beleive more need to be done after.

Rob, you have a matured mind and like you for that but we aren't pals, I repeat. For Artwebb, if you want to be against because you thought Nigeria can't just host the CWGs for some reason that's fine with me. Am absolutely ready for any of you that's against Nigeria hosting right here.

Time shall really tells who is the victor cos am still not seeing Scotland taking CWGs from us. If it did, know that it's based on politics and plays.

NYCD, I don't think Scotland have anything I will see and get jealous of. I have travelled far and wide. I have been to many great countries. Why should I be when Scotland is not my country. I only pay alligiance to my fellow country not to your Scotland. Foolhardy NYCD!

I like you all the good guys who want to see other member countries in the CW come up. I think CW needs to listen to me and give this games hosting right to my country of Nigeria. Am not saying CW owns us anything but the games, PERIOD.

Time shall really tells who is the victor cos am still not seeing Scotland taking CWGs from us. If it did, know that it's based on politics and plays.

Now that's interesting because most people would say it was the other way around!! With regard to technical aspects (as the report shows) Glasgow is way ahead of Abuja. If there was no politics or bias and the decision was based purely on which bid is most likely to succeed technically Glasgow would win, no question.

Abuja is relying on "politics and plays", not Glasgow! In other words Abuja can only win if the politics is on their side as techincally, they're miles behind.

ok. Who do you guys really think will win the hosting right? Forget about the evalution thing more still need to be done!

Rob, give me a break. I don't want you to speak for NYCD. He wants Nigeria not to put up a fight at all and just give in. to Scotland. I beleive we need Scotland support for advanced infrastrutures already the games is ours. is ours! I can see it through the window.

James - or should that be Jim Jones, Arwebb aka gorgu, and Rob, the three of you have litterally destroyed any little credibility left in this thread!

The only reason why I placed my fart comments into this debate is because that is what it's generated into.

It is depressing to see the DISGUSTING spectre of racisim and nationalisim comming out in the Commonwealth Games site on GB, no wonder there is a doomsday feel to the future of this event! This HAS become a White v Black competition and the comments said by those in this topic will haunt them for all time here on Games Bids. - I'll make sure of that!

Nothing to be proud of!

:(

Alexjc, I'm not going to waste my time defending myself against your unwarranted accusations which have absolutely no basis in reality. I've been round here a long time. I think most members know my stances on the issues you raise and I don't feel I have any need whatsoever to justify myself or my record in this topic to anyone, least of all to such ridiculous claims as yours. That doesn't stop me being furious about them though.

on a lighter note

My friend Udeme… is in Cape Town

Idowu Samuel, Abuja

Tribuneman, Idowu Samuel, at the

Central District, Capetown

It was about 20 minutes to landing when announcements by the pilot woke some passen-gers on board the South African Airline. A moment after, some passengers, mostly white men and women became alert and noticeably curious. Appa-rently, they were visiting Nigeria for the first time.

The curious ones including those who sat farther from the window of the aircraft eagerly stretched their necks to survey the Lagos environment, which poorly came to view with effect of distance. As the aircraft was lowered progressively pre-paratory to landing, the clearer picture of Lagos came to full glare, exhibiting to interested viewers clustered structures, all rioting with human settlements amid scraggy and disorganised street layouts. The humid and choky nature of Lagos was all that anyone who sought the pre-knowledge of the environment could have.

Lagos is a creation of the British imperialists. In the 50s up to the early 70s, it could stand shoulder to shoulder with any of its contemporaries across the globe even as the capital of Nigeria. Not any more now! For many years, the former capital of Nigeria has been an exhibit of the jagged mentality of the managers, or better still, a testimony of utter deficiency of Nigerians intending to improve on the good things of life offered on a platter of gold. Any Nigerian on board the South African Airline could not agree less that Lagos is a jungle in comparison with the alluring beauties that the city of Johannesburg, from where they took-off presented.

Nigerians who had visited South Africa have not stopped envying the citizens, most especially the blacks. Life in the former apartheid country is simply western if the culture, the atmosphere, bliss, resources, infrastructure, the general conduct of the people and other things are anything to go by. The infrastructure built by the colonialists in the entire South Africa since ages are still vivid, intact and strong at the instance of the culture of maintenance. The additional infrastructure built in recent times in all the 9 provinces of the country have augmented the beauty and serenity of the entire country.

In essence, an average South African needs not gnash his teeth like the majority of Nigerians for lacking the basic good things of life. Today, the blacks in South Africa earn their living with little stress. Any suffering by him in this era may simply have been self-inflicted. Such could not have originated from his former colonial master, who infact, has been sulking since 1994 for losing authority and power.

It presupposes that what the blacks in South Africa had missed or suffered during the longera of apartheid, they seem to have gained multiplefold now having been exposed to the glittering and organized lifestyle of the white man. If that seems to be a compensation of sort, the glory lies in the collapse of apartheid in the country about thirteen years ago. To a very large extent, an average black man now enjoys the same privileges with his white counterpart. For him, life has turned a full circle in which he is now to discriminate against his white brother, being in possession of the political power of his country.

Nige

rians who travelled to South Africa three weeks ago for Commonwealth Inter- Parliamentary Association (CPA) African Region Conference ‘were greened’ with envy all through their stay. Selected members of the House of Representatives and also legislators from some states of Nigeria made the trip to South Africa. The House speaker, Honourable Patricia Olubunmi Etteh, led the delegation. The South African trip produced a humbling effect on the visiting Nigerians in many ways. The serenity, alluring beauty, streets layouts, general planning, flora, fauna, centres of recreation, night line, humility and the general good conduct of South Africans (blacks and whites) were too glaring to ignore for the Nigerians.

The

government of South Africa is conscious of beauties that all the zones in its country present. In effect, it is content in turning the entire country into a tourist nation. This, the government demonstrated to the delegates who participated in the 38th CPA conference. Notwithstanding that Cape Town was the conference venue, the South African organizers ensured a good shuffling of delegates from participating African countries into all the 9 provinces of South Africa. The idea is that each delegate would have a feel of the province into which he was shuffled for at least two days before moving into Cape Town for the CPA summit. Half of the Nigerian delegation had the privilege of staying in Johannesburg and Cape Town for that purpose.

The South African government has many reasons to market its country to the rest of the world. The main reason is economically inclined. This is so because the culture of South Africa is rich and has over the years held strong appeal to tourists. The country is rated as having the third largest level of bio-diversity in the world. It has two oceans, two coastlines, world-renowned mountain ranges, deserts and lush forests. The government has thus been smart enough to turn these natural endowments into money spinning sources for itself and has been smiling to the World Bank for this.

Contrary to belief, Johannesburg is not even the most beautiful city in South Africa. Cape Town, which is acclaimed to be is not the seat of government. Whereas each of the main cities in South Africa compete for beauty and attention, Cape Town Stands out as the hub of the country’s socio-cultural exhibition to the outside world, a place where anyone born with instinct of relaxation would love to be. Some tourists had even confessed that Cape Town is much better a place than many European countries for holidaying. The city ended playing host to the speaker of the House and the newsmen in her entourage.

On arrival at the Cape Town Airport, delegates from Nigeria were welcome immediately with an imposing visage of a well-planned city. Some quickly conjured a mental picture of Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory and immediately wrote it off as a non-starter, comparatively. Really, there are places in Abuja so colonized by demented residents who defecate anywhere in their neighbourhood with the cover of darkness, whereas Cape Town gives none of its residents the slightest chance to do such. There are places in Abuja where refuse sites have been a permanent feature. No place in Cape Town is a habour for refuse, no matter how congested. In general, the culture of maintenance reigns supreme in South Africa. Regrettably, that culture is not in the dictionary of planners and executors anywhere in Nigeria. The South Africans as could be observed, have trained themselves over the years on keeping with the driving code of their country. They religiously obey the speed limits even when there is no sign of police presence. Nigeria on its own tends a very nebulous traffic law, and that has made most drivers to develop the mind of a beast. If the Federal Road Safety Corps in Nigeria ever declared speed limits for the highways and the cities, only a few would obey that because the sense of obedience had been thrown to the dogs in the country, leaving all drivers to driving recklessly to their whims and caprices.

What about the road network? You may drive round the city of Cape Town without running into a pothole or rather an untarred road. That has been possible because all the bad roads in the city had long given way to the good landscaping system that the country consciously cares for. Wait a minute…! the City of Cape Town is a place of blissful comfort, anyday, anytime for the residents.

Truly, delegates from Nigeria could not agree less in ascribing insanity to those who have been ruling them over the years against the backdrop of sustained underdevelopment of the country. Then the question raged endlessly in their thinking; why would leaders from Nigeria who had had the privilege of visiting the best cities across the globe with compelling exposure to the smooth running of systems in the cities, return and fail to display acumen in applying their experiences back home? While not concluding that the past leaders in Nigeria have been daft generally, the fact remains that they share largely in the state of rot that Nigeria has become. In essence, the inability of leaders in Nigeria to copy and apply visible good things from other lands is partly the bane of efforts aimed at developing Nigeria since 1960.

Shortly after settling down in the hotels, the urge to hit the Cape Town streets became very overwhelming. Fortunately, we had the service of a black driver who showed an inclination to be a good companion. He answers Thabiso. But because of his familiar courtesies and instant willingness to help, we renamed him Udeme. He laughed heartily when told the story of “my friend Udeme…as presented in the television advertisement for Guinness. From that moment, we had a very strong chord of friendship strengthened with Udeme and instantly became our unofficial tour guide.

The social life in South Africa offers many interesting sides. The life pattern even occurs as a good package for any tourist so imbued with the instinct of a sociologist. It had begun from a stage when the blacks inhabitants were forcefully invaded, repressed and colonized by the Dutch. The blacks endured many years of repression under colonialism until fate turned their story around in 1994; year of their freedom. The same hand of fate has shoved the colonial masters of yesterday to the background to quietly sulk and gnash teeth on the reality of losing power. Cold war exists between the blacks and the whites in South Africa, but such has never induced the two races to engage in inter-ethnic skirmishes the way it usually happen in Nigeria. All the races are barely tolerating one another, the end of apartheid in the country notwithstanding. Perhaps, it is only by a means of divine intervention that the people would forge a harmony so reassuring purposely for lifting the future of their country.

James - or should that be Jim Jones, Arwebb aka gorgu, and Rob, the three of you have litterally destroyed any little credibility left in this thread!

The only reason why I placed my fart comments into this debate is because that is what it's generated into.

It is depressing to see the DISGUSTING spectre of racisim and nationalisim comming out in the Commonwealth Games site on GB, no wonder there is a doomsday feel to the future of this event! This HAS become a White v Black competition and the comments said by those in this topic will haunt them for all time here on Games Bids. - I'll make sure of that!

Nothing to be proud of!

:(

The only time I've said anything I'm less than proud of in this CWG forum is when I've been provoked by that racist idiot Jim Jones (who thankfully I haven't seen around for a while, maybe he's been banned at last). Read this thread and point out anything I've said you don't like. I don't think there's anything in particular. I've tried to engage with James, who I don't believe is JJ and, certainly as far as my last few posts go, have tried to calm things down a bit here.

BTW, as I've also pointed out in another thread, Gorgu is his own person as well. Your conspiracies and coded fart messages are hardly anything to be proud of to be honest, so don't throw stones. If you haven't got anything useful to say other than, "Oh, I have bad flatulence", then don't bother posting. In fact, I don't even know why I'm defending myslef to you! Your last posts in this forum have been ridiculous and have hardly furthered debate.

On arrival at the Cape Town Airport, delegates from Nigeria were welcome immediately with an imposing visage of a well-planned city. Some quickly conjured a mental picture of Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory and immediately wrote it off as a non-starter, comparatively. Really, there are places in Abuja so colonized by demented residents who defecate anywhere in their neighbourhood with the cover of darkness, whereas Cape Town gives none of its residents the slightest chance to do such. There are places in Abuja where refuse sites have been a permanent feature. No place in Cape Town is a habour for refuse, no matter how congested. In general, the culture of maintenance reigns supreme in South Africa. Regrettably, that culture is not in the dictionary of planners and executors anywhere in Nigeria. The South Africans as could be observed, have trained themselves over the years on keeping with the driving code of their country. They religiously obey the speed limits even when there is no sign of police presence. Nigeria on its own tends a very nebulous traffic law, and that has made most drivers to develop the mind of a beast. If the Federal Road Safety Corps in Nigeria ever declared speed limits for the highways and the cities, only a few would obey that because the sense of obedience had been thrown to the dogs in the country, leaving all drivers to driving recklessly to their whims and caprices.

How reliable is this account Mo? I mean, it's hardly a surprise that things in S.A. run more smoothly than in Nigeria as S.A. is Africa's most developed nation, but this vision of Abuja sounds hellish. I have to say, I'm surprised that this comes from a Nigerian newspaper.

Am not defending my country on beautiful environment or saying it's better of than SA. Listen Mo Rush, every country has its negative side even the USA, we all know that. If you want to use this as a counter attack on us you just failed. I thought you were like a friend and now you are making me to see you as an enemy with bad intentions. Mo Rush or whatever they call you you re just a satan caught in the act--a living deceit. Thank you so much for the post.

Wether you are promoting SA from a stupid Nigerian junalist point of view I don't know. And SA is better than any European country doesn't make your point here more affirmative. Things like slum doesn't make me feel bad when people talk about it to me it only help me to realize I have a problem.

Rob, if we should talk about SA bad sides you going to find out that SA is far worse than Nigeria. You we see that it's a place of inequality and discrimination of God's own creations who will all die one day as it never existed after many years. Please, let's be real with life here not what you are bringing in here that will help the issue. I might look different from you but I also have brain bro.It's not going to help you , Mo Rush. It's not going to help!

SA is not in the bid why sweeting you gout to bring in issue that's not related to the topic at this time? Mo Rush, you have a very bad habit of deceit!

Rob, Nigeria is a third world country and people don't deficate on the streets like the foolish junalist wrote. From the other way he thought he was helping but on the other hand was doing the wrong thing but adding what is not true.

When you say friendliness with people i don't think SA can any where compared to Nigeria. Take a hype Mo Rush. Take a hype! We will get this hosting right n matter what you do MO!

NYCD,You know so well that you are not a caucasian why do you take a side as if you are a Scotish living Singapore? I know GEOGRAPHY maybe my English is also better than yours when people keep on bahing me on English. Learn to write to your color tune not discarding in some other beautiful color than yours...hahaha. That is an insult right?You insulted me first!

Archived