Glasgow Beat Abuja On Evaluation Report

GBModerator

I understand what he is saying and I feel something similar when I suggest that Cape Town should host the games in 2020...BUT...I would rather allow Cape Town to develop naturally and develop its infrastructure through e.g. the 2010 FIFA World Cup rather than force the games upon its people and city.

What the CWG committee is saying in its report is that it would love Abuja and Glasgow to host the games. But we need to understand that in Abuja's case they aren't convinced that Abuja is capable of hosting these games without some serious challenges. They haven't drafted this report to spite Africa or to spite Abuja, because quite frankly the world does not revolve around Abuja.

What they are saying is that there are major issues and if you are awarded the Games we will need to work closely with your city on many levels to address these challenges. The CWG technical evaluation committee know what they are talking about and have years and years of experience.

Glasgow was always going to have the better bid, the better infrastructure and the better technical result.

I also don't buy the story that the sports, most of which has very little support in Nigeria on any level, will somehow have a dramatic impact on Abuja because the legacy plans have been very slim. So the glamorous Abuja national stadium hosts the athletics event during the CWG ...and then what? it sits dormant like it has since the All Africa Games?

If Abuja loses the vote...try again and again and again..in 2018 Durban might bid..a city that would be ready and capable and a bonus is that its in Africa.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the text size am not used to adding correct font sizes.

Well, I quite agree with some your views but I beleive non of you understand Abuja and the stadium right. After the all African Games the stadium has been appionted as the official stadium of National team beside that it has being in use for so many activities since then, for musical concerts to hosting soccer matches.

Most of those bashing Abuja hosting right here are those who fabricate ways to make things seem as there were not.

From what everybody has said so far nothing has really been impressive than giving the right to host to Abuja. Evaluation in all would not solve it but vote that would be coming up in Sri lanka. And I hope the Lord God Almighty being on our side we wil come out victorious against the all strong Goliath Scotland.

Concluding it all, there are many Nations among the commonwealth which have better infrastrutures than Glascow yet didn't prove nothing. Wether Glascow like it or not if given the hosting right there are going to be more lapses than ever thought most especially in the area of security now that terrorism is triving hard in that area for attack, this might come out good time for them to carry out the nasty act--Europe is often their target. Not only that there's no need of beleiving in the commonwealth as fair and have a common goal for all member nation if Abuja is not taking seriously.

As a very young Nigeria, I wish to see this games hosted in Abuja--am not pleading but it's come to our right now. If the right is taken from Nigeria I will make a rally for Nigeria to boycot participation in the games.

Commonwealth should be fair enough to give the hosting right to Abuja!

Mo Rush, I beleive you didn't take time to read the bid evalution report if not you wouldn't say this I also don't buy the story that the sports, most of which has very little support in Nigeria on any level, will somehow have a dramatic impact on Abuja because the legacy plans have been very slim. No legacy is a pre-requisite for any nation trying to host the games.

I don't hate you nor your views are neither bad at all. Let's use our head here rather than our eyes--we don't have to see all the infrastrutures so glittering or more advanced but the reasonable strenght of unity on which commonwealth is built on. Even Scotland can help Nigeria with putting things right if they see the infrastrutures and others are not advanced enough to host CWGs--that's what I call commonwealth.Please, Mo Rush why not take a break for a while!

If the right is taken from Nigeria I will make a rally for Nigeria to boycot participation in the games.

Oh good, another myopic nationalist, just what we need. :rolleyes:

Nobody has a right to anything in the world of bidding for sports events James. That's not how things work. I can understand you being passionate about Nigeria hosting but saying that your nation should boycott a Glasgow games if Abuja loses is stupid and nobody here will take you seriously with views like that.

BTW, you don't need to enter a font size when you post. The forum automatically sets it to its default.

From what everybody has said so far nothing has really been impressive than giving the right to host to Abuja. Evaluation in all would not solve it but vote that would be coming up in Sri lanka. And I hope the Lord God Almighty being on our side we wil come out victorious against the all strong Goliath Scotland.

For crying out loud <_< Don't use God against Glasgow .... this isn't a bid for World Youth Day ...

Wether Glascow like it or not if given the hosting right there are going to be more lapses than ever thought most especially in the area of security now that terrorism is triving hard in that area for attack, this might come out good time for them to carry out the nasty act--Europe is often their target. Not only that there's no need of beleiving in the commonwealth as fair and have a common goal for all member nation if Abuja is not taking seriously.

Just is what is that suppose to mean ? Fancy you , using God one minute and the next you're hoping for a terrorist attack ? Are you even human?

NYCD; you are very childish! God is all they help for the helpless. And the truth most be told --terrism must be counted in Scotland

BTW, you don't need to enter a font size when you post. The forum automatically sets it to its default. Rob, thank you but it doesn't really mean we are pals

Sorry NYDC, for using the word terrorism but I didn't mean to. You should get it right here how much we need this games than Scotland. History is really on their side!

Mo Rush, I beleive you didn't take time to read the bid evalution report if not you wouldn't say this I also don't buy the story that the sports, most of which has very little support in Nigeria on any level, will somehow have a dramatic impact on Abuja because the legacy plans have been very slim. No legacy is a pre-requisite for any nation trying to host the games.

I don't hate you nor your views are neither bad at all. Let's use our head here rather than our eyes--we don't have to see all the infrastrutures so glittering or more advanced but the reasonable strenght of unity on which commonwealth is built on. Even Scotland can help Nigeria with putting things right if they see the infrastrutures and others are not advanced enough to host CWGs--that's what I call commonwealth.Please, Mo Rush why not take a break for a while!

1. If anybody has read the Abuja bid book and the CWG evaluation report thoroughly its probably me.

Sorry to say this, Mo Rush. I think you didn't take time to see to the rules that govern the games. Am not talking about Abuja evalution report!

Rob, I don't think there's need for enlightenment here. The word is clear enough. In other word am not a member of the enlightenment commitee.

NYCD; you are very childish! God is all they help for the helpless. And the truth most be told --terrism must be counted in Scotland

Nigeria isn't safe either , need I mention all the kidnappings in the Niger Delta ? Helpless ? How fake that can be , what you did with all the money from the 419 e-mail scams?

Scotland doesn't have a corrupt political system . Scotland doesn't have a confict either . And while you're yakking your rubbish ever thought typing everything in ONE post ?

419 e-mail scam...hahaha. I just like to laugh at you NYDC. You lack brain and now I know not all white are that intelligent as thought. Oops!

Who's JJ? I don't even know who you're talking about!

Let's get back to buisness guys it Commonwealth not common-weep. Take it easy we are still very young NYDC.

Sorry to say this, Mo Rush. I think you didn't take time to see to the rules that govern the games. Am not talking about Abuja evalution report!

as before. if you wanna talk games venues, facilities and finer details of the CWG, please do, i dont claim to know everything but i think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Archived