Sign in to follow this  
thatsnotmypuppy

Bid Library - Now Open!

What about Cape Town?

The bid book used to be on line back during Cape Town's bid.

We haven't been able so far to retrieve them. If someone has them under pdf, it would save us the process of having to scan them.

Hiya Mo -

I reckon between yourself and what can be found in the archives on various online sites there is a fair bit of info about the Cape Town bid readily available. As far as I am concerned I am interested in the lesser known bids first - thus San Juan and then St Petersburg are my priorities. After that Cape Town, Rome and Seville. I hope to have all 2004 bid books up by the end of 2009 - it is a ridiculously time consuming job - but it will get done :)

I need to rescan San Juan 2004 volume 3 - so when I head back to Sydney to do that I will aim to do S.P and C.T at the same time. That should be February or so. Have faith - the Bid Library is going to almost double in size next year if all goes to plan...

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

OK - the first two volumes (including the venue plans) for Athens 1996 have been posted by Jeremie now. I'll have San Juan volume 2 up later today as well as a Cape Town venue brochure as supplied by Mo and possibly a few other bits and pieces. Enjoy.

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

OK - so volume 2 of San Juan 2004 is online as well as a few chapters of volume 3. Book one and two of the Athens 1996 bid book is online and finally I have posted the 100 page Istanbul 2000 executive summary.

Merry christmas/hannukah/kwanzaa from the Bid Library!

Shalom!

I've spent a few days re-arranging the site and I have added a few new things - on the 2008 applicant files page I have added Seville 2008 and also on the Olympic Bid Files page I have added the 60+ page executive summary of the Birmingham 1992 bid - which is a pretty cool thing.

A lot of the larger bid books have also been condensed into single columes instead of the unweildy 20 volume messes they were. So I will upload some other odds and ends shortly.

OK - we've added the Rome 2004 executive summary. We have also added the Cape Town venue plans which were passed along by Mo - so check them out - they are on the Olympic Bid Files page. Oh and Mo - I hope you like the new picture on the front page!!

thanks for the pic!

You're different to all the other colonialists on these forums who are out to get Abuja and Africa!

Hi, welcome aboard.

We have both Sofia 92 and 94 bid books and we will eventually post them but I have no idea about the deadline yet.

hey guys, have you got the Albertville 92 bid book? thanks in ahead!

Yes we do. Albertville is now on the bid books to scan list.

tnmp and cfmjeremie,

is there any chance for the bid books of Sydney2000 and Berlin2000?

I would like to see how much the proposed venues changed to the real one in Sydney - and of course as a German I am interested in the failed bid of Berlin.

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

tnmp and cfmjeremie,

is there any chance for the bid books of Sydney2000 and Berlin2000?

I would like to see how much the proposed venues changed to the real one in Sydney - and of course as a German I am interested in the failed bid of Berlin.

I think Troy is working on Sydney.

I will try to do Berlin when I am done with Manchester (give it a few weeks though).

I should have Sydney finished in the next two weeks or so. I've just uploaded book one and two of the Manchester 2000 bid book and six chapters of the Athens 2004 books (thanks J!). I will try to complete the Athens set and also get St Petersburg 2004 up soon.

I should have Sydney finished in the next two weeks or so. I've just uploaded book one and two of the Manchester 2000 bid book and six chapters of the Athens 2004 books (thanks J!).

Manchester book 2 is not quite complete yet but should be soon...