Bid Library - Now Open!

Jeremie and I have some contacts who are hopefully going to be able to locate an electronic copy of the Cape Town bid books - they were originally available on their website way back in 1997. If not I can start in on scanning on my physical copy. Leave it with us - it is on the list!!

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know where else to stick this...because the Beijing 2008 folder is locked. Got word from my IOC inside sources that BOCOG will finally present their OR the end of this month at the earliest.

Here's you London 2012 Bid Book. http://web.archive.org/web/20060413195547/http://www.london2012.com/en/news/publications/Candidatefile/ And here's your Sochi 2014 Bid Book. You're welcome. http:/

I got the digital copy direct from my actual bid books and CD. If you nag me enough, I might upload them somewhere.

Jeremie and I have some contacts who are hopefully going to be able to locate an electronic copy of the Cape Town bid books - they were originally available on their website way back in 1997. If not I can start in on scanning on my physical copy. Leave it with us - it is on the list!!

Part of me felt that Cape Town was a sentinment finalist...but thats until I saw the bid book they pulled off...the quality even surprised the biased Capetonian.

Part of me felt that Cape Town was a sentinment finalist...but thats until I saw the bid book they pulled off...the quality even surprised the biased Capetonian.

Technically speaking, the five 2004 finalist cities were indeed quite sounded.

I want to see the Tokyo 1940 and 1944 plans.

Actually, didn't Puppy post the Tokyo 1940 report or something like that a year or so ago?

Oops _ update to that, I just found the link puppy posted, but it isn't active anymore.

Edited by Sir Roltel
Actually, didn't Puppy post the Tokyo 1940 report or something like that a year or so ago?

Oops _ update to that, I just found the link puppy posted, but it isn't active anymore.

The Tokyo 1940 report is available on the LA 84 foundation site.

• 1 month later...
The Tokyo 1940 report is available on the LA 84 foundation site.

Any news on the 2004 Rome Olympic bid-book?

• 2 months later...

The Melbourne 1996 bid book is almost impossible to scan. The page size is kind of between A3 (?) and A4 thus we'd have to crop tons of stuff and it would look like a mess. I have thought of uploading a few Melb 1996 newsletters and brochures. Frankly I have been absolutely flat out and work - so has Jeremie. That plus both of us heading to Beijing means the Bid Library has been a bit neglected.

I do believe we should have a Manchester bid book set up soon and I'm still trying to get the OK to post Cape Town 2004. I thought I'd try going through official channels to get a copy or the OK to post my own (the SAfricans have been very happy to slap lawsuits on a ton of unofficial WC2010 sites - so I dont want to push my luck) but its taking forever to get the OK... so patience...

There is stuff coming soon!

• 3 months later...

OK - a few updates have been posted. We've added the 2012 YOG winter stuff - and will post the Harbin and Kuopio books soon. We have them now - but have been asked to hold off on them. We've posted the 2015 World Expo bid books from Izmir and Milano and most excitedly - the bid submission from Oslo for the 1968 Winter Games.

Coming up next is the Athens 1996 Bid Books - slowly but surely they'll be posted soon.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not replying sooner. I also have the Milano books and will get around to them at some point. I can tell you I am a third of the way through scanning the Sydney 2000 books and hope to have them up by late December. After that I am working on Sevilla 2004 and Buenos Aires 2004. Jeremie is working on Athens 1996 - so there are some updates coming soon. I will also prioritise Rome 2004.

I have the holographic bid book for Vulcan 2020. How can we put it in the Bid Library?

j/k of course. But I have about 6 pages of newspaper clippings from the 70s (the LA-Montreal-Moscow era and those races) that were really yellowing w/ age, so I pasted them on paper and have now scanned them on pdf. No drawings, but still interesting history. Can we put them on there?

Edited by baron-pierreIV
I have the holographic bid book for Vulcan 2020. How can we put it in the Bid Library?

j/k of course. But I have about 6 pages of newspaper clippings from the 70s (the LA-Montreal-Moscow era and those races) that were really yellowing w/ age, so I pasted them on paper and have now scanned them on pdf. No drawings, but still interesting history. Can we put them on there?

Vulcan is a planet! It would be one of their cities that would bid. How would one compensate for the harsh environmental conditions? All events held indoors? Underground? And what about the Vulcans' natural enhanced strength and physicality as opposed to most humanoids? Will androids be barred from competing? :P

Sorry for not replying sooner. I also have the Milano books and will get around to them at some point. I can tell you I am a third of the way through scanning the Sydney 2000 books and hope to have them up by late December. After that I am working on Sevilla 2004 and Buenos Aires 2004. Jeremie is working on Athens 1996 - so there are some updates coming soon. I will also prioritise Rome 2004.

No problem. I figure out these technicalities. :)

• 3 weeks later...

A few updates - the Beijing 200 bid summary is online now as well as the Kuopio and Harbin 2012 Youth Olympic Games candidate reports. I also hope to have San Juan 2004 up by the end of the week - with St Petersburg 2004 and Sydney 2000 in the next few weeks.

Good times! I have found a source for 10 of the 11 2004 bid books (yes Rei - including Roma) so bit by bit we should have the complete set online within the next year or so.

Good times! I have found a source for 10 of the 11 2004 bid books (yes Rei - including Roma) so bit by bit we should have the complete set online within the next year or so.

Actually, before I found this site in, I think in mid-2004, I just sold 2 boxes of bidding material I had beginning with class of '92 -- the big Barcelona-Paris showdown. I had a nearly complete set of material from the 2004 candidates since I was able to get to all the hospitality suites of the early '04 runners at the Marriott in Atlanta. (Those weren't the bid books but still nice, big glossy brochures.) I sold them on eBay to a guy from Chicago. I wonder if he's now connected with the 2016 bid?

Volume One of the San Juan books is online now - Volume Two with all their venue plans should be up tomorrow night. Volume Three will be a while away as half the scans I made turned out black - so no good. I'll have a few more up in January/February including hopefully Sydney.