Sign in to follow this  
thatsnotmypuppy

Bid Library - Now Open!

You are wrong! You pay for "advance search", where most info that can not be gotten on the free portals.

Hmm excuse me, but the Google "advanced search" function is free.

Anyway, you have claimed that you could get some better information, we are still waiting for a link.

We have just added the Responses of the 2008 Candidate Cities to the IOC Evaluation Commission Report on the Bid Library (it's under IOC Evaluation Reports).

I don't really like the structure of the bid library page. It looks too much like a kindergarten reader. It's not beautifully looking. I can use Hypertext mark-up Language to make it look better. I beleive me this time.

I don't really like the structure of the bid library page. It looks too much like a kindergarten reader. It's not beautifully looking. I can use Hypertext mark-up Language to make it look better. I beleive me this time.

Thank you once again James for your positive and constructive comments...

I do agree that The Bid Library could be more beautiful but I also do believe that content is way more important and that the way the web site is organised makes it easy to find information.

At least it better the Abuja bid website where things overlepse each other.

Sorry for the slackness of late. I have added a few items - the LA 2016 USOC Bid Book, all the 2010 Youth Olympic documents available thus far and the FIFA 2010 World Cup evaluation report.

lg1994a1.jpg

Most excitedly though for the first time ever the Anchorage 1994 complete Venue Plan is now available! This is the complete file - book 2 of the Bid Book set. The only time any excerpts have been available has been when I have posted them here myself. I have scaned them in colour and converted them to PDF - so enjoy!

Anchorage 1994

I have thought of making the site a bit more... aesthetically pleasing - but at the end of the day it is a repository of downloadable information - not a news site so I don't see the point. I have toyed with changing the menu to a side bar - howevr it is categorised by year at the top. Its not rocket scence - but hey - you arent paying for it and it makes life a little easier for those Olympic nuts like us!! :)

awesome site...thanks so much :-)

Also, I have a quick ? for TNMP....whatever happened to that page you had with all the music from the various Games on it? (it kind of looked like the bid book website, and I think it was you who had made it)...I remember there being the Olympic Anthem version from Albertville on there...do you still have this, and anyway of getting it to me?

thanks again

Bid Library recent updates: Quebec 2002 bid books (as posted by Troy in a specific thread) and the Candidate Cities responses to the 2012 Evaluation Commission report (under IOC Evaluation Report).

Enjoy!

Bid Library recent updates: Quebec 2002 bid books (as posted by Troy in a specific thread) and the Candidate Cities responses to the 2012 Evaluation Commission report (under IOC Evaluation Report).

Enjoy!

Quebec City's bid sure does suc.

Busy week gang!

We've just posted Volume Two of the Jaca 2002 bid book - so all the venue plans that the 2010 and 2014 plans were based on are now online. We've also added the 2004 IOC evaluation report (so read up on the San Juan, St Petersburg and Seville bids - as well as the original 2004 Rio bid) and a news update from the ill fated Berne 2010 bid.

There are a few big additions coming up in the next 2-3 months as well. Keep checking back.

Quebec City's bid sure does suc.

And how exactly did Quebec City's bid suck? sure, it's Alpine events plan was a little far fetched (The use of a downhill ramp and temporary finishing area on the river), but surely it reasonable, doable and had they won, they would have indeed hosted a successful Winter Olympics.

sure, it's Alpine events plan was a little far fetched (The use of a downhill ramp and temporary finishing area on the river)

I feel it's important to stress that Quebec plan was endorsed by the FIS (International Skiing Federation) as was clearly stated by FIS during Budapest Session.

I feel it's important to stress that Quebec plan was endorsed by the FIS (International Skiing Federation) as was clearly stated by FIS during Budapest Session.

Well it obviously would have had to be so, or it wouldn't have been considered for candidature.

Well it obviously would have had to be so, or it wouldn't have been considered for candidature.

There is nothing obvious in that given that the plan had still not be approved by the time the Evaluation Commission visited Quebec...

Busy week gang!

We've just posted Volume Two of the Jaca 2002 bid book - so all the venue plans that the 2010 and 2014 plans were based on are now online. We've also added the 2004 IOC evaluation report (so read up on the San Juan, St Petersburg and Seville bids - as well as the original 2004 Rio bid) and a news update from the ill fated Berne 2010 bid.

There are a few big additions coming up in the next 2-3 months as well. Keep checking back.

is it just me or is 2004 the toughest to get info about. its like one big secret

is it just me or is 2004 the toughest to get info about. its like one big secret

Yeah - it's all a bit hush hush. I do have a whole bunch of info I'll try to put together and post - and the Bid Library did manage to get the Lille bid books and are working hard on the full Cape Town set. I'll start scanning the Buenos Aires set soon.

Yeah - it's all a bit hush hush. I do have a whole bunch of info I'll try to put together and post - and the Bid Library did manage to get the Lille bid books and are working hard on the full Cape Town set. I'll start scanning the Buenos Aires set soon.

Cape Town's full bid book is the library at my university. It can't be removed from the library, and the costs of scanning would also be quite high.