07/08 Uefa Champions League

Rei

A magnificent game at Anfield tonight, one of the best I've seen in a long, long time. Wenger's excuse is ready-made for him: it wasn't a penalty. It is a foul but, for me, the initial offence takes place outside the penalty area. It's a real shame that a game of such high quality and entertainment should be settled by that one moment.

sh!t happens, in the end the bad calls usually balance out.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Arsenal. I really enjoy their play and hoped they could have passed but _Liverpool has so much experience in Europe.. referees did the rest..

Anyway great match. One of those make you appeace with footbal.

So first semi Chelsea-Liverpool.

the other one to be decided tonight among these (quite predictable though).

Barcelona-Schalke

Manchester Utd-Roma

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong - I'm pleased an English club is going to win it. I'd rather one of ours won it than anyone else. But if it was a choice between that and success for the national team, the national team wins out every single time.

Frankly I'd much rather England won a corner at Euro 2008 than any English club win the Champions League.

What difference does it make?

I'm just more bothered about the fortunes of the England team than I am about English clubs in Europe. It's nice when the English clubs win but I'm never that bothered when they lose. England, however, is a very different matter.

What a great match last night. Two teams who know how to play the game properly both giving a masterclass in fast passing football. That match would have easily been worthy of the final.

Hoping for a Liverpool victory tonight. That would be an intense final and one that the losing team's fans will never be allowed to forget.

Liverpool or Chelsea, I see Manchester winning this Champions.

Even Gerrad was a testimony to Chelsea powerful performance. Manchester is descinplined at this time and that might not likely give them the winning.

I still think Chelsea is up to something in the championship. I can bet on that, though, a little disturbance from Didier Drogba who is the unusual complainant most of the time.

What a great match last night. Two teams who know how to play the game properly both giving a masterclass in fast passing football. That match would have easily been worthy of the final.

Hoping for a Liverpool victory tonight. That would be an intense final and one that the losing team's fans will never be allowed to forget.

The logistical nightmare of all time if Liverpool play Manchester United in the final.

Archived