07/08 Uefa Champions League

Rei

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the final, Chelsea 3 and Liverpool 2. Didier Drogba scored 2 goals witth his complain every time.

As much as I dislike Chelsea, you have to be happy for Lampard after the death of his mother last week.

I hope this final lives up to its billing though; if it's anything like last year's FA Cup final between these teams it will be a terrible advertisment for English football on the biggest stage possible. Hopefully United will turn on the style.

As much as I dislike Chelsea, you have to be happy for Lampard after the death of his mother last week.

I hope this final lives up to its billing though; if it's anything like last year's FA Cup final between these teams it will be a terrible advertisment for English football on the biggest stage possible. Hopefully United will turn on the style.

Let's hope so. What if it doesn't turn out on the favour of Man U?

If Chelsea win we'll never hear the end of it.

I think one could say exactly the same for Manchester, Rob. I saw a Sky News live feed of some Man Utd fans wearing "League Champions 07/08", at best that is wishful thinking. I think the rivalry in England is such that any team will brag.

I dislike Wayne Rooney and hate Christiano Ronaldo and Chelsea has Michael Ballack, Didier Drogba, and Michael Essien, this is going to be so hard to pick which team I want to win, so very hard.

I mean Chelsea has players I dislike too (Cech and Carvalho) but my dislike of them is no where near my dislike of Rooney and Ronaldo.

I feel bad for Riise though, the own goal giving Chelsea life and the reason they went through (if you consider the games independent of each other, but of course you can't but for arguments sack).

Much maligned as he has been in recent times, to have the bottle to step up and take such a crucial penalty after the week he'd had was testament to his character.

But, I really don't care who wins the final. I'll probably watch it but I can't pretend to share in this apparent mood of wild celebration about it.

Only in the world of Sky Sports does that exist! I think most neutrals are proud to see two English teams in the final and may take more interest in it because of that. But wild celebration? Not what I've seen!

I saw the Mirror yesterday, which proclaimed the final would be THE greatest night in the history of English football. Talk about insulting one's intelligence.

This is only the 3rd time the game has been held between team's from the same nation.

But I agree, one night in 1966 when a certain controversial victory was had.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived