Schalke - Porto 1-0

Roma - Real Madrid 2-1

Olympiacos - Chelsea 0-0

Liverpool - Inter 2-0

Celtic - Barcelona 2-3

Lyon - Man. United 1-1

Fenerbahçe - Sevilla 3-2

Arsenal - Milan 0-0

As usual, a boring Inter crashed and a practical Milan controlled. I'm particulary glad for Roma (except for its captain). Hope they could resist in Bernabeu.

I don't think Inter necessarily set out to play in a defensive or negative fashion. I think they were forced onto the back foot by Liverpool's high tempo play, right from the first whistle. After the sending off of Materazzi, of course they were going to hold on and get what they could. What else would one expect?

Yes, also, but you have to admit that it's not the first time that Inter risks to fall in CL in that manner.

Despite unlucky circumstances, I think that What they mostly failed is the mentality. From their executives to the players and those crap manager. It's not a case that despite owning some of the best players on the market it didn't reach a semi since 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...
You reckon Arsenal will win at the San Siro. Brave prediction!

But a remarkably good one!! :)

Wow, the Fenerbahçe vs. Sevilla was really intense. It went to penalty shoot outs and Fenerbahçe won that round three to two. B)

Ha, I almost got it! I predicted Arsenal to go through but didn't imagine with such score.. congrats. I like the way they're playing and I'm glad to see londinians going ahead as I would like to see Roma passing over Real tonight.. Forza Roma!

Tonight:

Porto - Schalke

Real Madrid - Roma

Chelsea - Olympiacos

Porto 1-4 (P) Schalke

Real Madrid 1-2 Roma

Chelsea 3-0 Olympiacos

Grande Roma!

So the two most winning teams ever beaten at home by emerging Arsenal and Roma and England is the most rapresentative with already three teams qualified to quarters and a fourth likely to join them.. it's getting interesting..

..and that's it!

Arsenal, Fenerbahce, Barcelona, Man. United, Roma, Chelsea, Schalke and Liverpool* to the quarters.

*After yesterday's lost, Inter's manager Mancini would intend to leave(at last!).. first names coming up as his possible successor are Mijahovic and Mourinho.

I'm not saying that's the most likely final (I think someone v Barcalona is probably most likely) but it would be great to see two English teams it. And since I hate both Chelsea and Arsenal (for different reasons) and have nothing against Liverpool or Man Utd, the two teams from the North West would be my ideal final.

I'm not saying that's the most likely final (I think someone v Barcalona is probably most likely) but it would be great to see two English teams it. And since I hate both Chelsea and Arsenal (for different reasons) and have nothing against Liverpool or Man Utd, the two teams from the North West would be my ideal final.

I'd love to see an all-English final but, despite all the smugness about four English teams in the last eight, I just don't see it happening. Let's not forget that we had three teams in the semi-finals last season and none of them could win it. I reckon Liverpool will edge out Arsenal, but Chelsea will get some revenge in the semi. Manchester United should get past Roma and two legs against Barca would be epic, but I think the Catalans would have too much for them.

But, if it is two English sides in the final, isn't it lunacy to make them traipse to Moscow?

Archived