Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatsnotmypuppy

Osaka 2007

7032 is the moral World Record. I heard people said that and not only Swedes! Many many people thinks that Kersee was on drugs! WR is little bit too good against the other results in Heptathlon. So don´t blame me for that!

Show the proof - links, WADA results etc. Otherwise stop being a tool.

7032 is the moral World Record. I heard people said that and not only Swedes! Many many people thinks that Kersee was on drugs! WR is little bit too good against the other results in Heptathlon. So don´t blame me for that!

You're still biassed as hell. Why don't you ask whether "Carro's" European record and all the other achievements could be the result of doping? There's as little proof for that allegation as for the allegations you make towards Jackie Joyner-Kersee. So celebrate Kluft's gold medal, but -- for heaven's sake -- stop throwing poop.

From a article the Norweigan tabloid Aftenposten(about Klüft´s haunting of the ER): "Verdensrekorden til Jackie Joyner-Kersee på 7291 vil imidlertid overleve. Så kan man tro hva man vil om måten den ble satt på." That´s mean: The World Record to Jackie Joyner-Kersee at 7291 will survive. But you can think what you want about the way that was taken at!

In other words: the reporter is very sceptical about the way that Kersee take the WR! This is NOT the first time I have heard this! But no I not have real evidence and that´s because the doping-tests in that time was not good. I really think that old WR:s( I mostly think about DRR) should been deleted!

You're still biassed as hell. Why don't you ask whether "Carro's" European record and all the other achievements could be the result of doping? There's as little proof for that allegation as for the allegations you make towards Jackie Joyner-Kersee. So celebrate Kluft's gold medal, but -- for heaven's sake -- stop throwing poop.

Carros record is not so much better than other results. The WR are little bit too good too be true!

While we know that there were doping programmes, I think it's difficult to make such a sweeping generalisation as that. And to pick on individual athletes, with only a sole journalist's view for evidence, doesn't really do you many favours.

Let it rest, Pillan.

I'm one of the few other members here with Swedish connections _ I'm proud of my Swedish heritage and love the country. But even I find some of your chauvinism regarding anybody that bids for a games against Sweden or any athlete who has bettered a Swedish performance a tad over-the-top. It's natural we're proud of our home countries, but taking it too far does not reflect well on any nation.

From a article the Norweigan tabloid Aftenposten(about Klüft´s haunting of the ER): "Verdensrekorden til Jackie Joyner-Kersee på 7291 vil imidlertid overleve. Så kan man tro hva man vil om måten den ble satt på." That´s mean: The World Record to Jackie Joyner-Kersee at 7291 will survive. But you can think what you want about the way that was taken at!

In other words: the reporter is very sceptical about the way that Kersee take the WR! This is NOT the first time I have heard this! But no I not have real evidence and that´s because the doping-tests in that time was not good. I really think that old WR:s( I mostly think about DRR) should been deleted!

One of the dumber posts on GamesBids.

ATHLETICS-WORLD___k_597485g.jpg

This is the Queen of swedish athletics!

2000: GOLD Junior-World Championships

2001: GOLD Junior-European Championships

2002: GOLD Junior-World Championships

2002: GOLD European Championships

2003: GOLD Indoor-World Championshpis

2003: GOLD World Championships

2004: GOLD Olympic Games

2005: GOLD Indoor-European Championships

2005: GOLD World Championships

2006: GOLD European Championships

2007: GOLD Indoor-European Championships

2007: GOLD World Championships

European Record: 7032 points

World Junior Record: 6542 points

SHE`S ONLY 24 YEARS OLD!

One of the dumber posts on GamesBids.

You may must accepted that some people are sceptical against Kersee´s record! Some people in Sweden and Norway are waiting for a positive doping-test from Tyson Gay( after his winning in WCH)! They have not high thoughts about American sportmen and sportwomen.

From Sweden: One person( I don´t know who) asked why Klüft record calls EUROPEAN record. He/she thought that a European record could only be broken IN EUROPE. He thinks if she broke a record in Asia it should be named Asia Record. He thinks that everyone should broken a record in Europe no matter where they comes from. If Tyson Gay broken a record in Sweden it would be new EUROPEAN and SWEDISH RECORDS!! HA HA HA HA! That was a STUPID and FUNNY! I still laughing! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You may must accepted that some people are sceptical against Kersee´s record! Some people in Sweden and Norway are waiting for a positive doping-test from Tyson Gay( after his winning in WCH)! They have not high thoughts about American sportmen and sportwomen.

Tyson Gay, like Jackie Joyner-Kersee, has never had a positive test. You really just need to drop it; you have NO proof supporting any of your wild allegations. Just because some idiot in one of your local newspapers made a similarly baseless claim, that does not make the garbage that you say any more credible.

What about Sweden's Ludmila Engquist, the 1996 100m hurdle champion who twice testing positive for doping? What about the Swedish wrestler Tomas Johansson? Just because they tested positive, does that make it OK for me to accuse every successful Swede, including your beloved Carolyn Kluft, of doping? Of course not!

Carolyn Kluft is a great champion. Celebrate her accomplishment instead of tearing down others.

ATHLETICS-WORLD___k_597485g.jpg

This is the Queen of swedish athletics!

2000: GOLD Junior-World Championships

2001: GOLD Junior-European Championships

2002: GOLD Junior-World Championships

2002: GOLD European Championships

2003: GOLD Indoor-World Championshpis

2003: GOLD World Championships

2004: GOLD Olympic Games

2005: GOLD Indoor-European Championships

2005: GOLD World Championships

2006: GOLD European Championships

2007: GOLD Indoor-European Championships

2007: GOLD World Championships

European Record: 7032 points

World Junior Record: 6542 points

SHE`S ONLY 24 YEARS OLD!

I don't believe anyone tried to diminished her accomplishment. Its no secret that she dominates women's heptathlon, and honestly her performance at Osaka does show it. Now, I do have a problem whit the way you attack not only Jackie Joyner-Kersee but Americans athletes as a whole. I do agree that her performances are a bit "out-of-this-world-ish", but I am far from convinced that she ever used drugs. I don't care what an obscure tabloid says, but for me its innocent until proven guilty. And what is it whit you assuming that every Americans are drooped, anyway?

Joyner holds times in the 100m and 200m that are in the top 50 every raced, she also holds multiple top jumps in long jump, this is why her results are so high, because in 3 events she could achieve results that gave her 100's of points more than competitors.

Sweden's Dirty Laundry

Nicklas Axelsson - Cycling - EPO

Ludmila Engquist - Athletics - Steroids

Ludmila Engquist - Bobsleigh - Steroids

Linda Haglung - Athletics- Anabolic steroids

Hans-Gunnar Liljenwall - Modern pentathlon - Alcohol (WTF)

Patrik Lofgren - Athletics - Cocaine

Lars Sundin - Athletics - Testosterone

Goran Svensson - Athletics - Testosterone

Quiet the history of doping in Swedish athletics.

Medal tally, after Day 2.

1. USA -> 2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze

2. (tie) Ecuador -> 1 gold

2. (tie) Ethiopia -> 1 gold

2. (tie) Kenya -> 1 gold

2. (tie) New Zealand -> 1 gold

2. (tie) Sweden -> 1 gold

7. Belarus -> 1 silver, 1 bronze

8. (tie) Bahamas -> 1 silver

8. (tie) Qatar -> 1 silver

8. (tie) Spain -> 1 silver

8. (tie) Turkey -> 1 silver

8. (tie) Ukraine -> 1 silver

13. (tie) Germany -> 1 bronze

13. (tie) Great Britain -> 1 bronze

13. (tie) Jamaica -> 1 bronze

13. (tie) Switzerland -> 1 bronze

13. (tie) Tunisia -> 1 bronze

Great to see that New Zealand are so high up on the medal table lol

40683_W400XH600.jpg

awww I love this picture

Yea its a fantastic photo

Great to see that New Zealand are so high up on the medal table lol

Are there other NZ athletes that could medal in these world championships? Call me ignorant here, but it does seem that the Canadian media doesn't see this event as "newsworthy" to some degree. That is why it seems I can only get "tape-delayed" 2-hour episodes at best on certain days.

Just a few more words about the 20 km race-walking: I watched the end of the race live last night (it took place at about 2 a.m. CET) and thought, "This has to be rated PG because of all those horror effects." That was really a bad sight to see at that late hour. I've never seen a race after which so many athletes collapsed like being shot dead or suffering an epileptic seizure. The German TV commentators didn't even notice Jefferson Pérez' blackout -- because at the same time, Germany's André Höhne staggered into the stadium and collapsed just 200 metres away from the finish line. He was so exhausted that he believed to have already reached the line!

After Höhne had been treated for heat stroke in the hospital, he critised the bad organisation of the race. After kilometre 17, there was no sponging station anymore so that the athletes couldn't refresh themselves once more in the scorching heat. And then Höhne was misled by a race official in front of the stadium and had to run an additional 100 metres. Höhne had been within reach of a medal until shortly before the race's end, then he ranked at least 4th until he entered the stadium and collapsed shortly after -- and now he's listed as "Did not finish" in the results list. Sports can be so brutal...

Where have all the German track and field athletes gone???

Could all of our great success of the 70s to early 90s been due to steroids??

Please say it aint so!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I enjoy and celebrate Carolina Kluft's brilliant other galaxy-ish accomplishments like many other here. She, like Joyner-Kersee before her, is a world class long jumper too and certainly has the goods to be a legendary Olympian at still such a young age, which makes it scary while also being an attractive young woman. In fact I'd like to think she's picking up where JJK left off, with all due respect to Ghada Shouaa and Denise Lewis. As someone who happens to hail directly from across the Mississippi River from JJK's hometown of East St. Louis, I take particular offense toward what was said by dragging her into the mud like that. So calm down! Jackie Joyner-Kersee is still an Olympic legend and clean all throughout her career, thank you! NOT every American athlete is doped up. Since no evidence of JJK's doping exists at all, and yes, she spoke about the dangers of it when it was starting to be in the public consciuoness, it can comes across as slander as you slam her. JJK has represented our metro area very well and still does, Pillan! :angry: Plus she has asthma, and how will steroids going to help with that?! I'm sure her husband the credible Bob Kersee knows very well about the athletes he coached like Gail Deevers, who I know also didn't take drugs.

Celebrate Caroline's feat, yes, but not at the expense of Joyner-Kersee's.

I recall the 2001 East Asian Games held in Osaka has serious issues with tickets and attendance too because of the apathy from Osaka's residents. And that killed any aspiration Osaka had to host the 2008 Olympics.

I recall the 2001 East Asian Games held in Osaka has serious issues with tickets and attendance too because of the apathy from Osaka's residents. And that killed any aspiration Osaka had to host the 2008 Olympics.

No it didn't - the inability by the IOC evaluation committee to distinguish between core Olympic construction and non core Olympic construction, aided by the white wash Beijing got (who were obviously going to win bart Tiananmen Square Part 2) - cost Osaka a realistic chance at the 2008 Games.

Those of us here who have moved in Olympic circles are all too aware of the IOC's brutal handling of the Japanese bidders back in 2001. The East Asian Games didn't help - however Beijing also had very few major events with huge spectator turn outs either.

Are there other NZ athletes that could medal in these world championships? Call me ignorant here, but it does seem that the Canadian media doesn't see this event as "newsworthy" to some degree. That is why it seems I can only get "tape-delayed" 2-hour episodes at best on certain days.

umm well Kimberley Smith came 5th in the 10,000m, that was pretty unexpected but all together a great result. A part from that the only real medal chance I guess would be Nick Willis in the 1500m.

yea i would agree with you. I think our only other medal chance would be nick willis in the 1500m. He needs to make the final though which is not guaranteed. It would be magical if willis could medal! Fingers crossed

By the way: In my medal prediction for the German team, I forgot high jumper Eike Onnen. He's ranked third in this year's top list and easily qualified this morning for the final on Wednesday.

Nevertheless, I maintain my prediction of six medals for the German team -- 2 gold, no silver and four bronze.

The first medal for the German team (bronze) was won yesterday by shot putter Nadine Kleinert, the silver medal winner of Sevilla 1999, Edmonton 2001 and Athens 2004. Originally favoured Petra Lammert finished 5th.

Joyner holds times in the 100m and 200m that are in the top 50 every raced, she also holds multiple top jumps in long jump, this is why her results are so high, because in 3 events she could achieve results that gave her 100's of points more than competitors.

Sweden's Dirty Laundry

Nicklas Axelsson - Cycling - EPO

Ludmila Engquist - Athletics - Steroids

Ludmila Engquist - Bobsleigh - Steroids

Linda Haglung - Athletics- Anabolic steroids

Hans-Gunnar Liljenwall - Modern pentathlon - Alcohol (WTF)

Patrik Lofgren - Athletics - Cocaine

Lars Sundin - Athletics - Testosterone

Goran Svensson - Athletics - Testosterone

Quiet the history of doping in Swedish athletics.

Nice try! But the American doping list is so much longer! Ludmila Engquist was a RUSSIAN when she tested positive for drugs in Athletics. She was not a SWEDE! Partik Lövgren?????? He was on a party when he took cocain. He didn´t take it because he wanted to be better in Athletics! He was also only a reserv to a replay-team and he should problably not have compete in athetics! If you are so angry at my comments about Kersee you should NOT come with stupid comments yourself!