Osaka 2007

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Women's 400m

1. Christine Ohuruogu (Great Britain) -> 49.61 sec (PB)

2. Nicola Sanders (Great Britain) -> 49.65 sec (PB)

3. Novlene Williams (Jamaica) -> 49.66 sec (SB)

Incredible result. I thought one of the British girls might win a medal, but I didn't think we'd get two medals, let alone gold and silver. The problem a lot of British athletes have had in the recent past is that they have produced the one eye-catching performance but haven't backed it up consistently. Sanders performed outstandingly well in the indoor season, produced a big lifetime best in the semi-final and then went quicker again in the final.

As for Ohuruogu, I think we all knew the potential was there from the moment she won the Commonwealth title last year in Melbourne. I think it is inevitable that some will see her victory as tainted after all the issues surrounding missed drug tests and the suspension she has had. Indeed, I read a column in the Daily Mirror this morning suggesting it was hypocritical to portray Ohuruogu as some kind of victim while sneering at other athletes from other countries. I don't seek to do that. Other nations have had athletes complete bans and come back after a few weeks straight into a major championship. This is no different. She had her chance and grabbed it with both hands.

LOOK!!!!!!! OH YES LOOK AT THE PICTURE OF PERRY AND KALLUR!!!!!!! DID I NEED SAY MORE??????? I´M MAAAAAD! PERRY SUCKS AND THE OFFICIALS IN OSAKA SUCKS! THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

You can still pictures to show whatever you like. The key issue is whether Perry ran outside of her lane for a sustained period of time. I think it has to be several strides. Besides which, I would have expected the Swedish team to lodge a protest if they weren't happy, so they can't be that bothered.

THE FAIR RESULTS:

Women's 100m Hurdles

1. Perdita Felicien (Canada) -> 12.49 sec (SB)

2. Delloreen Ennis-London (Jamaica) -> 12.50 sec (PB)

3. Susanna Kallur (Sweden) -> 12.51 sec (PB)

God no, I think I would kill someone if they disqualify Perry. The last thing Canada needs is Felicien to be the defending world champion in Beijing... :lol:

Honestly, thought, don't expect anything to change. Sports are brutal, point. I saw the race and the only time I saw Perry in Kallur's lane was right after she crossed the line (if I remember correctly, Kallur actually tripped off Perry). And even if Perry totaly screwd up Kallur, well, its that. The results are now official and it would take something HUGE to change them. I mean, remember Munich's Basketball final... <_<

Isn't that the FINAL lunge at the finish line? Therefore, if Perry stepped on the marker, then it's PAST the competition zone. So indeed the result is FAIR and should STAND.

THAT IS the photo-finish. Stop being hysterical, Pillan.

PerrySanna.jpg

PerrySanna1.jpg

What about this??????? IS THIS FAIR???????? NO! THE RESULT SHOULD NOT STAND! MICHELLE PERRY IS THE MOST UNDESERVING WINNER SO FAR IN THESE WCH!!!!!!!!!! PERRY SUCK! USA SUCKS! THE OFFICIALS IN OSAKA SUCKS! AND YOU SUCKS! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

PerrySanna.jpg

What about this??????? IS THIS FAIR???????? NO! THE RESULT SHOULD NOT STAND! MICHELLE PERRY IS THE MOST UNDESERVING WINNER SO FAR IN THESE WCH!!!!!!!!!! PERRY SUCK! USA SUCKS! THE OFFICIALS IN OSAKA SUCKS! AND YOU SUCKS! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

So? Her center of gravity is STILL within her field. That's all that matters. It's NOT a perfect world. What you want are 5 meter-wide lanes with acrylic walls between the runners. Ain't gonna happen, baby. Even in horse races and in cross-country races, they eventually get in each other's way. Stop being such a cry-baby!

You should build your own stadium and run your own races. Grow up, wilya. :rolleyes:

So? Her center of gravity is STILL within her field. That's all that matters. It's NOT a perfect world. What you want are 5 meter-wide lanes with acrylic walls between the runners. Ain't gonna happen, baby.[/i] Even in horse races and in cross-country races, they eventually get in each other's way. Stop being such a cry-baby!

You should build your own stadium and run your own races.

sanna-kallur-vm-fin_390762a.jpg

NO, THIS IS NOT OKAY! PERRY CAN RUN IN KALLURS LINE IF KALLUR WILL NOT BE DISTURB OF THAT! BUT SHE WAS DISTURB! THEY TOUCHED TOGETHER! THAT COST KALLUR PROBABLY THE BRONZE! " HER CENTER OF GRAVITY IS STILL WITHIN HER FIELD"????? TALK ABOUT CRAP TALKING!!!!!!!! PERRY WAS IN KALLURS FIELD! PERRY DISTURB KALLUR= DISQUALIFICATION FOR PERRY! HOW MUCH PERRY WAS IN KALLURS FIELD HAS NO MATTER! THE IMPORTANT IS IF KALLUR WAS DISTURB OR NOT! WE SHOULD CALL THIS GAMES "THE AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS! YOU ARE A AMERICAN CRY-BABY! LITTLE CRITIC AGAINST USA AND, JESUS YOU SCREAMING LIKE A THREE-YEARS OLD KID AT MY JOB! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Well, too bad. The officials in Osaka don't agree with you. Why don't u lash out at them? :rolleyes:

THEY DIDN´T LOOK AT THE PICTURES! IF THEY DO IT I´M SURE SWEDEN SHOULD HAS A BRONZE AND SORRY TO CANADA, YOU SHOULD HAVE A GOLD! THE PROTEST FROM SWEDEN COMES TOO LATE!

Well, talk about serious problems. In other places of the world, people have lost their homes and their family members by a fire catastrophe, but other people have no bigger problems than whinging about alleged injustice in athletic races. By the way, Pillan: capital letters mean clamour in internet language. And they are a major breach of nettiquette. So, if you want to behave like a good sportsman (and someone whose fellow countrymen deserve a bronze medal), refrain from the use of those capital letters. And, of course, refrain from that foul language.

Well, talk about serious problems. In other places of the world, people have lost their homes and their family members by a fire catastrophe, but other people have no bigger problems than whinging about alleged injustice in athletic races. By the way, Pillan: capital letters mean clamour in internet language. And they are a major breach of nettiquette. So, if you want to behave like a good sportsman (and someone whose fellow countrymen deserve a bronze medal), refrain from the use of those capital letters. And, of course, refrain from that foul language.

OH STOP PLEASE! IN THIS THREAD WE DISCUSS ABOUT OSAKA! NOT POLITICS AND CATASTROPHES! IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT POLITICS, WHY ARE YOU IN THIS FORUM?

OH STOP PLEASE! IN THIS THREAD WE DISCUSS ABOUT OSAKA! NOT POLITICS AND CATASTROPHES! IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT POLITICS, WHY ARE YOU IN THIS FORUM?

You're certainly not the one to ask such a question. You're obviously not interested in a rational, constructive discussion and with your very disrespectful manners towards other people, you behave in a very non-Olympic way, too.

sanna-kallur-vm-fin_390762a.jpg

NO, THIS IS NOT OKAY! PERRY CAN RUN IN KALLURS LINE IF KALLUR WILL NOT BE DISTURB OF THAT! BUT SHE WAS DISTURB! THEY TOUCHED TOGETHER! THAT COST KALLUR PROBABLY THE BRONZE! " HER CENTER OF GRAVITY IS STILL WITHIN HER FIELD"????? TALK ABOUT CRAP TALKING!!!!!!!! PERRY WAS IN KALLURS FIELD! PERRY DISTURB KALLUR= DISQUALIFICATION FOR PERRY! HOW MUCH PERRY WAS IN KALLURS FIELD HAS NO MATTER! THE IMPORTANT IS IF KALLUR WAS DISTURB OR NOT! WE SHOULD CALL THIS GAMES "THE AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS! YOU ARE A AMERICAN CRY-BABY! LITTLE CRITIC AGAINST USA AND, JESUS YOU SCREAMING LIKE A THREE-YEARS OLD KID AT MY JOB! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Seriously, shut up and quit acting like a 6-year-old child that wants his blankie.

YES! Gold to Australia! Womens 400mt hurdles! Congrats to Jana Rawlinson (used to be Jana Pittman)!!!!! Australia is on the medal board!

Lets see if our male pole vaulters can come up with the goods...

Congratulations to Australia -- and we Germans have a reason to celebrate, too: Betty Heidler is the surprising new world champion in women's hammer throw! She defeated Cuba's Yipsi Moreno by only two centimetres! And China has won its first medal in these WCH: Bronze for Zhang Wenxiu.

August 30th (Day 6) results.

Women's Hammer Throw

1. Betty Heidler (Germany) -> 74.76m

2. Yipsi Moreno (Cuba) -> 74.74m

3. Wenxiu Zhang (China) -> 74.39m

Women's 400m Hurdles

1. Jana Rawlinson (Australia) -> 53.31 sec (SB)

2. Yuliya Pechenkina (Russia) -> 53.50 sec (SB)

3. Anna Jesien (Poland) -> 53.92 sec

Men's Long Jump

1. Irving Saladino (Panama) -> 8.57m (AR)

2. Andrew Howe (Italy) -> 8.47m (NR)

3. Dwight Phillips (USA) -> 8.30m

Men's 200m

1. Tyson Gay (USA) -> 19.76 sec (CHAMPIONSHIP RECORD)

2. Usain Bolt (Jamaica) -> 19.91 sec

3. Wallace Spearmon (USA) -> 20.05 sec

Day 7 (August 31st) medal events.

- Women's 20km Race Walk

- Women's Triple Jump

- Women's Javelin Throw

- Women's 200m

- Men's 400m

- Men's 110m Hurdles

Good performance by Howe. Just a turn before out of the medal zone and then the silver jump.. 8.47 it's anyway a great result for a 22years old guy, especially one year to Beijing!

..and finally italy on board!

Medal standings, after Day 6.

1. USA -> 6 gold, 2 silver, 5 bronze

2. Russia -> 3 gold, 5 silver, 2 bronze

3. Kenya -> 3 gold, 1 silver, 4 bronze

4. Germany -> 2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze

5. Ethiopia -> 2 gold, 1 silver

6. Jamaica -> 1 gold, 1 silver, 3 bronze

7. (tie) Belarus -> 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze

7. (tie) Great Britain -> 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze

9. Bahamas -> 1 gold, 1 silver

10. (tie) Australia -> 1 gold

10. (tie) Ecuador -> 1 gold

10. (tie) Estonia -> 1 gold

10. (tie) New Zealand -> 1 gold

10. (tie) Panama -> 1 gold

10. (tie) Portugal -> 1 gold

10. (tie) Sweden -> 1 gold

17. (tie) Cuba -> 1 silver, 1 bronze

17. (tie) Spain -> 1 silver, 1 bronze

19. (tie) Bahrain -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Brazil -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Canada -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Czech Republic -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Dominican Republic -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Italy -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Morocco -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Qatar -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Slovenia -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Turkey -> 1 silver

19. (tie) Ukraine -> 1 silver

30. Poland -> 2 bronze

31. (tie) China -> 1 bronze

31. (tie) Cyprus -> 1 bronze

31. (tie) Netherlands -> 1 bronze

31. (tie) Slovakia -> 1 bronze

31. (tie) Switzerland -> 1 bronze

31. (tie) Tunisia -> 1 bronze

PerrySanna1.jpg

This problem was been dealt with many times before in Atheltics. I remember a British protest regarding something similar a few years back.

Basically, it does not matter if you appear to impeaching on another Atheltes lane in Hurdles, as long as your feet remain within the lane when you reach the ground.

Pilan, you can diasgree and have tantrums as much as you want, but those are the rules and, rightly or wrongly, you have to accept them.

On a lighter note, a few comments on todays compeititon:

- Congrats to Jana Rawlinson (she's not British but I like her). It seems strange calling her Rawlinson and not Pitman.

-How impressive does Alison Felix look in the 200m? She is amazing

-Thanks heavens the guy from Panama beat that Italian guy in the long jump. His mother in the crowd was annoying all through the competition. I did start to feel sorry for the poor guy for having a mother like that. That was until he started acting like a complete idiot when he went into the lead. At one stage he was roaring and beating his chest.

-Did anyone notice how empty the stadium was at the end of tonights schedule? I hate big sporting events that can't even fill the venue.

-I felt really sad for Usain Bolt in the 100m. I really wanted him to win, but his age showed against the dominance of Tyson Gay.

Archived