England - Germany, Two Times On One Day

Tomorrow will be two matches England against Germany. I guess you are aware of the Football match at Wembley. It is only a friendly match and both sides have injury worries.

The more important one will take place in Manchester. There is the E-Ch and England and Germany are both in one group and both have 4 points out of two games. But England tops the group and Germany has to win the match to qualify for the semis. Germany is the current World Champion but had always their problems with England. But this time England has the home advantage. It will be a tricky job for the German team. This match is so important, because this E-Ch is the European Qualification tournament for the Olympic Games next year. Only the three medalists will qualify directly for Beijing.

Our hockey teams are often medal winners at the Olympics. What a nightmare it would be the Olympics without the present World Champion.

Tomorrow will be two matches England against Germany. I guess you are aware of the Football match at Wembley. It is only a friendly match and both sides have injury worries.

The more important one will take place in Manchester. There is the E-Ch and England and Germany are both in one group and both have 4 points out of two games. But England tops the group and Germany has to win the match to qualify for the semis. Germany is the current World Champion but had always their problems with England. But this time England has the home advantage. It will be a tricky job for the German team. This match is so important, because this E-Ch is the European Qualification tournament for the Olympic Games next year. Only the three medalists will qualify directly for Beijing.

Our hockey teams are often medal winners at the Olympics. What a nightmare it would be the Olympics without the present World Champion.

Come on, even if you don't qualify through Europe, you will win one of the qualifying tournaments along with India and Argentina.

Everyone knows that I support and cheer for Germany blindly no matter what, but even I know its unlikely that Germany wins tomorrow.

No

Michael Ballack

Mario Gomez

Lukas Podolski

Jan Schlaudraff

Torsten Frings

Tim Borowski

Marcell Jansen

Clemens Fritz

Miroslav Klose

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Sami Khedira

Germany is screwed.

The only good thing is that the world cup defence of Friedrich, Lahm, Mertesacker and Metzelder is on the squad.

Kiss of death for the German team: Merkel will watch the match at Wembley along side with the British prime minister Brown.

Oh, come on. Merkel was also present at all German World Cup matches. And she had visited the team at the Grunewald hotel before the tournament. The results are well-known: six victories and only one defeat. So she rather seems to have become the team's lucky charm. ;)

Oh, come on. Merkel was also present at all German World Cup matches. And she had visited the team at the Grunewald hotel before the tournament. The results are well-known: six victories and only one defeat. So she rather seems to have become the team's lucky charm. ;)

Well I don't wish to appear biased,but in that case...I think she should be banned! ;)

Well I don't wish to appear biased,but in that case...I think she should be banned! ;)

*lol* Don't worry. I really don't expect anything better for the German team than a 1-1 draw. I guess that's a result both teams could live with very well.

It could be a really good match if there are a few new players on the pitch trying to prove themselves; either that or it'll be a total anticlimax (notice I'm covering all bases here). I reckon it'll be quite even anyhow.

Kiss of death for the German team: Merkel will watch the match at Wembley along side with the British prime minister Brown.

Kiss of death?! With a Scot and a German watching at least you'll have some support! If England lose I bet Brown and Merkel will both have a good laugh in private. All we need to top it off is an Argentine ref!

Will a draw be enough for England and Germany?

Belgium has beaten the Czechs with 6/0, exactly the score they needed and which means they are qualified for the semi-finals.

Germany needs to beat England this evening to reach the last four. It would be a hugh surprise if Germany didn't qualify

Very bad result for Germany. It shows just how weak the German side is, Belgium is the semis of E-Ch!!! It is like Austria in the semis of a football E-Ch.

Well, it's not entirely true: they ended 4th in 1995, 1999 and 2003. But I agree with Austria in the semis :lol:

Germany leads 1:0 (in the hockey match) after 22 minutes.

2:0 at half time. Come on, you have to win this match.

I have to say Goethe out of all the gamesbidders sports tastes I appreciate yours the most, since I am in Canada its hard to find people that appreciate sports like field hockey and handball.

Germany leads 1:0 (in the hockey match) after 22 minutes.

2:0 at half time. Come on, you have to win this match.

I went to the match. Oh well, at least it only cost me a fiver. Well done Germany.

Both results are a real surprise, especially the football result. After England's 1-0, I was pretty certain that there are several English goals to follow. But although our young team committed many defence faults, it turned out as the one with the (comparatively) stronger nerves in the end. It's a good start for this Euro season but there's still a lot of work to do.

The English team, on the other hand, probably received the definite wake-up call tonight so that we might expect a noticeable improvement for the rest of the Euro qualifiers. I really hope that they achieve that improvement -- since a Euro without England is simply not the same.

And of course I'm pleased to hear that current men's hockey world champion Germany keeps its chances of directly qualifying for Beijing.

I have to say Goethe out of all the gamesbidders sports tastes I appreciate yours the most, since I am in Canada its hard to find people that appreciate sports like field hockey and handball.

Well, we should see at least a bit of Field Hockey during Beijing since Canada qualified there men's team (what a match it must have been, 2-2 AET, 5-4 on penalty against Argentina...). To be honest, I NEVER saw a Field Hockey game, and its one of the things I am the most looking forward to during the Beijing Olympics.

Well, we should see at least a bit of Field Hockey during Beijing since Canada qualified there men's team (what a match it must have been, 2-2 AET, 5-4 on penalty against Argentina...). To be honest, I NEVER saw a Field Hockey game, and its one of the things I am the most looking forward to during the Beijing Olympics.

I remember games in 1999 and 2000.

Archived