qatar2.JPG

Al-Rayyan Sports Club - Ar Rayyan - Ahmed Bin Ali Stadium - 25 000

qatar4.JPG

Al-Ahli Doha - Doha - Al-Ahly Stadium - 20 000

qatar5.JPG

Al-Khor Sports Club - Khor - Al-Khor Stadium - 20 000

qatar1.JPG

Al-Sadd Sports Club - Doha - Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium - 18 000

Your website nearly gave me a heart attack qatarson!! Having loud music in the background of a website is never a good idea! Blimey, I need a drink.

LoooL the music is normal you adjusted your computers speakers into high it sounds normal to me i keep the speakers on low

LoooL the music is normal you adjusted your computers speakers into high it sounds normal to me i keep the speakers on low

no, it's too loud and far too garish, considering you don't really have any content on your site. it looks like an AOL profile circa 1998.

• 3 weeks later...

More sports venues to be constructed

DOHA • Two new sports venues are likely to come up in Doha as the city gears up to win the bid to host 2016 Olympic and Paraolympic Games.

We need at least two new venues,” Sheikh Saoud bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, Secretary General of Qatar National Olympic Committee (QNOC) said when queried about the new infrastructure to come up for 2016 Olympics.

“We don’t have a velodrome (for cycling) and also a stadium for baseball and softball games. We did conduct baseball and softball matches in a temporary set up. We are looking at building these two venues for 2016 Olympics,” Sheikh Saoud said.

The International Olympic Committee announced last week that Baku (Azerbaijan), Chicago (US), Doha, Madrid (Spain), Prague (Czech Republic), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Tokyo (Japan) are all bidding to host 2016 Olympics.

Hassan Ali Bin Ali is the Chairman of the 2016 Bid Committee. He is a successful businessman and is also the chairman of the Shafallah Centre for Children with Special Needs, a world class facility which provides comprehensive services to children with disabilities and special needs.

The Doha Olympic Bid Committee recently launched its interim website.

The host city for the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games will be selected by the International Olympic Committee at the 121st IOC Session in Copenhagen in October 2009.

• 1 month later...

B]Qatar to build Paralympics stadium[/b]

Doha: Qatar will build the world's most advanced Paralympics stadium as part of its plans to secure the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, an official said on Saturday.

The city is gearing up for the bid that will be formally announced on October 25 during a day-long celebration on the Doha corniche. Shaikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, heir apparent, will unveil the logo and the official website of Doha 2016. If awarded the Games, Qatar would become the first Arab country to host the Olympic flame, said Hassan Ali Bin Ali, Chairman of Doha 2016 Olympic bid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As part of the 2016 bid and as part of the country's commitment to people with special needs, Doha is planning to build the world's most sophisticated Paralympic sport stadium and facilities," the official said addressing a press conference at the Shafallah Centre, an institute assisting children with special needs.

"We have the capability to host the 2016 Olympics, having a world class sporting infrastructure. Two of our stadiums were acknowledged to be the best in the world in a global contest sponsored by the IOC."

Doha is among the seven cities whose bids for the 2016 Olympics were officially accepted on September 14 by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

“We don’t have a velodrome (for cycling)...

LOL!

This is the story behind the velodrome used for last year's Asian Games:

Asian Games officials are doing one of their tours around Doha ahead of the Asian Games, checking how the progress is going with all the organisation and buildings etc...

Asian Games Official: "Ok, it all looks like it's going alright. Could we please see the velodrome for the cycling?"

DAGOC Official: "Um, velodrome? Isn't the cycling done on the road?"

AG official: "Uh, yes, that is the cycling road race, but you also need a velodrome for the sprint and track races. You do have a velodrome, don't you?"

DAGOC official "Um, er, uh... yes, we're still building it..."

It turns out DAGOC did not have a velodrome planned and as a result had to demolish the indoor full-size football pitch inside ASPIRE and hurridly turn it into a velodrome for the Asian Games. After the Games, the temporary velodrome was demolished and they rebuilt the indoor football pitch!

Another great moment in Qatar organisation and planning...

It wasn't the size I was questioning, I assmued it was a normal sized football pitch. It was the number of boxes that I found odd. There must be lots of very important people around. Bizarre.

There are lots of ridiculously rich people in the middle east, so the boxes are guarenteed to be filled to capacity every time.

However, the design takes away the 'massive crowd' feel of a stadium, which I think is an important part of the football experience. C'mon, who wants to watch football while reclining on a chaise lounge, sipping Moet, and eating buckets of caviar?

There are lots of ridiculously rich people in the middle east, so the boxes are guarenteed to be filled to capacity every time.

However, the design takes away the 'massive crowd' feel of a stadium, which I think is an important part of the football experience. C'mon, who wants to watch football while reclining on a chaise lounge, sipping Moet, and eating buckets of caviar?

:lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm... I wonder who that would be?

LOL!

This is the story behind the velodrome used for last year's Asian Games:

Asian Games officials are doing one of their tours around Doha ahead of the Asian Games, checking how the progress is going with all the organisation and buildings etc...

Asian Games Official: "Ok, it all looks like it's going alright. Could we please see the velodrome for the cycling?"

DAGOC Official: "Um, velodrome? Isn't the cycling done on the road?"

AG official: "Uh, yes, that is the cycling road race, but you also need a velodrome for the sprint and track races. You do have a velodrome, don't you?"

DAGOC official "Um, er, uh... yes, we're still building it..."

It turns out DAGOC did not have a velodrome planned and as a result had to demolish the indoor full-size football pitch inside ASPIRE and hurridly turn it into a velodrome for the Asian Games. After the Games, the temporary velodrome was demolished and they rebuilt the indoor football pitch!

Another great moment in Qatar organisation and planning...

LoooL that was the funniest thing i have heard in this forum !!!! but i hope the velodrome is built (not temporarly) somewhere in Aspire Zone maybe some new building containing even more sports ???

• 4 weeks later...
Khalifa International Stadium

10122006002tx5.jpg

img1112jh5.jpg

img1107pq9.jpg

img1220wr6.jpg

l1000362edited1yb2.jpg

l1000404edited1yb5.jpg

l1000434edited1qe0.jpg

The Khalifa stadium's capacity used to be 20,000 when it was first built in 1976, but got expanded to 50,000 in 2005. I currently have no idea how this building looked before its seating capacity got expanded. When Doha wins the 2016 Olympic bid, the stadium may need further capacity expansion. I don't know what its capacity will be expanded to and how. Let's see, the new capacity should be 60,000?

Archived