Vanoc Scandal: Callaghan Valley Nordic Venue

Agenthuggles, I have a different 'take' than Kendegra's post re: the interest in this thread involving scandal re: the largest & most expensive Vanoc venue, involving the "players" named, (started on Aug. 20/07 - Kendegra I hope you do not take offense at my alternate viewpoint)

Don't put a lot of emphasis on the number ofif you've read it 9 or 10 times. I'm sure about 70% of the views are from the 7 or 8 people who have replied in the thread. The rest are the regular gamesbids crew just taking a peek.
"viewers" to this thread. Every time someone views this thread, the number goes up - even

in reply to my post:

There are 1,000+ viewers to this topic, yet only a small group have focused on trying to discredit my & agenthuggles (high five for not being a sheep) comments. No one is making you & your pals read this thread.

I just logged in today & the number changed from 1181 to 1191 (updated every hr). I have been interested at how quickly the total number of views has increased in comparison to threads posted from last year or even from March of this year!!

Using Kendegra's figures: 70% from 7 or 8 people replying on this thread: that means that each of that group viewed this thread 103 times out out of the 70% total views: 827!! That is a lot of views by a small group of posters.

How does Kendegra know that the remaining 365 'peeks' to this thread are "regular gamesbids crew"???? That is a lot of peeking from 'the crew'.

For instance, I came by this site through a 'Google Alert' into my box. Many people are keenly interested in all things Olympic for a variety of reasons, including the scandals & massive cost overruns, all too often associated with their track records & are led to the site via other avenues & are NOT part of the cheer-leading "crew" What do you believe? I congratulate Rob Livingstone for establishing this site providing full discussion, & I am notifying many people of its existence.

The movement has unfortunately been tainted by the handling of the event at local levels by secretive organizing committees dipping into taxpayers money, with little accountability - the athletes somehow lost in the shuffle, struggling along training on a shoestring, while small groups of vested interests make millions on their backs. I believe that is a key reason for the interest in this thread when the stories were very specific with the facts - they sure got my & my friends' attention!!

So now I expect I will receive another barrage of swearing & threats coming from 'the crew' LOL!! :rolleyes:

I & doubtless many viewers to this topic, DO specifically look forward to hearing from the 'IOC officials & members' that Rob said belong as members to this Forum, re: the questions raised above. ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been visiting and contributing to this forum since September 2001. You've been here for 12 days. You don't understand the forum as well as you think.

Topics like logos, pins, coins, torches and ceremonies have views in the thousands. Hell, I bet even Maxiu's crushed Toronto sandwich thread got more visits. This is just getting some ratings because it is looking like just another Gamesbids drama.

huggles/wideshut:

What bothers me with people like you is that you are so clouded in your OWN beliefs that you refuse to take other peoples points of view. You have found a rather weak article that you believe shows signs of corruption, and when others object to that sentiment, you tell them they are wrong, tell them that they are not informed, and that everything you say is right. I read the article you have referenced, concluded to myself that this article insinuates alot (like you are doing) without much factual reference. Bring forward a 'smoking gun' and maybe someone will take you seriously.

I am actually insulted by your insuation that I am somehow linked to the people in this article - like you have done with Mr X, Kenedgra and minaturesnickers because we do not share your belief. That is arrogant of you to assume that. Anyone who is against you is somehow part of the problem. You believe that this site is somehow a corporate blog site where we all hug eachother for a job well done of convincing the world of the wonderful job the olympics are bringing - and to thwart any attempt to conter that. You obvious have not done your research about the origins of the site and like you do with everything else that you disagree with - assume the boogie man is behind everything and are dumbfounded that someone cannot share your point of view.

I am an avid follower of the Olympics because I use to compete competitively when I was younger in swimming. I always aspired to go to the games (the slogan we had was No Pain - No Spain) and even though I have NOTHING (and i repeat NOTHING) to do with the Olympics, government, or developers I have followed the Olympics with great enthusiasim. When I heard Vancouver was bidding for the Olympics, I was so excited. I voted in favour of the games as a private citizen. I know that this shocks you, and ever reading this you are trying to think of what angle I am trying to spin. There isn't. Other then to try and tell you that there are people that WANT these games, as much as there are people like YOU that don't.

And lastly, stop reading about conspiracy theories. Your paranoid delusion state is making you all crazy and weird. Last I heard Gordon Campbell reads this site daily and records your IP address and will be sending his cronies (you never know - maybe I'm one of them) to your door to assert our point so you better be careful. (I'm joking by the way, or am I?)

I've said my piece and I will not respond to any more of your rhetoric. You have no interest in having a dialogue with me so I am not going to prolong the agony anymore. Try as you will, I'm done with you.

huggles/wideshut:

What bothers me with people like you is that you are so clouded in your OWN beliefs that you refuse to take other peoples points of view. You have found a rather weak article that you believe shows signs of corruption, and when others object to that sentiment, you tell them they are wrong, tell them that they are not informed, and that everything you say is right. I read the article you have referenced, concluded to myself that this article insinuates alot (like you are doing) without much factual reference. Bring forward a 'smoking gun' and maybe someone will take you seriously.

I am actually insulted by your insuation that I am somehow linked to the people in this article - like you have done with Mr X, Kenedgra and minaturesnickers because we do not share your belief. That is arrogant of you to assume that. Anyone who is against you is somehow part of the problem. You believe that this site is somehow a corporate blog site where we all hug eachother for a job well done of convincing the world of the wonderful job the olympics are bringing - and to thwart any attempt to conter that. You obvious have not done your research about the origins of the site and like you do with everything else that you disagree with - assume the boogie man is behind everything and are dumbfounded that someone cannot share your point of view.

I am an avid follower of the Olympics because I use to compete competitively when I was younger in swimming. I always aspired to go to the games (the slogan we had was No Pain - No Spain) and even though I have NOTHING (and i repeat NOTHING) to do with the Olympics, government, or developers I have followed the Olympics with great enthusiasim. When I heard Vancouver was bidding for the Olympics, I was so excited. I voted in favour of the games as a private citizen. I know that this shocks you, and ever reading this you are trying to think of what angle I am trying to spin. There isn't. Other then to try and tell you that there are people that WANT these games, as much as there are people like YOU that don't.

And lastly, stop reading about conspiracy theories. Your paranoid delusion state is making you all crazy and weird. Last I heard Gordon Campbell reads this site daily and records your IP address and will be sending his cronies (you never know - maybe I'm one of them) to your door to assert our point so you better be careful. (I'm joking by the way, or am I?)

I've said my piece and I will not respond to any more of your rhetoric. You have no interest in having a dialogue with me so I am not going to prolong the agony anymore. Try as you will, I'm done with you.

YOU are the ONE who is making a big thing out of this. I for one will, have printed what you wrote out...sounds like could be good court case...as you stated Campbell can get the address, yes come one and all..

Thretening must be the only way you can talk, looking at your profile speaks for it self/

I have sons who are for and bbeen in the Olympics.....no one on this forum, said they were against the Olympics, AND YOU DON'T GET IT. I have every right , as you do to voice my opinon...and I NEVER THREATENED AnYONE OR USED BAD LANGUAGE .

Go get a life somewhere else!! Kenedgra seems to get it !!!!! doesn't have to agree just lookie.....and read...instead critiziing 2 of us on these Posts...because WE DON'T AGREE WITH YOU....

Who is the dumbell, Look in the mirror !!!!!! You have made a threat

huggles/wideshut:

YOU are the ONE who is making a big thing out of this. I for one will, have printed what you wrote out...sounds like could be good court case...as you stated Campbell can get the address, yes come one and all..

Thretening must be the only way you can talk, looking at your profile speaks for it self/

I have sons who are for and bbeen in the Olympics.....no one on this forum, said they were against the Olympics, AND YOU DON'T GET IT. I have every right , as you do to voice my opinon...and I NEVER THREATENED AnYONE OR USED BAD LANGUAGE .

Go get a life somewhere else!! Kenedgra seems to get it !!!!! doesn't have to agree just lookie.....and read...instead critiziing 2 of us on these Posts...because WE DON'T AGREE WITH YOU....

Who is the dumbell, Look in the mirror !!!!!! You have made a threat

Fisher, you, certainly have a smoking gun . . . . you've just shot yourself in the foot & blown your credibility out the window by posting the following:

Last I heard Gordon Campbell reads this site daily and records your IP address and will be sending his cronies (you never know - maybe I'm one of them) to your door to assert our point so you better be careful. (I'm joking by the way, or am I?)

That comment was despicable. The Premier would have a problem with the threat you have posted, never mind the owner of this site, Rob Livingstone, who of course wants to maintain high ethics for his own sake.

I am very comfortable with the basis on which I posted my comments. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were a decent person. I've changed my mind.

I started this thread with two very interesting articles directly involved with Vanoc & the individuals named in an article. I thought the level of discussion of this site would have been higher even from big supporters.

Instead, I have been attacked, threatened & sworn at. I welcome discussion & I am always interested in hearing other points of view; not once have I seen any one of the few posters replying actually address the issues/facts I brought forward on a reasonable basis, except for agenthuggles & to some degree, Kendegra. The ONLY time I have had a problem with a poster is when they have attacked me. There has been NO discussion,to date, simply attacks to try to shut my viewpoint down. I am disappointed.

I have faith in the majority reading this topic; that they have a broad enough perspective in life, to weigh the information in a measured manner - that they 'GET IT'

Discussion IS healthy. Threats & false accusations are NOT.

After writing the nonsense above, which does not belong on this Forum, I will report you to the Administrator of this site.

huggles/wideshut:

Threatening must be the only way you can talk, looking at your profile speaks for it self/

I have sons who are for avid skiers, all for Oympics......no one on this forum, said they were against the Olympics, AND YOU DON'T GET IT. I have every right , as you do to voice my opinon...and I NEVER THREATENED AnYONE OR USED BAD LANGUAGE .

Go get a life somewhere else!! Kenedgra seems to get it !!!!! doesn't have to agree just lookie.....and read...instead critizizing 2 of us on these Posts...because WE DON'T AGREE WITH YOU....

Who is the dumbell, Look in the mirror !!!!!! You have made a threat. You are not worth my time....

ONLY YOU WILL NOT THREATEN ME...GET IT NOW !!!!

An Agent !!!! ;)

Aren't you guys over reacting a tad? The main point is, this issue is of little concern for most peoples here becosse, assuming every assumption in those articles are all true, well it won't affect Vancouver 2010 much. Yet you two are making a huge deal out of this (remember, most of us here don't give a flying damn about VANOC's members past activities, even if they involve lands used for the games), and seam to assume that the reason we don't care is becosse we are a) blinded by our passing for the Olympics and/or Olympic biding or B) becosse we are all working whit VANOC (both of which are quite far from the truth). Its simply that, Olympic wise, its not much of an issue, and it wouldn't becomme interesting until someone is found guilty (and even then it would be relatively minor). Scandal or not, Callaghan Valley's Nordic venues will be build, so I don't see whats the big thing, really.

Oh, and regarding

"And lastly, stop reading about conspiracy theories. Your paranoid delusion state is making you all crazy and weird. Last I heard Gordon Campbell reads this site daily and records your IP address and will be sending his cronies (you never know - maybe I'm one of them) to your door to assert our point so you better be careful. (I'm joking by the way, or am I?)".

I don't pretend to be an expert in psychologies, but I am quite certain that was irony...

I don't pretend to be an expert in psychologies, but I am quite certain that was irony...

Yes, that was irony. But the response pretty much illustrates my point. Was it appropriate or necessary - probably not, however I assumed after saying that I have NOTHING to do with anything involving the games/government that it didn't need to be spelled out. So to those that may take that line out of context - that statement was completely false.

Yes, that was irony. But the response pretty much illustrates my point. Was it appropriate or necessary - probably not, however I assumed after saying that I have NOTHING to do with anything involving the games/government that it didn't need to be spelled out. So to those that may take that line out of context - that statement was completely false.

Fisher: Further to my reporting your ill conceived threat above in your previous post, I want to know exactly which "statment was completely false" that you are referencing. Your retraction is unclear.

Please post the statement you are saying "was completely false" that you directed towards agenthuggles & myself.

Threats of this nature are not a joke. Our lawyers are interested.

P.S. Kendegra: To be accurate, you did not quote the full sentence that Fisher posted after his threat. It was the following sentence, which holds a entirely different meaning in the context of his post, than you referenced:

]. . . . (I'm joking by the way, or am I?)[/[/b]quote]

You are not clear, on what you are declaring false?

If on a Airline and you said," I have a bomb here" ( Oh I am just kidding,) or maybe not.........!!!

You would of been hauled off in hand cuffs, seen it done..seen this in the Airport lines...called Security'

Mr Fischer !!! Same as I want on these posts .....and want to know yet what your kidding about???

I am to believe the statement above ??? Which part??? Yes spell it out for the other readers too....

Let me know, would appreciatte , thanks.

Desperately speaking, I wanted the vancouver 2010 olympics to be one of the best ever. Unfortunately, from the awful handover ceremony in Torino to this point, it seems to be shaping up to be one of the most limp olympiads ever. From the architecture, to the planning to the preparations to the various organizational processes, every thing seems as drab and as grey as the great canadian artic! It is a crying shame for a city so beautiful to be reduced to this. 2010 may even have the lowest media interest and spectator participation ever. In retrospect, maybe the 2010 olympics should have gone to Pyongchang after all. Comments?

Desperately speaking, I wanted the vancouver 2010 olympics to be one of the best ever. Unfortunately, from the awful handover ceremony in Torino to this point, it seems to be shaping up to be one of the most limp olympiads ever. From the architecture, to the planning to the preparations to the various organizational processes, every thing seems as drab and as grey as the great canadian artic! It is a crying shame for a city so beautiful to be reduced to this. 2010 may even have the lowest media interest and spectator participation ever. In retrospect, maybe the 2010 olympics should have gone to Pyongchang after all. Comments?

Even with Vancouver in the race I had supported Berne and than Salzburg.

Fisher: Further to my reporting your ill conceived threat above in your previous post, I want to know exactly which "statment was completely false" that you are referencing. Your retraction is unclear.

Please post the statement you are saying "was completely false" that you directed towards agenthuggles & myself.

Threats of this nature are not a joke. Our lawyers are interested.

I'm sorry - but serious question time.

Are you 13?

This is absolute rubbish. "Your lawyers are interested?"

I am picturing some prepubescent with an overactive imagination and a poorly grasp opinion of some minor article they read in the paper in the school library hunkered over a computer giggling like a twat.

Your pathetic legalk threat aside - how do you expect for anyone to ever take you seriously when you post such utter, absolute crap?

Move on people - seriously - nothing to see here.

Well finally, I see there are some intelligent, balanced poster on this thread in addition to agenthuggles! What a relief to hear some common sense reflective comments vs spin & denial.

For all of your bravado, Kendegra, & thatsnotmypuppy (temper, temper, my friend, I see you haven't used soap instead of mouthwash yet . . . :rolleyes: ) . . . . please note that there are legalities attached to the internet now, particularly on sensitive issues that is currently under active police scrutiny as we learned in the two news stories I reported. Surely, you understand THAT. The justice system can also access emails of internet users in matters before the courts.

These days, as agenthuggles rightly pointed out there is a lot of vigilance about posting on the internet & users can be removed & become the focus of interest which impacts the site owner & the individual making the threat. Perhaps YOU would be wise to think twice before you are so flippant.

Are you or Fisher trained in the justice system as agenthuggles stated he/she was?

What training/knowledge do you have in this context, please?

So listen up, thatsnotmypuppy & Fisher and anyone else from your little pack, thinking of making a smarmy reply that is inappropriate on this forum:

Threats are never a joke - period; forum or no forum, especially where someone is saying:

Last I heard Gordon Campbell reads this site daily and records your IP address and will be sending his cronies (you never know - maybe I'm one of them) to your door to assert our point so you better be careful. (I'm joking by the way, or am I?).

Please take good care to be on solid ground before you shoot from the hip.

You just never know who's eyes are watching, do you? B)

In retrospect, maybe the 2010 Olympics should have gone to Pyongyang after all. Comments?

I totally agree with you, Ruling Czar on everything your wrote. The whole Prague bidding process looked very suspicious, too surrounding the Korean official who ended up being removed from the IOC didn't he, KIm Un Yong (sp??)

Then I read in these articles that there had been a Commercial Crime file active a few days prior to Prague - give me a break!!! Would Vancouver have had a hope in Hades of winning that Bid selection with an RCMP active investigation?

I remember seeing a breaking story on the TV news surrounding whether or not Vancouver actually had fairly won the Bid voting & what had actually gone on. That story quickly was quickly deep sixed.

You have good taste, Faster.

Look no further than the key people involved with Vanoc for all the answers to why things have happened as they did. Of course I was stunned when I read the original articles seeing the direct names linked to Vanoc. Anything that is controversial, matters when tons of taxpayers dollars are involved. Comments please?

Good grief, the CEO of Concert Properties, running Vanoc, is a close associate of the Premier's - having done business with him over receiving free land supposedly for social housing (hmmmmm) when the Premier was Mayor & the co. was called VLC.

Now we see Concert Properties President suddenly placed in charge of new Trade & Convention Centre spiraling out of control with debt. It doesn't take rocket science to see what is happening here, does it??

This scenario has recently played itself out in other winning cities. It always comes down to who is linked to whom, at the local organizing level, doesn't it ??????The Olympics did not have to morph into what it has.

I really feel sorry for the sincere athletes. If I were them, I'd go on strike until the cesspool got cleaned up, then start fresh on a more ethical basis.