Madrid 2016 Logo ?

Well... it's really interesting to read the description of a logo that you can't see :P

Here is a little summary of the principal aspects of the logos for those that can't understand Spanish:

1. (202) Smile, blink and friends. Dominant color is red

2. (1722) Something about the Spanish painters with black and white. Handwriting in red.

3. (962) Color strips crossing and a black strip with "Madrid 2016" in white.

4. (614) Lights making a "M"

5. (1222) A hand with different colors representing different nationalities and another "M"

6. (1112) A simple curve over a red background as a "mirror" reflecting "16"

7. (2000) A river and circles.

8. (1945) Something about a "portal"

9. (2053) Different letter "M"s and something about Roman numbers (MMXVI) and graffities

10. (676) MADRIDenACCIÓN ("Madrid in action") mixing the supporters and the athletes above them

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are the 10 finalist logos... what a shame for Madrid, in my opinion only two logos can be said to be good...

What do you think?? i expected something better.

logo_202_detalle.jpg

logo_1722_detalle.jpg

logo_962_detalle.jpg

logo_614_detalle.jpg

logo_1222_detalle.jpg

logo_1112_detalle.jpg

logo_2000_detalle.jpg

logo_1945_detalle.jpg

logo_2053_detalle.jpg

logo_676_detalle.jpg

:blink: The top 10 ?? That are the best top 10 of madrid competition logo ?? :blink: JACA2014, I think we can get better logo from another participant....

I like some of then...there are betters than the Jaca 2014 logo ,for example... :lol:

I wouldn't be so sure...

Neither "Pintar el alma" nor "De Madrid al Olimpo" nor "un rio de ilusiones" are better than Jaca 2014 logo.

In the other hand, "light" or "madridfluye 2016" are much better.

These are the 10 finalist logos, i have added the name of each logo:

What do you think??

logo_202_detalle.jpg

MARIZ MARIZ

logo_1722_detalle.jpg

PINTAR EL ALMA

logo_962_detalle.jpg

madridfluye 2016

logo_614_detalle.jpg

LIGHT

logo_1222_detalle.jpg

CORLE

logo_1112_detalle.jpg

ESPEJO PARA EL MUNDO

logo_2000_detalle.jpg

UN RIO DE ILUSIONES

logo_1945_detalle.jpg

DE MADRID AL OLIMPO

logo_2053_detalle.jpg

VESTIR MADRID

logo_676_detalle.jpg

MADRIDenACCION

I also did 4 logos for this contest, but neither of them is among the Top 10, of course i think that some of my logos are far better than the finalist...

Hohoho agreed, JACA2014, please show your logo design, I have been seeing your logo, and your logo is better than most of the top 10 logos

These are the 10 finalist logos... what a shame for Madrid, in my opinion only two logos can be said to be good...

What do you think?? i expected something better.

I have to agree. It's a below-average group of proposals, IMHO.

I also did 4 logos for this contest, but neither of them is among the Top 10, of course i think that some of my logos are far better than the finalist... (better than "de madrid al olimpo" or "pintar madrid" al least)

I did only one - I don't know if they received it or not, lol - and I don't want to sound vain but I too think my design is better than some of these <_< But that's what I think, others might not think that way, of course.

What are the OC thinking when they select the logos? First, London... and now, that.

At least, it's a poll and probably the worst logos won't stay much longer.

About the logos, I only like "Light" and maybe "Corle"... "Madrid Fluye" is growing in me anyways. The rest... :S

• 2 weeks later...
plagiarism?? or just a chance??

This is the polemic about one of the Top 10 Madrid 16 logos... these are the logos:

Denuncia_plagio.jpg

Logo_italiano.jpg

what do you th¡nk?? They are really similar...

The second one is from an italian company.

My comment :

At least the author of madrid logo can said that the angles and the colours are not exactly same :P

btw, Is that possible 2 people from 2 different places (Spain and Italy) have an identical idea ? Only God knows, but madrid author said that she never sees Italiab glasses company logo....

My comment :

At least the author of madrid logo can said that the angles and the colours are not exactly same :P

btw, Is that possible 2 people from 2 different places (Spain and Italy) have an identical idea ? Only God knows, but madrid author said that she never sees Italiab glasses company logo....

There is a phenomenon in nature called 'creative synchronicity' when indeed 2 seemingly random creations from 2 totally different sources bear fruition at almost the same time -- but the creation is almost of the same quality. The most famous example of that is the invention of the telephone. Altho that Madrid logo looks too much like the Italian version to be a random creation. It looks like a rip-off.

Well more polemic...

The logo LIGHT has been withdrawn accused of plagiarism... This logo had been presented to another logo contest before... besides the company of the logomaker was the one who elected the TOP 10 logos...

goodbye to one of the best logos...

logo_614_detalle.jpg

Archived