Madrid 2016 Logo ?

Well more polemic...

The logo LIGHT has been withdrawn accused of plagiarism... This logo had been presented to another logo contest before... besides the company of the logomaker was the one who elected the TOP 10 logos...

goodbye to one of the best logos...

logo_614_detalle.jpg

Jesus :blink: I'm glad in the end my vote wasn't "wasted" on it. Controversy right on the logo selection? A great omen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the unveiling of the logo, I haven't heard anything about the approval of the IOC. Has anybody heard anything about it?

And, another question, is there on the Internet the version of the logo with 'Applicant City' written? By the moment, the best I could find is this:

0167046B.jpg

Thanks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! There are news about "Corle":

On Thursday, 30th October, the Spanish Olympic Committee approved the logo (it took them more than one month) and now it's turn to the IOC's approval. Once the IOC approves the logo, the official website will be launch and I think it will have "Applicant City". By the moment, I haven't heard anything about the improval ;)

• 1 year later...

Just realized that Madrid may have 'borrowed' its hand-logo idea from the Deaflympics.

Read all about its logo -- pretty clever I think -- in: http://www.deaflympics.com/about/index.asp?ID=250

Here's how the Deaflympics logo is explained:

The logo, designed in 2003 by graphic design artist Ralph Fernandez, is a positive and powerful symbol of the international deaf sports community. It ties together strong elements: Sign language, deaf and international cultures, unity and continuity.

The hand shapes, "ok", "good", and "great" that overlap each other in a circle, represent the original sign for "deaflympics". Together, the hand shapes represent the sign for "united".

The center of the logo represents the iris of the eye, which defines deaf people as visual people; they must use their eyes to communicate.

The logo incorporates the four colors of the national flags of the world. The red, blue, yellow and green represent the four regional confederations – the Asia Pacific Deaf Sports Confederation, the European Deaf Sports Organization, the Pan American Deaf Sports Organization and the Confederation of African Deaf Sports.

Just realized that Madrid may have 'borrowed' its hand-logo idea from the Deaflympics.

Read all about its logo -- pretty clever I think -- in: http://www.deaflympics.com/about/index.asp?ID=250

Eing?????? JAJAJAJJAJAJAJJAJAJAJA dónde le ves el parecido????? en el fondo blanco????? :lol: jajajajja madre mía como se hulen ya la derrota que hechan mano de imaginación para atacar a Madrid 2016 jajajajajjaja

Hola Madrid 2016

This is a bit more interesting:

Mandela Day

http://mandeladay.com/

bgHeader1080_r3b.png

Haven't been able to figure out how long the logo's been used, though.

CHItown '16

A hand is hardly exclusive to one group however.

Madrid's logo sums up the motto " the games with the human touch".

By that standard, Chicago's logo must be ripping off the L.A 1984 Star or any logo which has a star.

Eing?????? JAJAJAJJAJAJAJJAJAJAJA dónde le ves el parecido????? en el fondo blanco????? :lol: jajajajja madre mía como se hulen ya la derrota que hechan mano de imaginación para atacar a Madrid 2016 jajajajajjaja

Hola Madrid 2016

Please, speak english ! We are here in an international forum....

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA I speak in the lenguage that I want if you don't undertand spanish is your problem...

Sigue con tu berborre cotidiana contra Madrid. Ahora es el logo y mañana será otra cosa. Ya no sabeis que hacer para atacar a Madrid 2016 porque Rio sabe que es el rival más difícil.

Best regards

Hola Madrid 2016

He asks where Baron can see the similarities between Madrid's logo and the one of the Deaflympics, maybe in the white background.

He also says that some people are so afraid of Madrid winning that they make up whatever it takes to attack its bid.

What I think is that the logo is very simple, but I think the same of Chicago's and even Tokyo's. However, they're just bid logos that would be changed if any of these cities won the rights to host the Games.

• 1 month later...
That stupid waving hand logo with the "I feel it in my bones" tagline banner ad on the front page just creeps me out!

Theres an advert running on TV from Madrid2016 where Madrid natives and Spanish celebrities are all saying that catchphrase " I feel it in my bones". I always have a chuckle when the old guy in the film says it - I don't think he's talkin about the Olympics but rather just his arthritis! :lol:

Theres an advert running on TV from Madrid2016 where Madrid natives and Spanish celebrities are all saying that catchphrase " I feel it in my bones". I always have a chuckle when the old guy in the film says it - I don't think he's talkin about the Olympics but rather just his arthritis! :lol:

Unlikely :lol: The sentence in Spanish is not "I feel it in my bones" (Lo siento en mis huesos) but "I have a hunch" (Tengo una corazonada).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived