2007 Irb Rugby World Cup

i expect robbie deans will be a favourite for the top job. I personally would rather see Graham Henry stay in the top job but i cant see that happening

And the Aussies are after him too _ he's apparently top of the list for the replacement of John Connolly as head of the Wallabies, and would be the first non-Australian coach IF we manage to snare him (and that's suree gonna help Oz-NZ relations!).

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fijians have played brilliantly at this world cup! They pushed south africa right to the end... Im picking a South Africa v France Final.

I was aware Australia is after deanes. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Who else is up for the Australian top job?

The Fijians have played brilliantly at this world cup! They pushed south africa right to the end... Im picking a South Africa v France Final.

I was aware Australia is after deanes. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Who else is up for the Australian top job?

He's certainly the top name being bandied about _ the rest are various assistant coaches already on the Wallabies staff, NSW coach Ewan McKenzie and Auckland Blues coach David Nucifora.

He's certainly the top name being bandied about _ the rest are various assistant coaches already on the Wallabies staff, NSW coach Ewan McKenzie and Auckland Blues coach David Nucifora.

ah intersting how about Henry?

i cant see a non kiwi coach of the all blacks any time soon

Honestly I don't wan't to see him go. I still think he is the best man for the job. I would be surprised if Robbie took the post in Australia over NZ.

<_< Warren Gatland and Robby Deans are touted as the next coach, but I suppose we all have to wait untill the vanquished team arrives home on Wednesday morning, an Graham Henrys explanation.

All day it's been a country wanting blood! And they will get it. :angry:

Here's hoping for a France-Argentina final _ I wouldn't mind who won out of those!

It's really difficult to pick a winner now. I think most of us would accept that England will be heavy underdogs going into next Saturday's semi-final against France and that they need to raise their game. But, few gave us a chance against the Wallabies, so that's nothing new. And, we blew two or three good try-scoring chances, so the more open rugby is starting to come from us.

Plus, the French are going to be under enormous pressure. After beating the All Blacks, that nation expects success and, if England can hold onto them for 30 minutes or so, the crowd will start to get on their backs like they always seem to do. Those who wrote England off before the quarter-final surely do so at their peril now.

As for the other semi-final, Argentina are going to have to improve on what they showed last night against Scotland. South Africa looked to me like potential winners against England, but defensive frailties were exposed against both Fiji and Tonga. I can't really see anything other than the Springboks in the final, but Argentina showed what they can do against Ireland and a repeat of that should make for a very close game.

Logically, it should be a France v South Africa final. But logic has gone out of the window.

Logically, it should be a France v South Africa final. But logic has gone out of the window.

Exactly _ I'm sure that's what the bookmakers are planning on. But as I said in an earlier post, upsets are the spice of such tournaments and this one has delivered them in spades. I'm actually a lot more interested in it now than I was a week ago.

Well, Faster better shout us all a round of drinks if his $100 on France comes up good!

i reckon!!! Very handy bet to have at this stage i must say. Does anyone no the current odds?

I extend my sympathies to all of you fans of the All-Blacks and the Wallabies. I too predicted an All-Blacks RWC title.

The NZ public and the media, if they ever saw the team set foot in NZ, will be wanting to hurl a massive blue streak at them upon their arrival.

TAB Sportbet in Oz has, to win the Cup:

South Africa $2.20

France $2.40

England $7

Argentina $8

very interesting... Predicting a South Africa v France final. but definately argentina and england could spring a suprise and take their semis out!

I would like to see a Argentina-France final, personally, but logically it will be South Africa-France (whit England having a great chance of making it too).

About the beat, there is no odds, just a beat between friends. So if I win its just 100 dollars. We each picked two teams (him New Zealand and Australia me France and South Africa), if your first team wins its 100 dollars if you second its 50. We do this for pretty much every sporting event, usually results in one paying for the others drinks at the bar afterwards.

About the beat, there is no odds, just a beat between friends. So if I win its just 100 dollars. We each picked two teams (him New Zealand and Australia me France and South Africa), if your first team wins its 100 dollars if you second its 50. We do this for pretty much every sporting event, usually results in one paying for the others drinks at the bar afterwards.

sounds like fun!

Wow, you've done well. Odds on both your teams will be in the final. I bet your mate's kicking himself. :lol:

Archived