2007 Irb Rugby World Cup

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations South Africa

(i feel so dirty saying that) ;)

:mellow: Why???... The Cup is south of the equator again.

Looking at the four teams this last week, one can easly see that THEY were the sides to beat!

New Zealand simply would've been demolished today. As we move on to 2011, the NZ Government has already prepairing for the event, and don't expect to see the All Blacks name up in lights anytime soon...We must realise that this is now a TRULY international event.

There are times when you have to hold your hands up and simply say you were beaten by a better side. This is one of those times. As much as the officials had an absolute shocker, as much as Mark Cueto's try should have stood, the Boks have been the best side in the tournament.

<_< Well...ha ha...I..Feel...somewhat humbled, steve-0. ;)

umm no not quite alex. btw whats with this steve-zero thing u keep calling me? nzolympic is just fine.

I have to say I found that match to be pretty dull. Not having a go at the teams just that the games wasn’t the most thrilling, abit of an anti-climax to the world cup.

But I guess South Africans you beg to differ.

umm no not quite alex. btw whats with this steve-zero thing u keep calling me? nzolympic is just fine.

Apologies to you nzolympic, I didn't mean to offend, I picked up the other name from previous threads, I shall stop using it and use nzolympic...

...Likewise you using Alexjc88, thanks.

Congratulations to the Springboks on winning the Rugby World Cup for the second time! They really were the most consistent team in it. Let the Yarpies yap about it all over.

This is what England deservedly gets for beating New Zealand and France and knocking off the Wallabies in the last final.

On a more somber note (and I think Mo Rush knows what I'm talking about here), I would like to think that the Springboks dedicated their RWC win in memory of South African reggae legend Lucky Dube who was murdered in a botched hijacking right after dropping his teenage kids at a friend's home in the Johannesburg area Thursday.

Archived