2007 Irb Rugby World Cup

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be careful with that chip on your shoulder if I were you.

But its true though, when Scotland beat France (the runners up at the world cup) in Paris, it was overshaddowed by Englands win against Israel. That win made headline news weras Scotlands win which seen them go top of a group that has the World Champions, Runners up, and quarter finalists in it, got a little 2 min mention.

We are British too, yet it was seen as being more important to report on Englands win rather than ours even tho we pay the same lisence fee as south of the border, and our win was a bigger achievment.

But its true though, when Scotland beat France (the runners up at the world cup) in Paris, it was overshaddowed by Englands win against Israel. That win made headline news weras Scotlands win which seen them go top of a group that has the World Champions, Runners up, and quarter finalists in it, got a little 2 min mention.

We are British too, yet it was seen as being more important to report on Englands win rather than ours even tho we pay the same lisence fee as south of the border, and our win was a bigger achievment.

To a certain extent you are right, but it's only because the majority of viewers are English. On the other hand, most of the football roundups on the qualifying have saved Scotland till last as it was the best achievement. Sometimes, I just think you only see what you want to see... At least you could watch the Scotland match on terrestial cos you could only watch the England match on Sky this week!!! Shame that BOTH lost. I still cheered you on :(

Yeah the Georgia game was on tv, BBC 2 THO. The France game was only on SKY. BUT, on the same night BBC1 had the England game, and ITV had the england rugby game at the same time. I dont have sky sports so culdnt see the scotland game. Why culdnt the BBC put the Scotland game on instead as it was a bigger national fixture. Again as most times it was down to complete unfair bias.

Anyway, back to the Rugby. Whatever happens tomorrow night, Lancaster is going to go crazy cos Brian Ashton went to school here. Shame I'm not going out really! :( It would have been even better if he hadn't have dropped Magnus Lund cos he went to the same school - ironically!

We are British too

Why support South Africa then?

Sorry, I don't mean to get at you and I guess Scotland does get a raw deal some of the time, but I find it weird that Scots never support England whilst us English normally like to see Scotland do well. Just all seems a bit petty. I guess it's always been that way with sports in this country. Ah, well.

I hope we can agree on one thing; it'd be great to see Lewis Hamilton crowned World Champion this weekend. Big weekend of sport coming up...

Yeah the Georgia game was on tv, BBC 2 THO. The France game was only on SKY. BUT, on the same night BBC1 had the England game, and ITV had the england rugby game at the same time. I dont have sky sports so culdnt see the scotland game. Why culdnt the BBC put the Scotland game on instead as it was a bigger national fixture. Again as most times it was down to complete unfair bias.

Sometimes it's not about who is playing, but which TV station bids the most. Until recently tha was usualy Sky. I am hoping things are getting better as more games have been on BBC1. With more digital channels than ever before, hopefully games will be on more than 1 terrestial channel and we can all be happy. At the end of the day it is all about money. The TV stations will always choose England over Scotland etc if they can cos they ge more viewers. It may not be right, but hopefully things will change. <_<

Yeah absolutely, Lewis Hamilto has done amazing and deserves his victory.

Im not supporting South Africa as such, to be honest if England win, thanks to the media we will never hear the end of it lol a bit like 1966

It will be a deserved win dont get me wrong as the players have worked hard.

I think its just always been a rivalry thing

I blame the media lol

Yeah absolutely, Lewis Hamilto has done amazing and deserves his victory.

Im not supporting South Africa as such, to be honest if England win, thanks to the media we will never hear the end of it lol a bit like 1966

It will be a deserved win dont get me wrong as the players have worked hard.

I think its just always been a rivalry thing

I blame the media lol

lol well if we stop going on about '66, will you guys stop talking about Archie's goal? ;)

Why support South Africa then?

Sorry, I don't mean to get at you and I guess Scotland does get a raw deal some of the time, but I find it weird that Scots never support England whilst us English normally like to see Scotland do well. Just all seems a bit petty. I guess it's always been that way with sports in this country. Ah, well.

I hope we can agree on one thing; it'd be great to see Lewis Hamilton crowned World Champion this weekend. Big weekend of sport coming up...

I guess it's just that big and little neighbour thing, like Oz and NZ and the US and Canada. England sees Scotland as a natural partner, Oz sees NZ as like itself, The USA sees Canada as a little version of itself. While on the other hand, Scotland, NZ and Canada define themselves as NOT being them.

I guess it's just that big and little neighbour thing, like Oz and NZ and the US and Canada. England sees Scotland as a natural partner, Oz sees NZ as like itself, The USA sees Canada as a little version of itself. While on the other hand, Scotland, NZ and Canada define themselves as NOT being them.

:angry: TOO BL**DY RIGHT!

Anyway I'm Backing ENGLAND, simply because they have had the hardest road to travel, since 2003!

Also if England win, this will shut the British media up once and for all, and finally put them on side.

You'd have to feel sorry for the England football team if their Rugby counterparts pull off the unbelievable... :huh:

Well, congratulations SOUTH AFRICA.

Yes, I was going for England, and would have loved to see them achieve it, but no-one can say the Boks weren't deserving _ the best team throughout the tournament (apart from a scare against a pumpde-up Fiji team with nothing to lose).

Well done to both teams, and now on to 2011.

That's why it's a RWC Final Game...

No One Gives Ground!!!!

Yeah, that's why I thought England would have had a chance _ defence usually wins most finals, and England was amongst the best.

Still, for the attacking rugby proponent, the Bokkies win would be well deserved.

Archived