2007 Irb Rugby World Cup

:unsure: Gosh Semi Finals time...so...so.so...strange...weird...NZ not there to be knocked out this weekend! :lol:

The organisers of 2011 have asked for calm as NZ goes through the emotions of another All BlacK failure...

This time, instead of grief, New Zealanders have a sense of irony about this cup, and some of the best jokes have really made people laugh at the All Blacks, NZRU, and the Government! But worse is the fact that NZ is now hosting the next cup with a rather hollow feel to it - i.e not as defending champs! (ironically only Australia can claim that.)

This is where the anger begins to set in, watching the STAGE MANAGED arrival of the team into Christchurch (and to a lesser extent Auckalnd) with "rugby supporters" know doubt drafted from the "freinds and family" pool of supporters, listening to the players and coaching staff trying to justify what went SO horribly wrong in Cardiff, is nausiating to say the least...And blaming the ref is NO EXCUSE!

By Christmas we will know what the future will hold for rugby in NZ...A code that is now fatuiged and boring, with a support base for the Super 14 comp that really needs to grow again, and players that are not wrapped in cotton wool.

Players of this failed cup are now being cold shouldered, the price to pay for promising much and delivering nothing...

As I did say...Prancing around the South of France was always going to give this team the 1999 curse.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) First finalist found:

England 14

France 9

A real hard slogg of a match with the usuall match winning Wilkinson magic at the end - twice!

From the look of the England players, I think even they can't believe it! Considering what they were like four weeks ago.

:) Although South Africa looks like a shoe-in for tomorrow...Wouldn't it be great if Argentina pulls of an upset?

Still the 3rd-4th playoff looks to be just as good as the final.

It's just a shame we've had to wait this long for this WC to finally come alive!

I hope the IRB does something about it.

I just can't believe England have actually reached the Final after the drubbing they took from South Africa in their opening match! :huh:

It would be AMAZING if they were actually to win again in Paris next Saturday and retain the title!! :lol:

Fantastic result, real exciting event of a rugby match! Neither side deserved to lose that one.

Wilkinson came good when it mattered, which is the sign of a world class player. BRING ON THE FINAL, I can't wait!

HUGE weekend for English sport next weekend. Rugby world cup final and the Brazilian Grand Prix! Give me the remote!

_44175087_wilkinson_get_270.jpg_44169402_hamilton203.jpg

Has that really happened? Or am I going to wake up in a minute? I heard most of the game on the radio while on the road back from Wembley and sprinted into the house to see the last few minutes. I was already on Plan B for next weekend and I think that's going out of the window now as well. What a night.

:) I'm backing England if they have to face up to South Africa,

It's simple: England was written off after the 2003 victory, The press abused them, They got rolled sooo many times by stronger international teams, They were no-hopers when they arrived in France five weeks ago, South Africa hammered them so hard that they were written off immediatly - even by many on this forum, and then Tonga nearly sent them home...Something happened within a week, Australia was first to fall shortly after...ENGLAND FINALLY BELIEVED!!!!

Go England!!!

Make History, you've erned it!

I didn't really understand the French tactics. Listening to the game on the radio, it seemed as though England were playing the more open rugby. We defended for our lives when we had to and eventually put the points on the board.

This has been a truly astonishing turnaround. Nobody could possibly have predicted that we would be in a final after the way we were hammered by South Africa. I don't know how they've done it. I can't quite believe that they have done it. But do it they have and who can dare to write us off now.

Now, if anyone knows anyone who has two spare tickets for the Stade de France next Saturday night, please send them in my direction.

It's usually the way with England,isn't it? We only tend to perform well at anything if our backs are against the wall and everyone has written us off.Then we come out fighting...just to show everybody! But once we start to act like the favourites and everyone else treats us as favourites and a shoo-in etc. then disaster strikes and we woefully under-perform!!

So getting hammered out of sight by the South Africans in their first match was just the kind of spur England always seem to need to get them to raise their level.Taking each game as it comes and playing like they have nothing to lose.Next thing you know,they're in the Final again!!

We English just love thinking of ourselves as the underdogs.We perform best when no one expects anything better from us!

It would just be magical to face South Africa again next Saturday and reverse the humiliation of a few weeks ago.A real fairy-tale ending of the kind we English so often love to fantasize about!!! :lol:

So Argentina's fairy tale ends. Pity, it was good to see them reach so far and they should be very happy with their achievement. I really hope the game can continue to go from strength to strength there now _ first step is to have them join SANZA and form a Four nations championship.

So on to next week. I like Felipe's verduict _ true champions win when they have to, and England have shown the grit and dedication needed of champions. I sure hope they become the first nation to win back-to-back World Cups.

Anyway, I just can't stand the thought of the Yaarpies winning!

Archived