2007 Irb Rugby World Cup

LOL, Thats ridiculous rols, the government will not loose support over this.

I've seen news analysis features talking about the "All Blacks" effect on incumbent governments at election. But anyway the point is, of course, that it is ridiculous if a football match can effect politics. But in any country it does affect the national mood, and I know how much you guys hunger after a WC.

I hope you do all get over it quickly. It IS just a game. And when you surely do crack through to get that bloody Webb Ellis Cup, it'll be more the sweeter.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen news analysis features talking about the "All Blacks" effect on incumbent governments at election. But anyway the point is, of course, that it is ridiculous if a football match can effect politics. But in any country it does affect the national mood, and I know how much you guys hunger after a WC.

I hope you do all get over it quickly. It IS just a game. And when you surely do crack through to get that bloody Webb Ellis Cup, it'll be more the sweeter.

thats right it is only a game... We will move on and look to the next sporting event. But yes i have seen the analysis of how all blacks affect politics. The prime example was in 1999 when the ABs lost to the french in the semi finals. The National Party of the time immediately dropped a few % points following the game. They ended up losing that election

It does effect the national mood but saying it effect politic, with an election over a year away, is a tad extreme. I mean we have had Uncle Helen for the last 2 world cup........omg its all her/his fault. ;)

The National Party of the time immediately dropped a few % points following the game. They ended up losing that election

Oh and heres me thinking Jenny Shiply had something to do with it. Yeah it will put the nation in abit of a cynical mood for a week or two, but swaying an election? I mean we kiwis are nutty but honestly lol

It does effect the national mood but saying it effect politic, with an election over a year away, is a tad extreme. I mean we have had Uncle Helen for the last 2 world cup........omg its all her/his fault. ;)

Oh and heres me thinking Jenny Shiply had something to do with it. Yeah it will put the nation in abit of a cynical mood for a week or two, but swaying an election? I mean we kiwis are nutty but honestly lol

yea we are rather a nutty bunch lol

Well, I wouldn't mind if the Wallabies lost if it helped turf Johnny Howard out.

<_<

The trouble here is half the bloody country in the AFL states probably weren't even aware there was a match between Australia and England on.

oh well, thats their loss.

P.S, (Old Johnny surely can't be on the way to his..what, 57th term as pm?)

P.S, (Old Johnny surely can't be on the way to his..what, 57th term as pm?)

Johnny's starting to look a bit terminal now, and the election's imminent. But I dont wanna get too confident yet _ the old bastard's pulled rabbits out of his hat before.

I'm as superstitious about Johnny and elections as a Kiwi is about the ABs at the WC.

Johnny's starting to look a bit terminal now, and the election's imminent. But I dont wanna get too confident yet _ the old bastard's pulled rabbits out of his hat before.

I'm as superstitious about Johnny and elections as a Kiwi is about the ABs at the WC.

hahaha yea i think mr howard has done his dash! I really cant see him coming back from this one

I was shocked when I heard the AB had lost :( How could they let a 13-3 advantage slip away? I was so hoping you'd take that golden cup...

well we will just have to wait another four years to take the golden cup!

<_< Embarrasingly the next RWC is in NZ! Lucky, because we'd have to qualify for the next tourament!!!

By weeks end, most of the supporters gear in shops would be all knocked down in price, so we can grab a bargin!

TV 3 is aready feeling the brunt of a drop in viewship today as the Bathurst 1000 is on.

Have just heared on the radio that Helen Clarke is being blamed for todays loss. She is a curse at events, and unpopular to boot. So the backlash has started! :(

<_< Embarrasingly the next RWC is in NZ! Lucky, because we'd have to qualify for the next tourament!!!

By weeks end, most of the supporters gear in shops would be all knocked down in price, so we can grab a bargin!

TV 3 is aready feeling the brunt of a drop in viewship today as the Bathurst 1000 is on.

Have just heared on the radio that Helen Clarke is being blamed for todays loss. She is a curse at events, and unpopular to boot. So the backlash has started! :(

The top 3 in every group qualify, New Zealand did that.

Political analysts in this country have spent plenty of time over the past 37 years wondering if England's defeat to West Germany in the 1970 World Cup cost Harold Wilson a general election victory, so I wouldn't discount anything.

Breaking news coming from New Zealand, where their union have said Graham Henry will be replaced as coach by the end of the year. So Kiwis, who's in the frame?

i expect robbie deans will be a favourite for the top job. I personally would rather see Graham Henry stay in the top job but i cant see that happening

well we will just have to wait another four years to take the golden cup!

I hope we get the opportunity to play another RWC in NZ! Such great fans the Kiwis B)

Hola todos, I have decided that I am Argentine for the next 2 weeks. Arriba los Pumas!

Argentina 19:13 Scotland ;)

So it'll be North vs. South (hemispheres) in the final once again.

Archived