2007 Irb Rugby World Cup

:unsure: Yeah...2011, all of a sudden it doesn't so great now....Oh yeah, and the Government might as well take down that STUPID oversized rugby ball in front of the Effiel Tower...Waste of taxpayers dollars!!!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:unsure: Yeah...2011, all of a sudden it doesn't so great now....Oh yeah, and the Government might as well take down that STUPID oversized rugby ball in front of the Effiel Tower...Waste of taxpayers dollars!!!

haha yea that bloody rugby ball lol... Helen was there with peter but she didnt bring us any good luck for the game lol

haha yea that bloody rugby ball lol... Helen was there with peter but she didnt bring us any good luck for the game lol

I saw her in the stadium during the anthems and thought "what a bad luck symbol" to have in the crowd. Roll on elections 2008!

fuuck fuuck FUUUUUUUUUUUK. These fuucking French, they are useless all the fuucking time but they just pull it out of there fuucking arses when they fuucking need it. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

The fucking nation salutes you.

Now we are on for a week on French bashing in some of UK "newpapers" (and even more if we defeat England).

Now we are on for a week on French bashing in some of UK "newpapers" (and even more if we defeat England).

:angry: Just make sure you DON'T lose to England!!!! You'll probibly find NZ supporting France if you make it to the final.

I saw her in the stadium during the anthems and thought "what a bad luck symbol" to have in the crowd. Roll on elections 2008!

yea i thought so to... labour should drop in the polls lol as happened with national in 1999. Helen is bad luck all round

yea i thought so to... labour should drop in the polls lol as happened with national in 1999. Helen is bad luck all round

See, that just shows how your priorities are whack in NZ. A government loses support because a frickin football team chokes. And I assume the share market will drop in Auckland tomorrow. C'mon, get some perspective _ it's a game!!! You've gotta learn not to have so much of your national esteem riding on the backs of the All Blacks. The pressure is just too, too cruel.

The best thing that ever happened to the Wallabies was having sh!t form and results in the lead up to the 2003 WC. There were no expectations on them, thus we could sit, relax and enjoy the tournament and get a pleasant surprise that the even made the final.

:angry: Just make sure you DON'T lose to England!!!! You'll probibly find NZ supporting France if you make it to the final.

Well, if England lose to France it's no biggy - at least we are guaranteed a Northern Hemisphere side in the final. Whilst it would be nice to win it back to back, it's always nice if someone new wins it! France are hosts as well - I'm sure they would love to emulate the 98 football world cup!

See, that just shows how your priorities are whack in NZ. A government loses support because a frickin football team chokes. And I assume the share market will drop in Auckland tomorrow. C'mon, get some perspective _ it's a game!!! You've gotta learn not to have so much of your national esteem riding on the backs of the All Blacks. The pressure is just too, too cruel.

The best thing that ever happened to the Wallabies was having sh!t form and results in the lead up to the 2003 WC. There were no expectations on them, thus we could sit, relax and enjoy the tournament and get a pleasant surprise that the even made the final.

yea thats right... o well the all blacks just need to rebuild from here and build up to 2011... the pressure is terrible but the all blacks should of delivered they had all the resources that were required to win but just couldnt do it... The media will be going nuts for the next few weeks in new zealand

True...This is the problem with NZ, it invests all it's emotions in this one team, there are more things to support and enjoy, in Tauranga it's a really nice day! :rolleyes:

Well, if England lose to France it's no biggy - at least we are guaranteed a Northern Hemisphere side in the final. Whilst it would be nice to win it back to back, it's always nice if someone new wins it! France are hosts as well - I'm sure they would love to emulate the 98 football world cup!

it just goes to show that you can never count out the french... After their loss to Argentina in the opening of the tournament they have really put it together and i think it will be a french v. south africa final... But dont listen to me lol my predictions have been all over the place lol

True...This is the problem with NZ, it invests all it's emotions in this one team, there are more things to support and enjoy, in Tauranga it's a really nice day! :rolleyes:

wish i could say the same about the weather here in wellington lol its crap!

it just goes to show that you can never count out the french... After their loss to Argentina in the opening of the tournament they have really put it together and i think it will be a french v. south africa final... But dont listen to me lol my predictions have been all over the place lol

I wouldn't worry, I don't think any of us could have predicted most of the results so far in this World Cup! lol :lol: Methinks there are more to come as well! Watch out South Africa!

Two wonderful games of rugby. I listened to most of the England v Australia match on BBC Radio while I was out at the football. Where that performance came from I'm not entirely sure, but what an effort it was. After all the rubbish that was being spouted from certain individuals within the Australian camp, that victory is incredibly sweet.

I watched France v New Zealand and really couldn't understand what the French were playing at in the first half as they tried to play this structured un-French game. It was only when they opened it up that they got back into the match. From my neutral perspective, New Zealand were given a proper test match for the first time in the tournament and they couldn't handle it.

Two great results. Well done to France, and bloody well done to England! Whatever happens from now is a bonus for us but it'd be good to beat the French on their own soil.

Ironic that one of the greatest results in recent French Rugby History during the World Cup in France was in Cardiff! LOL!

Despite my own team losing (grumble ... grrrr ....yeah, congrats England and all that ... grrr), the results so far have really added some spice to the end of the tournamant for me. Instead of grinding on to a inevitable NZ V SA final, we have an open tournament right now, and I'd be loathe to pick the winner.

We're certainly going to be underdogs next Saturday night at the Stade de France, but that doesn't bother me at all. It was just fantastic at Peterborough today to hear the crowd singing Swing Low as one as news trickled round the ground. I was listening to it and leapt up punching the air when the final whistle went.

Despite my own team losing (grumble ... grrrr ....yeah, congrats England and all that ... grrr), the results so far have really added some spice to the end of the tournamant for me. Instead of grinding on to a inevitable NZ V SA final, we have an open tournament right now, and I'd be loathe to pick the winner.

I apologise in advance for this, but I'm afraid I just can't resist it. With honour and respect to that Norwegian TV commentator:

John Howard, John O'Neill, Sir Robert Menzies, Sir Les Patterson, Dame Edna Everage, Ricky Ponting, David Campese can you hear me, David Campese

YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I'm going to enjoy this one.

We're certainly going to be underdogs next Saturday night at the Stade de France, but that doesn't bother me at all. It was just fantastic at Peterborough today to hear the crowd singing Swing Low as one as news trickled round the ground. I was listening to it and leapt up punching the air when the final whistle went.

I couldn't watch the England match so I had it on live update text on my laptop. At the end of the match, apparently when news trickled through to Cardiff, the NZ supporters started goading Australia by singing '4 more years!'. I thought then that they had better be careful as they weren't even there yet... Then when they lost, I couldn't help thinking about karma. There were a lot of Aussie and NZ fans posting on the BBC forums and goading the French and English... When England won the NZ supporters came on and said how they were going to whoop us in the semi-final... I am genuinely sorry for the fans on GB, but for THOSE supporters on the BBC forums and in Cardiff, I'm afraid all I can do is say 'pride comes before a fall...'

Well you guys deserve it. What can I say…we were out played. The French did what they do best The rise to the occasion. i don't think you will see any french bashing from kiwis, we are quite accustom to this feeling. Enjoy your victory mate, you deserve to celebrate.

the NX supporters started goading Australia by singing '4 more years!'. I thought then that they ahd better be careful as they weren't even there yet...

That would have been becasue at the last world cup George Gregan made a very same comment to Rubin Thorn at the 2003 World Cup. But yeah I have to agree, Karma she is a bi-atch. (of course not the good kind like you beth ;) )

nzolympic...get over it! and lay off the swears!

God let me have my grizzle for 2 seconds lol, ill be over it come tomorrow ;)

LOL, Thats ridiculous rols, the government will not loose support over this. Yeah people will be depressed and bummed for a couple of days but I mean we will get over it come next week (I mean lets face it we have come quite accustom to it over the years :P ) Lets be fair to the French here, it wasn't Pressure" which resulted in this loss. It was like a totally different team, these structured plays from the French, it think it threw the ABs. We weren't playing the with the flear we have seen in the past 4 years and this was our first real match of the tournament. We were out played, Just like in 2003, 1999, 1995 etc.

Yes there are a lot of expectations put on the All Blacks in New Zealand, but its just us, its the world media as well. But these men are professionals and as far as I am concerned that’s no excuse. We lost because we didn't front up where another team did.

I don't think it would matter, when ever we bowl out everybody is shocked. Even after every time lol

Ok, now that I've got that out of my system, I think we can all agree that that was one hell of a weekend of rugby, 2 killer matches and ultimately that's got to be good for the games and the world cup.

*tries to fathom a smile*

Archived