Closing Ceremony

Is there any news about Londons involvment in the closing ceremony. What form it might take ect.......... I remember Beijings performance three years ago and thought it gave us a good taste of what to expect in Beijiang. Lets hope London can do the same.

After the logo and brand unveiling, i'm expecting something really futurist, probably there will be disco and pop music at the handover, something like Manchester 2002 commonwealth games (or the funky parade of nations of Torino 2006)

I could care less about the ceremonies in general, but here's a list of bands that probably could be a part of London's handover:

Franz Ferdinand

Rachel Stevens

Girls Aloud

Paul Mccartney

I would be cool if Ozzy or Judas Priest were involved, but that will never happen (having seen Ozzy perfrom 2 weeks ago in KC, while he may not be as great as he once was, he's still awesome live. Amazing, he sings better than he speaks). If it did, many of their fans would cry, "Sell out!!!!", same thing for Lordi's original fans when they did the Eurovision thing, I'm sure they were pissed off and cried "SELL OUT!!!" when they did. Honestly, I'd rather they not be involved in such nonsense.

The handover segment will certainly have a very strong youthful touch: Lots of young dancers, skateboarders, rappers and so on. Perhaps (although I think this is pretty unlikely) it will also include or at least caricature traditional -- or should I say stereotype -- elements like Big Ben, the Foot Guards or the Routemasters. All in all, I'm afraid that it will be a rather embarrassing approach to youth culture, just like the logo.

Jeez, Lenric, r u going to be prognosticating and obsessing over every POSSIBLE Ceremonial detail between now and 8/08/08? :rolleyes: I commend your enthusiasm but there are a THOUSAND and ONE possibilities that could happen (I think I know most what will be -- and I've posted some on previous threads -- but I will keep most of them to myself) -- o it's like shooting fish in a barrel and wasting a lot of bandwidth.

"Spice Girls"? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Jeez, Lenric, r u going to be prognosticating and obsessing over every POSSIBLE Ceremonial detail between now and 8/08/08? :rolleyes: I commend your enthusiasm but there are a THOUSAND and ONE possibilities that could happen (I think I know most what will be -- and I've posted some on previous threads -- but I will keep most of them to myself) -- o it's like shooting fish in a barrel and wasting a lot of bandwidth.

I already said I am not going to say more, would you mind stop it?

Gosh~ are you in love with me? see you flying round me everywhere.......

You don't think so that's ur business. not mine. You do like whatever you like, don't tell me, tell other people.I am not interested in commenting anything from you. over~

Next thing we know, we will see the Eurythmics (Annie Lennox) come to Beijing and perform there.