Singapore 2010

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the offical website .

http://www.singapore2010.sg/

Eek, I did not just see the font Comic Sans in the website! :blink:

Typography and design issues aside, Singapore is my current favorite for the 2010 games. Quite a refreshing choice in the Asia-Pacific region (because it's been all about North Asia – China and Korea). I think it's nice to start the youth games in a compact city.

Some details were released to the press today .

Here are the proposed venues

Bishan Sports Hall

Bishan Stadium

Choa Chu Kang Stadium

East Coast Park

International Convention Centre

Integrated Education and Culture Programme

Jurong West Stadium

Kallang Cricket Field

Kallang Netball Centre

Kallang Tennis Centre

Marina Bay Floating Stadium

National Hockey Centre

*scape Youth Space

Singapore Indoor Stadium

Main Media Centre

Marina Reservoir

National Sailing Centre

Sentosa Siloso Beach

Singapore Sports School

Singapore Turf Riding School

Tampines Bike Park

Toa Payoh Sports Hall

Toa Payoh Swimming Centre

Youth Olympic Village

(Education & Culture Programme)

Youth Olympic Village

True , just goes to show you how useless the floating platform is . As for capacity , the IOC requirement for the YOGs are smaller compared to SOGs so thus the smaller venue .

that proves Singapore Showing off it knows how to do it better whereas it has weak sides. I have never see that floating platform to be impressive the first time I saw it on Tv, it's the stage that float only.

NYCD 2012, what do you have to say to that? That your countries erred too much on that for planning to organise youth Olympic games there.

that proves Singapore Showing off it knows how to do it better whereas it has weak sides. I have never see that floating platform to be impressive the first time I saw it on Tv, it's the stage that float only.

NYCD 2012, what do you have to say to that? That your countries erred too much on that for planning to organise youth Olympic games there.

Look just because I against the Abuja bid doesn't mean you can backstab me with an insult. However , I suggest you look at Singapore's website. They can provide something Abuja doesn't , VENUE INFORMATION. Btw , the floating stadia is only used for the ceremonies .

Look just because I against the Abuja bid doesn't mean you can backstab me with an insult. However , I suggest you look at Singapore's website. They can provide something Abuja doesn't , VENUE INFORMATION. Btw , the floating stadia is only used for the ceremonies .

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Oh my good God! What's this little boy gasping at! It's like he's so fed up of living in Singapore. Maybe I can allow him a couch in my guard's house.

O please , Your crappy mud hut is the last place on earth I would go .

Cool! I like the crappy mud hut and that's where your ambassador lives too! Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Fool for thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, I know this sounds very patronic (sp) but here are two programmes that the government will be doing in schools if S'pore wins the bid.

[*] Olympic Education - Students will learn about the olympic games, the values as well as its history

[*] Adopting a nation - Each High School in Singapore will "adopt" a nation and learn about it. I've been hearing some other plans about this but I can't tell you just yet.

Now, I know this sounds very patronic (sp) but here are two programmes that the government will be doing in schools if S'pore wins the bid.

[*] Adopting a nation - Each High School in Singapore will "adopt" a nation and learn about it. I've been hearing some other plans about this but I can't tell you just yet.

Otherwise called "One School, One Country" since the Nagano Games <_<

I smell some distraction from the Games bid by creating Olympic games school. What do you think Singapore is doing with that. To learn about Olympic games or the history of Olympic games,NYCD?

Sorry, that wouldn't add any thing to your bid. Singapore should stop acting like Abuja and face the reality, like the pre-requisite and put the necessary things reguired to have a good evaluations. Stop being outrageously pointing to uneccessary things--like the Olympic students, if you don't mind!.

I smell some distraction from the Games bid by creating Olympic games school. What do you think Singapore is doing with that. To learn about Olympic games or the history of Olympic games,NYCD?

Sorry, that wouldn't add any thing to your bid. Singapore should stop acting like Abuja and face the reality, like the pre-requisite and put the necessary things reguired to have a good evaluations. Stop being outrageously pointing to uneccessary things--like the Olympic students, if you don't mind!.

Oh poo ! Nobody asked you , faggot ! In case you didn't know this education programme was part of evaluation. Every city did it, even Moscow ! Acting like Abuja, oh please. Have you even seen any news about Singapore's bid outside of GB ? I doubt it ! <_< Good evaluation ? Do you need reading aid ?

If I knew any better, you supporting Moscow just because you want Singapore to lose and to even with me for Abuja loss. You want me to feel the way you felt when Abuja lost. Your support for Moscow is solely for anti-Singapore reason, I can bet you would support any city that is ahead of Singapore even if it was Glasgow or Tel Aviv !

I am sorry but I am not going have that feeling if Singapore loses ! After all, I don't go around like a maniac insulting supporters of rival bid. Nor do I criticise Singapore's rival bids !

If you have nothing better than to criticise Singapore here to do then get lost ! You won't be missed dearly, meathead :rolleyes:

That's one of your most ill-informed posts James.

First of all, Education & Culture is a very important part of the YOG, the IOC has been very specific about it.

Second, Singapore, given its high technical scores in many aspect of the IOC Expert Group evaluation, has obviously many of the requisites to host the YOG.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, James, I didn't care less about the YOGs up till now, but now you're starting to make me want to support Singapore. Actually, geographically and time-zone wise, Singapore would be the best for Oz.

If I knew any better he out deny Singapore the games.

I wish is possible to stick your ass game in the mud! Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Ride on guy, your are too young my boy yo start insulting your master, James. Anyway ain't mad at ya.

Do you really think Singapore would do better tha Moscow?

Singapore may not have as much experience as Moscow. But we hosted a better IOC session, no offence to the Russian members. And if actually took time to read the evaluation closely, Singapore isn't that far behind Moscow like you think they are.

An idiot would know you're not actually supporting Moscow. I bet you can't even name Moscow's main stadia or how far is their furterest venue. Your objective of this whole bid race is to see S'pore lose. In fact, if Singapore wasn't involve you wouldn't care less about this race. :rolleyes:

Singapore may not have as much experience as Moscow. But we hosted a better IOC session, no offence to the Russian members. And if actually took time to read the evaluation closely, Singapore isn't that far behind Moscow like you think they are.

An idiot would know you're not actually supporting Moscow. I bet you can't even name Moscow's main stadia or how far is their furterest venue. Your objective of this whole bid race is to see S'pore lose. In fact, if Singapore wasn't involve you wouldn't care less about this race. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY! You are right!

You can kiss my ass now that you've know my intention.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw your link I thought it was an unknow robot rocker...tan tan tantantantan 5x or so! Blaising the trail. I was expecting something also in singaporean language. Am not so much impressed.

Anyway, I would be happy if Singapore wins. There's still a big country for Singapore to contend with not only that the country is big but has experience. Just the way Glasgow has experience more than Abuja in the CWGs bid.