Nbc Press Release On 2008 Coverage

This is great news for those of us who put life on hold during the Games.

I'm one of those. I hope the Australian broadcast holder (Channel 7) has similar lavish coverage plans _ I'm sure they will, especially seeing this will be a games in my time zone and so therefore one to savour!

It's going to be tricky for us with both live and tape-delayed coverage. For instance, there might be something you want to watch live on the internet, but visiting the website at that time may reveal the result of a major tape-delayed event you wish to watch that evening in prime-time.

This is great news. Here in Canada, there will already be extensive coverage on CBC Canada and its affiliate channels. We also get NBC and most of its affiliate channels on our cable as well. Canadians will also be bombarded by everything Beijing Olympics come next year.

Unless Canada and the US boycott the Games (no doubt Lou Dobbs of CNN would love it if a boycott happened)...

Anyways, I figure to be working during the Games, so I may ask my mother or my sisters to do their bit with regard to the Games.

NBC has officially begun their promotion of Beijing 2008 today...it was featured on the Today Show with reports from Meredith Viera who went their a few weeks ago, the Olympic rings are back under their television logos, and I have seen several comemrcials already which feature NBC's logo for Beijing 2008, which is great...I am so excited for next year

It is no small coincidence that NBC's bringing back the Olympic rings as part of its logo bug with the one year countdown in effect. I too will be looking forward to putting my life on hold for 16 days next year. Makes me proud to be an Olympic junkie! Just hope they don't butcher the Opening ceremony like they did with Athens.

Also, tonight NBC Affiliates will be airing "The Olympic Zone" at 7:30 p.m. local time, which will give an in-depth look at Beijing and a preview of what will come in regards to Olympic coverage...also an Olympic "preview" has and will be on all news programs and the commercials are great...sorry but this just so exciting lol

I too would be interested in how other TV networks will unveil their plans in the coming year.

3600 hours +3000 of recap footage and interviews (how about an immense array archival footage from past Olympics to relive in their entirties?). This is something NBC should've done with Athens. Anyway, 3600 hours pretty much covers everything offered from BOBO. That is unlike what I witnessed since ABC recorded everything at LA 1984. Surely, NBC Universal will unveil their broadband coverage in more detail in the coming months--including, but not limited to, several streams of broadband to chose from. Hope they show the pre-games show. So, everybody, start stocking up on those Blu-ray DVDs to record. :D

I did not really like Katie myself.

3600 hours essentially completes more or less what BOB is going to broadcast (it's not BOBO I later found out) NBC Universal is going to do.

Speaking of the BBC, I read late last night from one of the BBC broadcasters' blogs who happens to be visiting Beijing mentioned that the BBC will air 2500 hours with 300 coming from BBC One and BBC Two and the bulk overwhelmingly on broadband and digital interactive.

I would like to know how NBC, MSNBC, USA, CNBC, and Telemundo is going to break it all down this time. Right away, the significant events like in swimming, diving, gymnastics, track and field, both ceremonies, and other stuff focusing on the US on NBC. CNBC will do boxing. USA I can see re-acquainting with Team USA sports. Telemundo will get involved of course in sports that will draw massive interests in the Latino community (soccer, boxing, baseball, softball, volleyball, track, some swimming an diving, and basketball involving Spanish-speaking nations). Surely Telemundo will get a boost in its Olympic coverage.

Michael Hiestand brings up interesting questions that NBC will have to deal with in this ambitious coverage: NBC networks to put Olympics to Internet and cable

I also found out that Canada's first Summer Olympic telecast was also Rome 1960 just like the US, done by the CBC of course with CBS providing the video footage. It was highlights package. Like to see how the CBC's going to deal with this. Surely Canada has to go broadband too--both English and French.

I got an idea: You know what we Americans can do. We perhaps can get together and do an Olympic DVD exchange with the record coverage coming. I know we're at the year-point and there's still many details for NBC yet to work on, but it's never too early to start planning to record. We can do it this way: for the many Americans among us (and ex-pats from other nation living here) we can designate what channel or stream we will record for the duration of the games. We trade and exchange as we make copies until we get all of the coverage we need. With all of the 3600 hours of coverage plus 3000+ highlights, I strongly suggest we should go with Blu-ray DVDs that are at least 50GB and must put on standard video not HD. NO buying or selling of the DVDs will be allowed. There will be amendments to it as we go along pertaining to foriegn coverage for example.