We Are Ready

To make the one year countdown of the opening of the 2008 Olmypic, yesterday the theme song (for the one year countdown) was released.

Listen to the song here:

http://en.beijing2008.cn/video/promotional/weareready/

Or watch the MTV here:

http://www.beijing2008.cn/video/promotiona...mtv/index.shtml

I'm very proud to say that, this song is complied and written by two very famous pop-musicans of HONG KONG. One of them is Oscar awardee.

In the song, many singers are come from HONG KONG, the Hollywood and heart of pop-culture of the Chinese world. Many other singers are come from mainland and Taiwan.

The song is mainly for the internal promotion, so there's only a Chinese version. According to the news, the official theme of the game is still under recuitment.

HERE IN BEIJING (i'm studying in Beijing now), recently many signposts were set up for the pre-test competitions "Good Luck Beijing". These events will be a full rehersal of the game next year.

And there're many lovely advestiments series set up by TOP sponsors on the street too.

Can't wait to see, we are ready!

I have to say I don't like it~honestly, I would rather put some of the greatest Chinese classical music piece fused with modern pace than this kind of plain and boring commercial song.~ .............I cannot find any great Chinese culture in there and also you cannot really dance with it.

This song is definitly not my cup of tea......sorry. :mellow:

I have to say I don't like it~honestly, I would rather put some of the greatest Chinese classical music piece fused with modern pace than this kind of plain and boring commercial song.~ .............I cannot find any great Chinese culture in there and also you cannot really dance with it.

This song is definitly not my cup of tea......sorry. :mellow:

Well it has to appeal to a large base, not just China and Beijing. This song and celebration is to get the world's attention that the Olympics are just a year away. There saving the classical and Chinese Heritage for the Opening Ceremony, and in my opinion, I liked the song. ;) Very peppy and catchy. "WE ARE READY....WOOOOOO!!!! :P

I hope that they come up with something far better for the Games theme. The organisers seem to have a preference for pretty schmaltzy tunes sounding as if they're from the past decade. That makes me fear the worst. I'd like something modern and emotional in a more elegant sense, and of course something that reflects the host nation -- and not such trash that chums up to what the organisers believe is Western pop culture. Katie Melua's "One Million Bicycles in Beijing" was more catchy and inventive than this one.

I hope that they come up with something far better for the Games theme. The organisers seem to have a preference for pretty schmaltzy tunes sounding as if they're from the past decade. That makes me fear the worst. I'd like something modern and emotional in a more elegant sense, and of course something that reflects the host nation -- and not such trash that chums up to what the organisers believe is Western pop culture. Katie Melua's "One Million Bicycles in Beijing" was more catchy and inventive than this one.

YOu got my idea, look back to Athens ones, such as <PASS THE FLAME> and <Oceania> by Bejok, they are really modern as kind of mystic or symbolic. At least, look at the history of Olympics, how many countries from the the East ever hold the games? I meant if you olympic guys do really think Olympic games is about the share of different cultures and an universal celebration, why do we have to follow kind of western fashion all the time rather than to explore the beauty from the East once? The size as big as the whole Europe, China could be recognized as the one of the oldest, richest and most wonderful civilizations on this planet. why couldn't the music escape the influence of Rock n Roll? Hear the vocals in the style of Blues and R&B~ crap~~~~~~~you are ready for what? ready for the American parents to adopt more Chinese childen away? That's not kind of cultural boycott, but where is your confidence and personality of China?

Well it would make a great song for the Eurovision Song Contest. Listened today, forgotten tomorrow. Very kitschy and not my taste at all. I would habe been very pleased if Beijing had created a modern, authentic song with traditional elements. But i share your feelings Pui...

Then title reminds me of a story from the Sydney 2000 bid campaign (as told by Rod McGeoch in his book, "The Bid"). early on when they were devising a campaign slogan, "We're Ready!" was one of the front-running suggestions. But ultimately it wwas rejected. As McGeoch explained it, it was a temptation for disaster and could well backfire if anything wasn't ready _ it would be too easy to make fun of the bid or the games if they didn't live up to the slogan.

Not that I'd suggest Beijing won't be ready!

Why? What do the lyrics mean? Does it contain such trivial, cheesy stuff like "We welcome the world, we stand united in perfect harmony"? ;)

yup. it's basically like Light the Fire Within or the Power of a Dream, but even cornier.

Well, seems that there's a BIG MISUNDERSTANDING here! This song is just the theme song for the 1 year countdown event! It is NOT the theme of the game itself!!!

We know that it's only the theme for the one year countdown. Only Gamesbids.com misinterpreted the song as the Games' theme in its news section.