The Passion That Lives In Pyeongchang

Andrew8

The 2014 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang will be a guaranteed successful Olympics, as the Korean people will put their HEART and SOUL into organizing the event...

Here are some pics collected throughout the waiting process, to show that PASSION that is an undeniable characteristic that goes along with the PC 2014 bid Campaign...

Photo_966.jpgPhoto_982.jpg

Photo_988.jpgPhoto_990.jpg

board_20361_2428.JPGboard_18254_1801.JPG

board_18710_1959.jpgboard_19948_2307.jpg

board_19620_2248.jpgboard_19535_2229.jpg

The 2014 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang will be a guaranteed successful Olympics, as the Korean people will put their HEART and SOUL into organizing the event...

Nice work with the photos Andrew!

Also, I agree with what you said and I don't doubt it for a second. After spending time in PyeongChang County just a month and a half ago, I know just how much these people want the Winter Games. They truly believe they have much to offer to the Olympic Movement and to sport and peace in general.

Only 2 more days~ more recent pics of people getting ready for the announcment of the next winter Olympic host~

20077119353418750.jpg20070701013S.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My dear friend who was on the Pyeonchang bid team told me after it was all over 'I don't know what the heck happened.' There was some talk in Guatemala City that they didn't 'hobnob' and engage IOC members as much as the Austrians and Russians did. But all the polls show all 3 cities were in a dead heat. IIRC, no lowest rated bid by the IOC has ever won a Winter Games. If you people were shocked, think of how us in GC felt. It was the talk of the whole hotel.

I will be talking to her this week just to see how she's doing. We had dinner the night before she went back home and she told me it 'was too early' to think about another bid, that everyone was still too upset to think straight and they wanted to get back home, rest up and assess the situation for the future.

They can't afford to make hasty, emotional decisions. They have to look brutally at what they can do to come back stronger next time, if indeed there is a next time.

It seems clear that the Pyeongchang bid team thought they had a great chance, but there have been so many host city elections down the years which show us nothing is ever to be taken for granted in these processes.

They can't afford to make hasty, emotional decisions. They have to look brutally at what they can do to come back stronger next time, if indeed there is a next time.

It seems clear that the Pyeongchang bid team thought they had a great chance, but there have been so many host city elections down the years which show us nothing is ever to be taken for granted in these processes.

Getting caught red handed shoving all the world's bad press about Russia under members doors at the hotel probably wasnt the best idea.

Mind you, had PC won there would have been a massive sh1tfight about Samsung which would have put some members in very difficult positions and risked spoiling JRs legacy.

Hiring actors to deliver the presentation was probably the most shortsighted idea though.

Archived