Pick The Winner!

Sir Rols

* First out _ Salzburg

* Two rounds

* PC to win.

Round by round

1st round _ Pyeongchang 45, Sochi 37, Salzburg 20

2nd round _ PyeongChang 56, Sochi 49

On many occasions, I find myself in disagreement with you, but here I feel your prediction is VERY close.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...my two pennyworth (voting figs based on the presumption that all eligible members will vote):

Round 1:

Pyeongchang 40,Sochi 35,Salzburg 27 (Pyeongchang narrowly leads,Salzburg eliminated).

Round 2:

Sochi 55,Pyeongchang 50.(Sochi picks up most of Salzburg's votes and narrowly wins!).

A close one like 2012 and with almost the same final voting tally!! B)

Sochi 55,Pyeongchang 50.(Sochi picks up most of Salzburg's votes and narrowly wins!).

I rather expect that all former Salzburg supporters would rather support a non-European candidate (i.e. Pyeongchang) in the second round. It's because probably they'll say "If Salzburg can't win, I want that the city (or another Austrian/European city) has at least a chance in four years". So they might want to prevent that a European city (i.e. Sochi) wins.

I rather expect that all former Salzburg supporters would rather support a non-European candidate (i.e. Pyeongchang) in the second round. It's because probably they'll say "If Salzburg can't win, I want that the city (or another Austrian/European city) has at least a chance in four years". So they might want to prevent that a European city (i.e. Sochi) wins.

That's a possibility of course and you may well be right.But also there may be a feeling that it is Russia's time to host a Winter Games and that if Salzburg does miss out for the second time in a row,then they may as well let the Russians have their chance in 2014 and concede 2018 to someone else!

1st Round (102 votes)

* Sochi - 38

* Salzburg - 25

* PyeongChang - 39

2nd Round (105 votes)

* Sochi - 55

* PyeongChang - 50

We now know that 97 IOC members will be able to vote in the first round, so I'll adjust my predicitons:

1st Round (97 votes)

* Sochi - 37

* Salzburg - 22

* PyeongChang - 38

2nd Round (100 votes)

* Sochi - 52

* PyeongChang - 48

Okay, here are my detailed predictions:

1st round: Sochi 42, PC 39, Salzburg 21

2nd round: PC 59, Sochi 46

Well, new numbers available, so:

1st round: Sochi 40, PC 37, Salzburg 20

2nd round: PC 56, Sochi 44

Okay...my two pennyworth (voting figs based on the presumption that all eligible members will vote):

Round 1:

Pyeongchang 40,Sochi 35,Salzburg 27 (Pyeongchang narrowly leads,Salzburg eliminated).

Round 2:

A close one like 2012 and with almost the same final voting tally!! B)

Okay...my revised figs now that we know the exact no.of eligible voters:

Round 1:

Pyeongchang 38, Sochi 33, Salzburg 26 (Pyeongchang narrowly leads,Salzburg eliminated).

Round 2:

Sochi 51,Pyeongchang 49 (Sochi picks up most of Salzburg's votes and narrowly wins).

Here are my predictions whit the revised numbers:

First Droped: Salzbourg

Number of Rounds: 2

Winner: PyeongChang

First Round (97 voting):

PyeongChang: 41 votes

Sochi: 35 votes

Salzbourg: 21 votes

Salzbourg is eliminated in the first round of voting.

Second round (100 voting)

PyeongChang: 55 votes

Sochi: 45 votes

PyeongChang wins the rights to be the host of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

quote name='Filipe_Golias' date='Jul 3 2007, 08:25 PM' post='120123']

We now know that 97 IOC members will be able to vote in the first round, so I'll adjust my predicitons:

1st Round (97 votes)

* Sochi - 37

* Salzburg - 22

* PyeongChang - 38

2nd Round (100 votes)

* Sochi - 52

* PyeongChang - 48

Am I in time to reformulate my predictions? :lol:

1st Round (97 votes)

* Sochi - 31

* Salzburg - 28

* PyeongChang - 38

2nd Round (100 votes)

* Sochi - 45

* PyeongChang - 55

Woohoo! _ that's 2 out of 2 successful, predictions for me! 2012 and 2014.

Anyway, I haven't had the patience to tally up our voting number estimatees, but at a quick glance I don't think anybody got them spot on (not to mention all the confusion and changing of numbers as the voting member numbers were changed and updated). Maybe I'll get around it to it later or someone else can claim their own brilliance.

As far as the simple (first out, number or rounds, winner) predictions go, the winners are:

Sir Roltel

dave199

Stu

ChicagoFan90

Filipe Golias

cfm jemerie

thatsnotmypuppy

Mainad

Not as many as I expected _ there was a big surge to PyeongChang at the end.

Kendegra and Faster were the only ones to maintain faith with Salzburg to the end.

Archived