Atr: All 3 Cities Dead Even!

flamey

Ten days before the IOC vote in Guatemala City, the race for the 2014 Winter Games is too close to call, according to the Around the Rings Olympic Bid Power Index.

All three cities – PyeongChang, Korea; Salzburg, Austria; and Sochi, Russia -- scored 83 points each out of 110 possible.

http://www.expertclick.com/NewsReleaseWire...il&ID=16954

Ten days before the IOC vote in Guatemala City, the race for the 2014 Winter Games is too close to call, according to the Around the Rings Olympic Bid Power Index.

All three cities – PyeongChang, Korea; Salzburg, Austria; and Sochi, Russia -- scored 83 points each out of 110 possible.

http://www.expertclick.com/NewsReleaseWire...il&ID=16954

Yes, but Sochi got the most dynamic +8 B)

Yes, a three-way tie for first. It looks like any way you slice it - the ATR team will have correctly predicted the winner of the race! That make them 1-for-1 - congrats!

With all of their on-site analysis, it's good to know the the world can count on them for a fearless prediction. After all, "The Around the Rings Olympic Bid Power Index is the only authoritative ranking of its kind."

"It’s the first time cities bidding for either the Winter or Summer Olympic Games have tied, and may indicate a difficult choice for the IOC, according to ATR Editor Ed Hula."

It's the first time the cities have tied for what? It is the fist "Bid Power Index". Does anyone else know what this means?

I thought there was one Power Index for 2012.

Anyway, more than the score of the Power Index (or the Bid Index for that matter), I think the most interesting part of it is the trends. Clearly Salzburg is losing ground, PC is progressing slowly while Sochi is gaining ground fast.

I think it will be very close between PC and Sochi.

Yes, a three-way tie for first. It looks like any way you slice it - the ATR team will have correctly predicted the winner of the race! That make them 1-for-1 - congrats!

With all of their on-site analysis, it's good to know the the world can count on them for a fearless prediction. After all, "The Around the Rings Olympic Bid Power Index is the only authoritative ranking of its kind."

It's the first time the cities have tied for what? It is the fist "Bid Power Index". Does anyone else know what this means?

I believe they had a Power Index for the 2010 Winter Games and 2012 Summer Games as well.

Haha, I guess you really don't like the competition GBModerator. At least your site is free for users. I can't believe they charge for membership.

Talk about fence sitting! I also agree it's close, but c'mon, you can't tell me they can't differentiate them somehow.

So, when is the GamesBids index gonna make its fearless prediction?

Talk about fence sitting! I also agree it's close, but c'mon, you can't tell me they can't differentiate them somehow.

So, when is the GamesBids index gonna make its fearless prediction?

I don't think it will be that fearless. I have a feeling GB will stay safe and pick Pyeongchang to win it with Sochi a close second and Salzburg not far behind in 3rd.

Sochi will win it all though. That's my fearless prediction.

I thought there was one Power Index for 2012.

Anyway, more than the score of the Power Index (or the Bid Index for that matter), I think the most interesting part of it is the trends. Clearly Salzburg is losing ground, PC is progressing slowly while Sochi is gaining ground fast.

I think it will be very close between PC and Sochi.

You are correct, there was a 2012 Bid Power Index. Here is an interesting article comparing the two indexes for 2012.

Archived