Suggestion For Gb Fourm During The Ioc Session

NYCD 2012

I wondering , are we going use the same system we did for Singapore 2005 & Turin 2006 (Allow only premium member post during critical points ) . Could we use a different system ? I feel its kind of unfair , no offence if you're a premium member :l Perhaps we can determine this by how active a member is in the weeks leading up the session .

Unfortunately, we can only control access through membership level (i.e. Premium or Regular). However, since the 2012 election our software and servers have been upgraded so we will probably be able to handle the traffic load without problem. If we detect too much traffic at any time we may have to shut off posting access to regular members (this is the case all of the time - but we have never needed to do it aside from election days) but we don't expect this to be the case.

I cannot see how Internet traffic will be a problem now for this site. Unless, some idiot hacker tries to prove his "manhood" by trying to make this site crash. But, what would be the point of that exercise? :rolleyes:

Archived