Question For Jim Jones

If you are trying to argue that there has been frankly criminal underinvestment in sports facilities in this country over many years, and probably decades, I would agree with you. But the key question in this whole debate, and the question that you continually refuse to answer, is this. What is the justification for building sporting facilities for ten days of international competition which simply would not be used adequately afterwards? That would not be a sensible use of anyone's money, public or private, so why are you continually implying that Glasgow should do that?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You act as if the only event in the commonwealth games is track & field .

no track and not the only event Aquatics which has been held in the same Aquatic Centre in the same city for every commonwealth games will have the same treatment with Abuja 2014 . Glasgow well they will host swim racing while Edinburgh a past games host will host diving. Never in the history of an sports festival has that happened.

Oh and by the way Abuja National Stadium is the Largest capacity stadium in the commonwealth with an IAAF Class One Rating with a roof over all the audinece Edmontons commonwealth stadium has more seats and class one rating . Looked it up today

When New Delhi renovates their Stadium for the games it will too have a Class one clasification but Abuja unlike New Delhi has a full roof over 100 percent of its audience which is in keeping with having a FIFA approved stadium as well. Odd that Jamaica , Cyprus, Fiji , and Sri Lanka all have IAAF class one stadia

but Scotland does not even have a IAAF classed stadium. So with a means test for training funding and a city with the standard that some of these so called developing countries in the commonwealth . Why would these places turn down 125000 dollar US cash compared to 100000 doollars if Glasgow decides you should get a portion of that as good in kind .

You check down the scorecard and Abuja has glasgow beat. and then they have something in commonwealth with the rest of the emerging nations TOO many trips to canada,new zealand,australia and the UK for the commownealth games

jim jones

Jim jones

no track and not the only event Aquatics which has been held in the same Aquatic Centre in the same city for every commonwealth games will have the same treatment with Abuja 2014 . Glasgow well they will host swim racing while Edinburgh a past games host will host diving. Never in the history of an sports festival has that happened.

Oh and by the way Abuja National Stadium is the Largest capacity stadium in the commonwealth with an IAAF Class One Rating with a roof over all the audinece Edmontons commonwealth stadium has more seats and class one rating . Looked it up today

Excuse me ? KL , Manchester & Melbourne all hosted at least 1 event outside the host city . You talk about that new cultural center Abuja is building , HAS THE ABUJA TEAM EVEN MENTIONED THEY WANTED TO HOST ANY EVENTS THERE ? HAS IT EVEN BEEN COMPLETED YET ? Has Abuja even hosted a major event besides the All Africa ?

You always give irralavent information . In fact , one can said that Glasgow has richer history than Abuja which is less that 30 years old .. I am not surprise if you use the failed London car bombs to deny Glasgow the games .

And still Jim Jones will not answer the question of why Glasgow's aquatics arrangements are such a problem when they have been approved by the relevant bodies. His broken record must have got stuck.

please present the evidence . I presented the IAAF list that includes Abuja as a Class one Facility while Scotland does not have a Class One or Class Two IAAF

Facility. All I hear from you is the whining about not answering your questions which are not really question they are just utterances .

The funny thing about this racist crap is that you and your buddies here are the one starting multiple slander trends on Abuja while I dont even care to look at your little trends about Glasgow 2014 let alone post there . what do you guys talk about over their ? is it how you can get away with a games on the cheap or trying to have a joint bid with edimburgh but pretend to no be having a joint bid with edimburgh LOL. Hey I just see that glasgow is going for the olympics instead becasue I think the Glaasgow airport cauight on fire when the flame arrive from points east LOL.

Jim jones

please present the evidence . I presented the IAAF list that includes Abuja as a Class one Facility while Scotland does not have a Class One or Class Two IAAF

Facility. All I hear from you is the whining about not answering your questions which are not really question they are just utterances .

The funny thing about this racist crap is that you and your buddies here are the one starting multiple slander trends on Abuja while I dont even care to look at your little trends about Glasgow 2014 let alone post there . what do you guys talk about over their ? is it how you can get away with a games on the cheap or trying to have a joint bid with edimburgh but pretend to no be having a joint bid with edimburgh LOL. Hey I just see that glasgow is going for the olympics instead becasue I think the Glaasgow airport cauight on fire when the flame arrive from points east LOL.

Jim jones

Right - that is just totally out of order. People's lives have been threatened and you are talking like this. I am resporting you to the moderator. Your nonsense is one thing - but making light of something in this manner is unreal. Even for you.

I join you in that. That is so far out of order he can't even see it.

Not only that, but I have already told Jim Jones where the relevant material is for his repeated moans about Glasgow's athletics and aquatics venues is. If he chooses not to look at it, that is not my problem.

I join you in that. That is so far out of order he can't even see it.

Not only that, but I have already told Jim Jones where the relevant material is for his repeated moans about Glasgow's athletics and aquatics venues is. If he chooses not to look at it, that is not my problem.

you know i find it ironic that your buddy NYPD puts up the question for jim jones and I respond with my usual caustic views and you get upset with the viewpoint.

If you dont want a Bull to attack you then stop posting on the stupid trends like Abuja Nutheads and a question fro jim jones .

the Nutheads thing is probably the most offensive thing I see here but hey I dont cry about it becasue it shows the mental of A. denial that Abuja is indeed on the way to winning this bid and B. The reasons that are many why they will win by a good majority.

July 2nd jim jones declares the margin will be 50 votes for Abuja and 21 for Glasgow . and that is my conservative guess it could go higher for Abuja actually considering the means test for training grants from Glasgow 2014. Both Parties are actually bound by their bid contractually with the federation

and lets face the stakes are really a bit higher for Nigeria at this stage. They will not want to burn bridges as their quest is for larger sport festivals in the future which will involve many of the same parties for votes with the IOC.

jim jones

you know i find it ironic that your buddy NYPD puts up the question for jim jones and I respond with my usual caustic views and you get upset with the viewpoint.

If you dont want a Bull to attack you then stop posting on the stupid trends like Abuja Nutheads and a question fro jim jones .

the Nutheads thing is probably the most offensive thing I see here but hey I dont cry about it becasue it shows the mental of A. denial that Abuja is indeed on the way to winning this bid and B. The reasons that are many why they will win by a good majority.

July 2nd jim jones declares the margin will be 50 votes for Abuja and 21 for Glasgow . and that is my conservative guess it could go higher for Abuja actually considering the means test for training grants from Glasgow 2014. Both Parties are actually bound by their bid contractually with the federation

and lets face the stakes are really a bit higher for Nigeria at this stage. They will not want to burn bridges as their quest is for larger sport festivals in the future which will involve many of the same parties for votes with the IOC.

jim jones

Well I am not the id1ot that predicts the overcome of this , I am not the id1ot that compares Great Britain & Nigeria GDP & Debt . I wasn't the one who reuses the the same points over and over again . Neither was I the one who celebrated about the Glasgow Airport incident . I didn't boast about my dad being a hell of a **** journalist who gave birth to a racist son

Well I am not the id1ot that predicts the overcome of this , I am not the id1ot that compares Great Britain & Nigeria GDP & Debt . I wasn't the one who reuses the the same points over and over again . Neither was I the one who celebrated about the Glasgow Airport incident . I didn't boast about my dad being a hell of a **** journalist who gave birth to a racist son

That is too funny I am as racist as Ali G is Black LOL.

Jim jones

I could spell out where your comments have caused offence on those grounds, but I won't bother wasting my time if you can't see it.

you know the funny thing about your so called defence of the races just shows how un-informed you really are LOL.

Glasgow 2014 put together a bag of hype and Abuja 2014 just puts forward the real deal that is smeared by the scottish press and your gay friends.

So are human rights (which gays rights are not a Human right at all but just a way to shove a lifestyle in peoples faces) something that you select for you own purposes ? Seems to be the case with the CWG's in 1986 when they were last held in scotland. Again ignore history and you are bound to repeat it.

The funny thing is it all is part of a double standard that Abuja and the non white commonwealth faces with the old bigoted places like Glasgow, Scotland.

Yes it is tragic that a British Three year old is kidnapped in Port Harcourt but again wasn't a a young Nigerian boy murdered in the UK in the last year or so?

Is not a nigerian child just as valued as a Birtish Child?

Apparently not.

We don't here of the Nigerian Officials Issuing travel advisories for the UK? By the way that advisory is for the Delta area and port harcourt not all of nigeria.

jim jones

you know the funny thing about your so called defence of the races just shows how un-informed you really are LOL.

Glasgow 2014 put together a bag of hype and Abuja 2014 just puts forward the real deal that is smeared by the scottish press and your gay friends.

So are human rights (which gays rights are not a Human right at all but just a way to shove a lifestyle in peoples faces) something that you select for you own purposes ?

You won't win any friends on here saying things like that. I'm not gay but a lot of the members of this forum are (or maybe you haven't noticed). Gay rights are an important indicator of how developed a country is; maybe not as important as economic development or a strong democracy but they are important. Dismissing gay rights as a lifestlye choice being shoved in other people's faces shows how backward and medieval your own views are as people, on the whole, don't choose to be gay in the same way that people don't choose to be black, or choose to be women or choose to be a member of any other group in society who have been discriminated against in the past.

You bleat on about colonialism and the oppression of black people as if the sun shined out of your arse and then come up with tripe like this! I'm sorry, but it's very hard to take you seriously.

The funny thing is it all is part of a double standard that Abuja and the non white commonwealth faces with the old bigoted places like Glasgow, Scotland.

You won't win any friends saying stupid things like that either. It's hardly worth even commenting on that.

I'm not prepared to respond directly to Jim Jones' previous comments, so I will simply describe them as the moronic, bigoted, inaccurate rantings they are.

Yes you can have your opinion about me but at least if we had the same thing happen in New Glasgow Nova Scotia I dont think we would be doing this to our very small muslim population

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/08/...or-Backlash.php

Yes from Graffiti on Mosques to Fire bombings of businesses some in Glasgow , Scotland seem to have such upstanding members of society that would make up the crowd supporting the "friendly games". With hatred for the people the Glasgow 2014 committee has to convince to vote against a fellow country who is the largest population of Muslims in Africa ROTFLMAO.

Gee do you suppose these Pakistani Shop owners in Glasgow and Worshippers at the local mosque are going to call home and say "Abuja is such a dangerous place that we should vote to have the games in Glasgow Scotland" ??????

Not with over 20 incidents of hatred towards Muslims in Glasgow, Scotland since the Airport incident. Again you dont know squat about the feelings or mindset of people who are the majority in the commonwealth, peoples of color. You might as well put Pakistan's vote in the Abuja 2014 Column. and that make one short of the majority for Abuja with the Caribbean and Africa nations voting in unison for Abuja. Gee do you actually think that other muslim nations like Malaysia, Bangladesh and others will ignore what is going on in Glasgow in the past week? Great place for those nations to send their athletes LOL. My estimate is 50 to 21 and that is my conservative estimate I actually believe it could go to a higher number in favor of Abuja considering the events of the bid lodging and the events in Glasgow since the fire at the airport and the aftermath.

Jim Jones

So, once again, you choose to slur, insult and abuse the decent people of this country. You really are a disgrace.

I question that figure as I have not seen a single report of alleged revenge attacks. However, I did see a report yesterday of a rally which brought the whole committee of Glasgow together in their solidarity against terrorism. But of course, that doesn't sit with your blinkered, bigoted views does it?

All you deal in is speculation, inaccuracy, hypocrisy and bigotry. Too right I have an opinion of you. You're the lowest of the low.

So, once again, you choose to slur, insult and abuse the decent people of this country. You really are a disgrace.

I question that figure as I have not seen a single report of alleged revenge attacks. However, I did see a report yesterday of a rally which brought the whole committee of Glasgow together in their solidarity against terrorism. But of course, that doesn't sit with your blinkered, bigoted views does it?

All you deal in is speculation, inaccuracy, hypocrisy and bigotry. Too right I have an opinion of you. You're the lowest of the low.

The Scottish press themselves are reporting the revenge ATTACKs and that comes from the Glasgow Police Jezzzes cant you read . Grab a clue and get out in the world. The Bigots clearly reside in Glasgow Scotland and not Abuja, Nigeria. It does not get any more accurate then the local press in Scotland or does it when it does not suit your needs LOL. YES nigeria bad scotland good ugg said the caveman from great britian LOL.

jim jones

Yes you can have your opinion about me but at least if we had the same thing happen in New Glasgow Nova Scotia I dont think we would be doing this to our very small muslim population

Of course because there are obviously no small-minded people in Nova Socita who'd react in exactly the way the terrorists wanted are there?! Please, don't insult my intelligence. The same thing would happen anywhere if a terrorist attacked and as much I condemn such reactions, they're almost inevitable after something as disgraceful as the airport attack (something which you used to your own ends and only condemned after some prodding by other members on here I hasten to point out JJ). Retaliation attacks happened in London and I've no doubt they probably happened in New York and Madrid as well. Glasgow is not unique in this respect.

Maybe you could ask yourself why there is such a large Muslim population in the UK; it's because, on the whole, Britain welcomes people from abroad and values their contribution to our society. The fact that Muslims have their own places of Worship says a lot more about our collective attitude towards Muslims than any nasty individual's attack on them.

And, pretending to speak on behalf of a Pakistani shopkeeper from Glasgow is just plain stupid: I'm sure they'd love the games to come to their home city, even if their reasons are purely based on the fact that they'll have a lot more bussiness during that period!

Archived