Question For Jim Jones

I'm not trying to be a pain or anything, but apart from the charater assassination in the other thread, a few good points were raised regarding Abuja's candidacy. Considering Jim Jones has access to the bid committee - I'd like to see his response to arwebb's last past which is not defamatory at all...

Thus -

Seeing as you raise the financial incentives aspect, I'll put this to you. It has been suggested, and referred to in this forum, that the financial incentives which Abuja has pledged are "not worth the paper they are written on" and that payments will likely be made well after the Games have passed, if at all. And this suggestion was made by a senior official on the All-African Games, a man who has spent many years living and working in Nigeria. Now, that appears to me to be a fundamental question over Abuja's ability to back up its words with hard actions. It goes right to the heart of the bid. How do you respond to that?

I feel this is a valid point that has been raised and as such should be responded to in kind. If Jim can't assist, maybe another Abuja booster can as I have read the bid book and cant seem to find the answer.

On another note, I am dismayed that the other 'Where Has Jim Jones Been Recently...?' thread has been locked. Besides the character assassination going on (many guilty parties on that one!!) some valid points and opinions were stated. I would have preferred a warning shot across the bow before going to the extreme of locking the thread. I wont question your motivation - there was more than enough justification - however this seems an abhorrent precident to set in what has been up to now a free and well respected forum.

Rob - as moderator, I realise you have many resons to act how you have today, but frankly as a poster of nearly 7 years this is the first time I have really wondered about your personal preferences for some members over others. I don't expect an explanation, however I am somewhat saddened you felt the only way to tie up the thread was to lock it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you mentioned - so many rules were broken in that thread and my mailbox was filling up with complaints about it. From my personal perspective, I just wanted to make it all go away.

The timing was random (had nothing to do with the final post - I didn't even really read it). So if everyone "behaves" in this thread, maybe it will be more constructive. It's a good way to start over.

I'm not trying to be a pain or anything, but apart from the charater assassination in the other thread, a few good points were raised regarding Abuja's candidacy. Considering Jim Jones has access to the bid committee - I'd like to see his response to arwebb's last past which is not defamatory at all...

Thus -

I feel this is a valid point that has been raised and as such should be responded to in kind. If Jim can't assist, maybe another Abuja booster can as I have read the bid book and cant seem to find the answer.

On another note, I am dismayed that the other 'Where Has Jim Jones Been Recently...?' thread has been locked. Besides the character assassination going on (many guilty parties on that one!!) some valid points and opinions were stated. I would have preferred a warning shot across the bow before going to the extreme of locking the thread. I wont question your motivation - there was more than enough justification - however this seems an abhorrent precident to set in what has been up to now a free and well respected forum.

Rob - as moderator, I realise you have many resons to act how you have today, but frankly as a poster of nearly 7 years this is the first time I have really wondered about your personal preferences for some members over others. I don't expect an explanation, however I am somewhat saddened you felt the only way to tie up the thread was to lock it.

well first I will respond to the closng of the Thread. Totally right to do Rob because the original authoring premise is really a swipe at ME. I can take jabs at people to raise their blood pressure when it is titled "where has Jim jones been" I dont start trends entitled Where are the Abuja 2014 nutheads which is highly offensive and should be closed as well. If I was as petty like some people, I will not name names, I could start a Trend asking "where have all the Gay Scotsmen who like to Sleep with Sheep gone ?" Funny as it may be it would be and perhaps true in some very small cases it is totally insulting and paints scotsmen in a bad, stereotypical and ignorant manner. the original author of that trend really has to think about that because from my experience we all contain the small DNa and humanity.

The thing is to the tenderness that some people seem to have on the question of race well personally I have a different lives prospective

then a guy in england. If you have actually travelled to Africa and dont like it then dont come to Abuja 2014. No one will miss you and in fact afirca could care less about whites with bad attitudes coming to Africa, they have plenty of very nice white people coming to their part of the world which i wintessed on my flight from London to Abuja LOL. If you decided to come down from your ivory tower that is built on a mountain of national debt then you will have the time of your life in Abuja believe me I know personally . I have travelled the world and to Africa before my trip to Abuja. I know much from experience and of course had a fear in Senegal going into a majority black country. Those fears are gone of the unknown as Africa is not an unknown to me anymore. I know how lucky I am to be touched by the continent that is the birthplace of all humanity. In Africa I find if you show respect you get respect back ten fold.

Thing is the Jim Jones trend did get out of control and hey I enjoy every minute of it as the lone promoter and defender of a country that has thrown its arms open to me. Every single place on this earth has problems bigtime. It is a differences that are apparent. the problem I have is the white thinking double standard and I am as white as they come. When you are in Abuja you cannot tell Christians from Muslims and I was in the unique situation of casually meeting senators and governors in the lobby that were staying at the Transcorp Abuja Hilton. All these people are very cultured compared to a rural guy from canada.

Financing I answered on another trend . My access to the committee gave me a greater belief that things are going to be done very well in Abuja. They dont go on a world wide PR campaign because they dont need to and it is not in their culture. I have seen Mitchell Obi grow in the couple of months and have confidence and great judgement of what is said. I believe that Abuja 2014 has played the African stereotypes to their advantage to lure the opponents into a trap of complacency. All the meetings with commonwealth games countries were done in secret without press releases until Ghana a month before hand . Abuja 2014 took the trip to Melbourne to visit the oceanic countries.

By hook or by crook clearly Abuja 2014 got the intel on the Glasgow bid, put out little bits of disinformation and radio silence. The month before,with Glasgow 2014 back in the stable and having made their very public PR pitch Abuja attacked and took huge advantage of the Freeze for financial rewards to the commonwealth members for the 2014 games. That was text book Pearl Harbour Military stuff which I am sure General Gowan was behind .

Financially the bid is solid and does not come from the country's internal taxbase like is the case with many sports festivals. That is very responsible and deserves the highest respect.

jim jones

Why won't you answer the question? Is there some truth in the view that Abuja's financial pledges are "not worth the paper they're written on"? If so, are you afraid to admit it?

And for you to have a go at people who criticise you is very, very rich from where I'm standing.

Why won't you answer the question? Is there some truth in the view that Abuja's financial pledges are "not worth the paper they're written on"? If so, are you afraid to admit it?

And for you to have a go at people who criticise you is very, very rich from where I'm standing.

Do you beleive in the locke ness monster and the easter bunny? What business do you have in Abuja and their finances ? I was approached in the abuja airport by nothing but supporters of the bid . Ordinary men and women of

Nigeria. We could question The UKs financial means as well with a debt to annual GDP ratio of 48 percent to Nigerias 3.5 percent. Canada has been owned a billion 1945 dollars by great britian without a single dime paid back .That is a great way to treat canada after we saved your butts from the Nazi

The problem is that you think that hosting the games in

glasgow will cure poverty in Africa by denying africa the games .Please LOL

The paper that the claim of Nigeria not honoring commitments is a rag for Glasgow Scotland and it is just that a Biased News RAG.

jim jones

You're talking nonsense. This isn't a paper questioning the merits of Abuja's financial pledges. This is a senior official who worked in Nigeria for years and was a top-ranking officer at the All-African Games in 2003! Put it this way, I'm much more inclined to take him seriously than you.

And as for your claims about the relative economies and your re-writing of history, well you should be in Hollywood if you really believe that drivel.

We could question The UKs financial means as well with a debt to annual GDP ratio of 48 percent to Nigerias 3.5 percent. Canada has been owned a billion 1945 dollars by great britian without a single dime paid back .That is a great way to treat canada after we saved your butts from the Nazi

We could question the UK's financial means, certainly:

Great Britain is hosting an Olympics in five years, lest you forget. You can go on about national and personal debt all you want but it really has nothing to do with the games which, if won by Glasgow, will be financed by the 4th strongest economy in the world, just as the 2012 Olympic are. Britain is a nation with a strong economy, and it's not doing your favoured bid a diservice by stating this obvious fact. In fact, by harking on about debt ratios you sound desperate. I congratulate Nigeria on only having a debt to annual GDP ratio of 3.5% compared to the UK's 48%, but do tell us, if you're going to state such facts, what they've got to do with this discussion: they certainly don't damage Glasgow's bid, and nor do they answer the very specific question Arwebb posted.

I'll ignore you comment about the Nazis as that's even less relevent and hardly worth the bandwidth.

The paper that the claim of Nigeria not honoring commitments is a rag for Glasgow Scotland and it is just that a Biased News RAG.

If you dismiss that comment because it's been printed in a Scottish paper that's your choice; but other people won't necessarily agree with that and it's not going to make the idea go away. But, I suspect you dismiss it becuse, despite having contact with the bid comittee, you don't actually know the answer. That's fine, but just say so!

do you know how to read or understand ? I have put it out before . Maitiane Cluster is diaspora private developement, the Athletes village is private money , the rugby sevens complex is soccer dedicated facility that will be the national teams training grounds after that games and is being financed by nigerian banks as part of the premiership of Nigeria's construction of 20 new soccer stadiums in Nigeria. The only major capital expense project is a dedicated weighlifting venue beside the national stadium and that is federal money from what I am seeing. Does Glasgow have a dedicated Weighlifting venue on its bid ? NO

The national arts centre across from the national mosque is going to cost 400 million us and is not even part of the bid. a 5000 seat state of the art arts centre with a 5 star hotel that does not even have involvement with the bid shows that nigeria has the money and the commonwealth games is a small part of the development of the city.

Glasgow what are they putting up ? a velodrome and an Arena of 10,000 seat which is 75 percent private financing. 100 percent of the financing for abujas 10000 seat arena is Diaspora,Private and on a greenfield site that prevents environmential surprizes unlike glasgows plans.

PLEASE stop the BS about not answering a question from you who does not have the character to even admit that I was in Abuja . Again you are just using the urban myths that are authored in Great Britian like the AK 47 gun carying citizen thing which is totally untrue . It is called Abuja,Nigeria not Baghdad IRAQ LOL.

jim jones

We could question the UK's financial means, certainly:

Great Britain is hosting an Olympics in five years, lest you forget. You can go on about national and personal debt all you want but it really has nothing to do with the games which, if won by Glasgow, will be financed by the 4th strongest economy in the world, just as the 2012 Olympic are. Britain is a nation with a strong economy, and it's not doing your favoured bid a diservice by stating this obvious fact. In fact, by harking on about debt ratios you sound desperate. I congratulate Nigeria on only having a debt to annual GDP ratio of 3.5% compared to the UK's 48%, but do tell us, if you're going to state such facts, what they've got to do with this discussion: they certainly don't damage Glasgow's bid, and nor do they answer the very specific question Arwebb posted.

I'll ignore you comment about the Nazis as that's even less relevent and hardly worth the bandwidth.

If you dismiss that comment because it's been printed in a Scottish paper that's your choice; but other people won't necessarily agree with that and it's not going to make the idea go away. But, I suspect you dismiss it becuse, despite having contact with the bid comittee, you don't actually know the answer. That's fine, but just say so!

Biased rags with local self interests and boosters in scotland are really the only support Glasgow 2014 has. Plan and simple.

I am sure Canada will support having to pay the full shot for training if there was a Glasgow 2014 LOL. THe reality is that Scotts are being incredibly cheap and then think they will be awarded the games. Not in this life time LOL. Jim Jones. This so called scottish expert who was a computer geek for the all-african games

If he is such an international expert on sports events why isnt he on the glasgow 2014 committee ???? LOL

the answer is because he isnt an expert . i asked about this character and no one in abuja knows this guy period LOL. funny he can say that he knows of companies that didnot get paid by the all-african games but somehow Seimens, Motorola, Schuermann Velodromes, Julias Berger Nigeria, JVC, Phillips and a raft of other international companys seem to have information on their websites about their world involving the all african games. Funny how all these people didnt get paid , havent filed statements of claims and advertise their involvement with the venues for the all african games. To base a story on one mans word who was a minor person in the organization to the point to be forgotten a couple of short years later sepaks to the creditiblity of the article and person quoted LOL.

jim jones

do you know how to read or understand ? I have put it out before . Maitiane Cluster is diaspora private developement, the Athletes village is private money , the rugby sevens complex is soccer dedicated facility that will be the national teams training grounds after that games and is being financed by nigerian banks as part of the premiership of Nigeria's construction of 20 new soccer stadiums in Nigeria. The only major capital expense project is a dedicated weighlifting venue beside the national stadium and that is federal money from what I am seeing. Does Glasgow have a dedicated Weighlifting venue on its bid ? NO

The national arts centre across from the national mosque is going to cost 400 million us and is not even part of the bid. a 5000 seat state of the art arts centre with a 5 star hotel that does not even have involvement with the bid shows that nigeria has the money and the commonwealth games is a small part of the development of the city.

Glasgow what are they putting up ? a velodrome and an Arena of 10,000 seat which is 75 percent private financing. 100 percent of the financing for abujas 10000 seat arena is Diaspora,Private and on a greenfield site that prevents environmential surprizes unlike glasgows plans.

PLEASE stop the BS about not answering a question from you who does not have the character to even admit that I was in Abuja . Again you are just using the urban myths that are authored in Great Britian like the AK 47 gun carying citizen thing which is totally untrue . It is called Abuja,Nigeria not Baghdad IRAQ LOL.

I will now assume from the fact that you have totally failed to answer the very specific question that this topic was set up for that the assertion Abuja's financial pledges to competing nations are "not worth the paper they are written on" to be true and that you are too damn scared to admit it. If you choose to answer the question subsequently, it will be too late in my eyes. The only one who persists in talking "BS" as you put it is you. You have not answered my question here, or at any other previous occasion, and to say otherwise is a blatant lie.

Not only that, but you have no right to question my character at all, even if that hasn't stopped you from dishing out your insults previously. It is not, has never been and will never be up to me to admit anything about you and Abuja. As I have said before, I don't give a toss whether you went to Abuja or not. I don't care what you did yesterday. I don't care what you do tomorrow and I don't give a toss about anything else to do with you or your existence. What I care about is this race, and which bid is better. The fact that the Abuja bid committee would even consider inviting, let alone actually inviting, someone like you over there just goes to show what an absolute mess Abuja must be in.

On the gun issue, I remind you that it is not me saying this, but a citizen of Abuja himself. But, of course, your "friends" in Abuja wouldn't have let you see anything like that. It would have ruined so many illusions for you. It's the job of us journalists to reveal the truth.

Now, the venue issues you raise. It is encouraging that there would appear to be a legacy for this rugby venue, otherwise it would indeed be a complete waste of money. Even so, I still find it difficult to fathom why the tournament should not be played in the main stadium.

This claim of yours about a "dedicated weightlifting venue". Tell me, exactly what will it be after the Games have finished? Because a dedicated weightlifting venue for about 10 days of competition just sounds like a really stupid extravagance, exactly the kind of extravagance you will not find with the Glasgow bid. But, as we know, you like money to be thrown around when it suits you, doesn't it. And you'll have an unjustified pop at Glasgow no matter how obvious the double standard is.

The fact that Glasgow don't need to build many venues is because of this truth which you ignore time and time again - 75 PER CENT OF GLASGOW'S VENUES ARE ALREADY IN PLACE! Have you got that now?

You talk of other developments in Abuja. Whoopee-do. Would these developments not be happening anyway, regardless of the bid? They're not relevant.

And exactly what are you suggesting about Glasgow when you sneer about "environmental surprises"? Developing previously used land is actually far better than building over greenbelt. In case this point hasn't reached you yet, you can't get greenfield land back.

So once again, you try and score points over Glasgow and yet again it actually shows Glasgow's strengths. If you don't want to face the fact that Glasgow is a strong and worthy bidder for this event, that's up to you. If you don't want to answer the questions put to you about Abuja, that's up to you. But the scrutiny will continue and it will only get more intense in the time to come.

Those Incentives from Abuja in Full:

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA.

INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT

CORPORATE HEAD QUARTERS TINUBU SQUARE ,

MARINA LAGOS NIGERIA.

Dear Valued Contract/ Inheritance Beneficiary/ Commonwealth Games Association: -

Following the protest of the International Community, The World Bank, IMF

and the instruction by the President and Commander in Chief of the armed

forces(Musa Yar-adua) President Federal Republic of Nigeria that all

outstanding foriegn debts especially next of kin payment should be

released to the benefeciaries forthwith unconditionally.

It is with immense pleasure, that I inform you about the board and

management of the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN, whom has deemed necessary

to go into action to release your Outstanding Contract Beneficiary

Payment, after the Approval of the payment by the Federal Ministry of

Finance (FMF). Contract Number #: AV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/005. On behalf of the

staff of Central Bank of Nigeria CBN, and the Federal Government in

collaboration with the Federal Ministry Of Finance in charge of Foreign

Contract Payments, We Apologies for the delay of your Outstanding Contract

Beneficiary Payment.

It was discovered that some unscrupulous individuals aiming to frustrating

all your efforts have removed some vital documents from your payment file.

However, a 7-man harmonization, normalization, notarization,

computerization and re-documentation committee has been set up to finally

perfect all the necessary documentation to that effect.

From the records of outstanding contractors due for payment with the

Federal Government, your name and company was discovered as next on the

list of the outstanding contract Beneficiaries who have not yet received

their payments.

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square whole, and

can be voguish for that your payment is being processed and will be

released to you as soon as you respond to this

letter.

Kindly re-confirm to me the followings:

1) Your full name.

2) Phone, fax and mobile #.

3) Residential address

4) Occupation, Age.

As soon as this information is received, your payment will be made to you

via central bank of Nigeria CBN direct KTT 100/ Wire Transfer.

Yours faithfully,

Barrister Godwin Ozah

Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN)

I will now assume from the fact that you have totally failed to answer the very specific question that this topic was set up for that the assertion Abuja's financial pledges to competing nations are "not worth the paper they are written on" to be true and that you are too damn scared to admit it. If you choose to answer the question subsequently, it will be too late in my eyes. The only one who persists in talking "BS" as you put it is you. You have not answered my question here, or at any other previous occasion, and to say otherwise is a blatant lie.

Not only that, but you have no right to question my character at all, even if that hasn't stopped you from dishing out your insults previously. It is not, has never been and will never be up to me to admit anything about you and Abuja. As I have said before, I don't give a toss whether you went to Abuja or not. I don't care what you did yesterday. I don't care what you do tomorrow and I don't give a toss about anything else to do with you or your existence. What I care about is this race, and which bid is better. The fact that the Abuja bid committee would even consider inviting, let alone actually inviting, someone like you over there just goes to show what an absolute mess Abuja must be in.

On the gun issue, I remind you that it is not me saying this, but a citizen of Abuja himself. But, of course, your "friends" in Abuja wouldn't have let you see anything like that. It would have ruined so many illusions for you. It's the job of us journalists to reveal the truth.

Now, the venue issues you raise. It is encouraging that there would appear to be a legacy for this rugby venue, otherwise it would indeed be a complete waste of money. Even so, I still find it difficult to fathom why the tournament should not be played in the main stadium.

This claim of yours about a "dedicated weightlifting venue". Tell me, exactly what will it be after the Games have finished? Because a dedicated weightlifting venue for about 10 days of competition just sounds like a really stupid extravagance, exactly the kind of extravagance you will not find with the Glasgow bid. But, as we know, you like money to be thrown around when it suits you, doesn't it. And you'll have an unjustified pop at Glasgow no matter how obvious the double standard is.

The fact that Glasgow don't need to build many venues is because of this truth which you ignore time and time again - 75 PER CENT OF GLASGOW'S VENUES ARE ALREADY IN PLACE! Have you got that now?

You talk of other developments in Abuja. Whoopee-do. Would these developments not be happening anyway, regardless of the bid? They're not relevant.

And exactly what are you suggesting about Glasgow when you sneer about "environmental surprises"? Developing previously used land is actually far better than building over greenbelt. In case this point hasn't reached you yet, you can't get greenfield land back.

So once again, you try and score points over Glasgow and yet again it actually shows Glasgow's strengths. If you don't want to face the fact that Glasgow is a strong and worthy bidder for this event, that's up to you. If you don't want to answer the questions put to you about Abuja, that's up to you. But the scrutiny will continue and it will only get more intense in the time to come.

so in regards to Guns and my Shetlered journey to Abuja which a few short days ago I was accused on lying about . I was to the garrison market section of city no guns , Wuse Market no guns, A satellite community No guns. A random nightclub in the middle of Abuja no guns. Yes I could hear them calling up the Street "everyone a white man is coming our way, the 2014 committee wants us to hide the guns to fool the white man "ROTFLMAO. Do remember my dad was a journalist for a major newspaper in nova scotia for 35 years and I do tend to want to see the whole story unfiltered without the spin . My Guide knew this and I got to places that some would not want me in but I got the real Abuja and it is good and full of hospitality. Until you are there you really dont know the really story as a western view of things is very colored . I got a full view of Abuja because I was not a BBC report out on a witch hunt of a CNN reporter who just got fired for staging rebels for a phot op in the delta.

If you like I can again send you pictures directly to you via a wonderful peice of tech called an EMAIL LOL.

jim jones

Are you unable to read or something? I have already stated for you, time and time again, what you can do with your evidence and why your own behaviour means Hell will freeze over before you ever get the PRIVATE email address that I have never given to any other member of this forum and I certainly will NOT give it to you. Get over yourself and ANSWER MY QUESTION!!

Are you unable to read or something? I have already stated for you, time and time again, what you can do with your evidence and why your own behaviour means Hell will freeze over before you ever get the PRIVATE email address that I have never given to any other member of this forum and I certainly will NOT give it to you. Get over yourself and ANSWER MY QUESTION!!

Still you will have no character to email me or provide me with an email . Shows you have no balls LOL. You dont have a question you have a view that Abuja bad Glasgow good LOL.

You make the claims and I have the photographic evidence on people in Abuja not carrying AK 47s or any weapons but you refuse to actually say JIM you are right TOTALLY you were there I wasnt . The reaction by the BBC reporter to security in Abuja is probably becauae he fears blackmen in uniforms with guns.

Myself I have seen the same thing in Mexico , South America , Heathrow, Pierson and other high value targets for terrorists.

maybe I have to post the financial numbers off the Abuja 2014 PDF files because you seem to be so dim that you cant navigate to their site and open the pdf file

You know about adobe acrobat PDF files dont you LOL

Jim jones

jim jones

When you learn to read my posts, respond to what I say instead of resorting to personal attack and learn what a proper, civilised, adult debate is, I might just respond to you. Until then, go to Hell.

Ah my buddy don't go away mad girlfriend just go away LOL. No I really don't mean that . but hey just for the Record Nigeria has oil and that equals money , they have the infrastructure in place for sports stadiums and venues and are putting in a brand new LRT system. How old is that subway system IN Glasgow i bet it will not be 2 year old in 2014 and probably approaching a century old by 2014 ?

Financially I have seen that very little National Revenue is being touched with Abuja 2014. Three of the four capital projects are private money.

Please come Back buddy and send me your email address I would love to share some pictures with you and your pet hedgehog. I have site signs for all the future venues in Abuja and it spells out the partnerships . But hey you are chicken and I can understand that buddy as it would probably shatter your world. We call friends over here buddy as opposed to mate because mate can mean some funny here even between two guys

Jim Jones

Ah my buddy don't go away mad girlfriend just go away LOL. No I really don't mean that . but hey just for the Record Nigeria has oil and that equals money , they have the infrastructure in place for sports stadiums and venues and are putting in a brand new LRT system. How old is that subway system IN Glasgow i bet it will not be 2 year old in 2014 and probably approaching a century old by 2014 ?

WRONG ! Oil equal money in Nigeria ? If this was the case Nigeria would just as sucessful as the Arab States . The Nigerian Oil industry is filled with corupted cheaters & the goverment pocketing the money . A BBC article once reported about how Nigeria has a rich oil field but couldn't provide a decent power system . The Glasgow Subway will be renovated in case you didn't know . Plans doesn't mean its going to be built , Plaza Rakyat was a building in Kuala Lumpur planned to be one of highest building in the world about a decade ago , however when I visited KL last year , it was not even off the ground . The Jakata Monorail is another example .

Financially I have seen that very little National Revenue is being touched with Abuja 2014. Three of the four capital projects are private money.

Please come Back buddy and send me your email address I would love to share some pictures with you and your pet hedgehog. I have site signs for all the future venues in Abuja and it spells out the partnerships . But hey you are chicken and I can understand that buddy as it would probably shatter your world. We call friends over here buddy as opposed to mate because mate can mean some funny here even between two guys

Not reading posts when they don't suit you again I see. I'm not going to bother explaining my position on your evidence again, because I haven't got the patience to do so. Suffice to say that I have already done so on numerous occasions, perfectly reasonably and adequately for anyone to understand, and if you choose to ignore that then that is your problem and not mine. As far as I'm concerned, that so-called issue is closed.

And if you are claiming that Glasgow does not have appropriate venues and infrastructure, then you clearly have not read their candidate file. Are you going to?

WRONG ! Oil equal money in Nigeria ? If this was the case Nigeria would just as sucessful as the Arab States . The Nigerian Oil industry is filled with corupted cheaters & the goverment pocketing the money . A BBC article once reported about how Nigeria has a rich oil field but couldn't provide a decent power system . The Glasgow Subway will be renovated in case you didn't know . Plans doesn't mean its going to be built , Plaza Rakyat was a building in Kuala Lumpur planned to be one of highest building in the world about a decade ago , however when I visited KL last year , it was not even off the ground . The Jakata Monorail is another example .

Well if oil in Nigeria doesn't equal money, then I wonder why on earth Abuja is Rivaling Glasgow to the finish.

If Oil doesn't generate wealth in Nigeria, then why can't Glasgow relax for one second. It's rpobably cos they know that if they hold their breath they will drown.

You speak of Power System, well it is Funny that Nigeria has invested more into Power Generation than any other country in the world. If Nigeria doesn't have an adequate supply by 2014, then Pigs will surely fly, if the 10s of Independent power station don't give Nigeria an energy boost, then the Nuclear Power Plants slated to be built will.

Well you speak about Plans, well if you are so uncertain about Abuja's commitments, why don't you take a trip to Abuja and see al the Cranes sprouting. You'd be lucky to get some sunlight. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course, Man cannot dwell on Projections, alone so I dare you to witness Nigeria's Growth in the coming years.

Well if oil in Nigeria doesn't equal money, then I wonder why on earth Abuja is Rivaling Glasgow to the finish.

If Oil doesn't generate wealth in Nigeria, then why can't Glasgow relax for one second. It's rpobably cos they know that if they hold their breath they will drown.

You speak of Power System, well it is Funny that Nigeria has invested more into Power Generation than any other country in the world. If Nigeria doesn't have an adequate supply by 2014, then Pigs will surely fly, if the 10s of Independent power station don't give Nigeria an energy boost, then the Nuclear Power Plants slated to be built will.

Well you speak about Plans, well if you are so uncertain about Abuja's commitments, why don't you take a trip to Abuja and see al the Cranes sprouting. You'd be lucky to get some sunlight. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course, Man cannot dwell on Projections, alone so I dare you to witness Nigeria's Growth in the coming years.

The thing is with Nigeria is that tree of good economic policies are bearing fruit. A Debt to GDP ratio of 3.5 has private investment rolling in . Great Britian had a a Debt to Annual GDP ratio of 48 percent and an aging population that is not being replaced by the the new generation . Nigeria has 25 million young people under the age of 15 and that is the future of the country. you have a growing class of educated successful nigerian professionals worldwide and that is where much of your youth in nigeria are going to be successful thru education .

Jim jones

Are you seriously trying to argue that Nigeria has a stronger economy than Britain? Britain is the fourth largest economy in the world.

No I am saying that Nigeria is in a much stronger position for debt held by their Government then Great Britain by a long shot and that is key to economic growth. The uncontrolled growth of UK debt is at the rate of a entire Nigerian economy and the UK has very little to show for it. No IAAF class one or two stadiums in Glasgow, Scotland for example LOL. There is only one in the entire fourth er I mean fifth largest economy in the world and that is crystal palace stadium.

By the way The UK is the fifth largest economy for GDP not the fourth. The United States,Japan ,Germany and China all have larger annual GDPs then the UK and Believe or not in 2000 France was actually in fourth above Great Britian for GDP. Great Britian is in 5th and France is in Sixth according to the IMF and the World Bank.

Sure the private sector of Great Britian could pay for a commonwealth games but only if it actually had control of its ownership on its shores. Great Britian is intergrating with the EU and that is where its interest lay.

Nigeria 90 percent of its exports come from oil and gas and the ownership of the oil and gas fields now with the federal government buying the oil bonds off the London stock exchange is in Nigeria's hands . Oil companies make about a ten percent Royality now.

Jim Jones

Here is the list of class one and class two IAAF athletes stadiums , note that Scotland does not even have a class two rated facility in other words no IAAF rated facility Period. this is as of June 2007 . http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:Dy4FD...lient=firefox-a

This is the html version of the file http://www.iaaf.org/newsfiles/29293.pdf.

G o o g l e automatically generates html versions of documents as we crawl the web.

To link to or bookmark this page, use the following url: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:Dy4FD...lient=firefox-a

Google is neither affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.

These search terms have been highlighted: list iaaf class one athletics

These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: stadiums

Page 1

IAAF CERTIFIED ATHLETIC FACILITIES

International Association of Athletics Federations

CERTIFICATION SYSTEM

List of Certified Athletic Facilities updated at 1st June 2007

CLASS 1

COUNTRY

CITY

NAME OF STADIUM

SURFACING MATERIAL