Are you going to come to Beijing during Olympics?

micheal_warren

Now,if you get ready for it.Do you think this trip is really economic for you or you rather want to stay at home and watch TV?

Don't come to Beijing if possible.There are too many people already and will be in this city.I don't think Chinese government will give some holidays to citizens of Beijing just for Olympics.so don't make the transpotation more trouble. including the sightseeings.

Beijing exactly just is a ordinary northern historical city in China.Not a world city as Shanghai or Hongkong.

Now,if you get ready for it.Do you think this trip is really economic for you or you rather want to stay at home and watch TV?

Don't come to Beijing if possible.There are too many people already and will be in this city.I don't think Chinese government will give some holidays to citizens of Beijing just for Olympics.so don't make the transpotation more trouble. including the sightseeings.

Beijing exactly just is a ordinary northern historical city in China.Not a world city as Shanghai or Hongkong.

Wow - I'm reporting you to the Chinese tourism Board - maybe they will shoot you and bill your family for the bullet!

Anyhow - having been to Beijing  during New Years - the city is shambolic but the expected upgrades, new subway line, new dedicated buslinks and new ring road mean the transport issue wont be too bad.  There is heaps of accomodation and ticket prices will be relatively cheap so the locals can afford to go - unless they pull a fast one and have seperate prices for locals.

The airport upgrades mean you have a smooth trip into town and Beijing is always crowded - the number of Olympic visitors will be similar as the number that came to Sydney - 300,000 or so over the two weeks.  Beijing will cope.  300,000 in a city of over 10 million?  Pffft.

As for the not a world city bit - bullshit loser.

Tiananmen, the Forbidden City, the palaces, the Great Wall, the temples, the markets - Beijing is an amzing place.  Just make sure you have the right visa as they wont let you in without it as I discovered last month.

Archived