Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBModerator

Live TV And Internet Coverage Of 2014 Bid Election

The Tomba segment was perfect.

The security and simulation program really sold it to me.

too pathetic:

- we lost, we cried, we learnt

- we are in asia, lots of people, lots of money

- poor old woman

The Tomba segment was perfect.

The security and simulation program really sold it to me.

yeah that security and technology part was quite good although

- tomba as a terrible english accent :lol:

- those simulations of the village, those houses and palaces game me the idea that is was too against nature...i mean too much construction within a virgin nature...that's not good

too pathetic:

- we lost, we cried, we learnt

- we are in asia, lots of people, lots of money

- poor old woman

What are you talking about? :huh:

I'm glad that I'm able to post again -- we non-premium members have a difficult time today, since we're repeatedly locked out of the forum. Or am I the only one who gets those error messages whenever he tries to access the forum?

However: It's a pity that I couldn't watch Pyeongchang's (apparently brilliant) presentation. But from what you told, I'm pretty certain that Pyeongchang will win. Maybe Salzburg will manage to leave Sochi behind or at least lose only narrowly against Sochi in the race to the second round. I won't change my prediction in the other thread, though.

I'm glad that I'm able to post again -- we non-premium members have a difficult time today, since we're repeatedly locked out of the forum. Or am I the only one who gets those error messages whenever he tries to access the forum?

However: It's a pity that I couldn't watch Pyeongchang's (apparently brilliant) presentation. But from what you told, I'm pretty certain that Pyeongchang will win. Maybe Salzburg will manage to leave Sochi behind or at least lose only narrowly against Sochi in the race to the second round. I won't change my prediction in the other thread, though.

I have the problems, too.

Damn it, just realized I would not be there wen the host city is announced... Anyway, after seeing the presentation of the two main contenders (Sochi and PyeongChang) I believe that Korea will host there first winter Olympic Games. But, then again, anything can happen at an IOC secion...

The official results:

Round 1

Sochi: 34

Salzburg: 25

PyeongChang: 36

Round 2

Sochi: 51

PyeongChang: 47

The signing ceremony between the IOC, Sochi 2014 and the Russian Olympic Committee is underway. After that, the press conference.

Did Any Canadian stations air the announcement. I'm watching TSN and they haven't said a thing not even a mention on the bottom of their screen.

I watched the announcement on CNN but I know some people don't get it here in Canada. I don't know about Sportsnet.

Did Any Canadian stations air the announcement. I'm watching TSN and they haven't said a thing not even a mention on the bottom of their screen.

I watched the announcement on CNN but I know some people don't get it here in Canada. I don't know about Sportsnet.

Well, CBC National News is going to have some clip about it. But, I saw the whole thing by live webcast, so it is personally redundant to me. Of course, I do not mean to offend anyone who hasn't seen it because some of us go to work today or need to do other things.

Oh, I just saw the CBC clip. Only about 30 seconds worth of it.

I watched it live on the Official Olympic website. I doubt any Canadian tv stations carried the announcement live. We only do that if a Canadian city is in the running for the Olympics.

In other words: whatever, right? :rolleyes:

In any case, it is now over and we await Copenhagen 2009 and the 121st IOC Session there for the 2016 Olympic Games host city.

However, the current IOC Session does not finish until Saturday. Other topics in the agenda are to be discussed along the way.

However, the current IOC Session does not finish until Saturday. Other topics in the agenda are to be discussed along the way.

And some very interesting topics, indeed.

I watched it live on the Official Olympic website. I doubt any Canadian tv stations carried the announcement live. We only do that if a Canadian city is in the running for the Olympics.

I watched the result live on CNN international here in New Zealand on SKY TV....

I couldn't watch because I had to work tonight, and I only just got back from a long day at the cinema, so only now have I found out what happened.

Missed the live webcast of the 2014 Winter Olympics election and presentations? Well, you are in luck. COME SEE THEIR PRESENTATIONS and ELECTION, compliments of this IOC article.

Link: IOC-> VIDEO: Candidate Cities' Presentations And Election

You must have WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 to see the videos.

L_ART_2193_uk.jpg

Missed the live webcast of the 2014 Winter Olympics election and presentations? Well, you are in luck. COME SEE THEIR PRESENTATIONS and ELECTION, compliments of this IOC article.

Link: IOC-> VIDEO: Candidate Cities' Presentations And Election

You must have WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 to see the videos.

L_ART_2193_uk.jpg

Thanks for posting that Guardian. I missed all the bid presentations. I was at work all day. I got home right at 7pm Eastern right in time to catch the announcement of the winning city live though. Thank god

BBC News 24 carried the announcement live just after midnight last night, but I watched it through Russia Today on Sky Digital. I just wish they'd got on with it quicker. This afternoon at work was a struggle on a lack of sleep.

I was originally watching the announcement through the IOC's live feed, but then it came up on CNN, which was a good five or so seconds ahead of the internet coverage. I would have thought that MSNBC would carry it live as well. They didn’t, instead they had infamous “To Catch an Internet Predator “ reruns. :huh:

wow....i just realized that the IOC's shortened video of VANOC's promotional video during the announcement ceremony was really botched up.