Live TV And Internet Coverage Of 2014 Bid Election

GBModerator

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could anyone tell me when will those events happen in Beijing Time ? Thank you.

You are, if I calculated right, about 14 hours ahead of Guatemala City's local time zone. For example, as of this post, you are now in this time period situation:

Tuesday, July 3rd @ 2:49 pm (1449 Hours)

In Guatemala City itself, it was the following:

Tuesday, July 3rd @ 12:49 am (0049 Hours)

So, if dave199 is correct about the 5:00 pm local Guatemala City time announcement, then at your location, the time would be about 7:00 am Beijing local time TOMORROW MORNING!

You are, if I calculated right, about 14 hours ahead of Guatemala City's local time zone. For example, as of this post, you are now in this time period situation:

Tuesday, July 3rd @ 2:49 pm (1449 Hours)

In Guatemala City itself, it was the following:

Tuesday, July 3rd @ 12:49 am (0049 Hours)

So, if dave199 is correct about the 5:00 pm local Guatemala City time announcement, then at your location, the time would be about 7:00 am Beijing local time TOMORROW MORNING!

Thank you very much Guardian ! :lol:

(From the International Herald Tribune article):

GUATEMALA CITY, Guatemala: A glance at the International Olympic Committee vote on Wednesday on the site of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

THE CANDIDATES: Salzburg, Austria; Pyeongchang, South Korea; Sochi, Russia.

THE IOC: The Olympic governing body has 111 members. Ten are royalty. Fourteen are women. Many are former Olympic athletes.

THE VOTERS: Ninety-seven can vote on the first round. Barred are president Jacques Rogge and members whose countries are still in the running: Three Russians, two Koreans, an Austrian and two Germans (one Salzburg event would be held in Germany). Five members are absent.

FINAL PRESENTATIONS: Each city makes a 45-minute presentation to the IOC, with 15 minutes more for questions and answers. Sochi goes first, followed by Salzburg and Pyeongchang.

THE VOTE: Starting at 3:30 p.m. (2130 GMT), IOC members cast secret ballots until one city receives a majority. The city with the fewest votes is eliminated after the first round, and its country's members can vote if there is a second round.

TIEBREAKERS: In the first round, if two cities are tied for second place, they would face a runoff. In the final round, Rogge would ask for a vote of the 15-member executive board to break a tie.

THE ANNOUNCEMENT: The ceremony starts at 5 p.m. (2300 GMT), with Rogge scheduled to open a sealed envelope and announce the winner a few minutes later.

An later add-on quote from the same news source, but from a NEW ARTICLE: "Reward Russia with its first Winter Olympics? Take the games to a new Asian market in South Korea? Or return to the Austrian Alps for the first time in nearly 40 years?"

The IOC interpretation of the post I made above.

Link: IOC: The 2014 Election

Within the link above, you can go to another link to hear and/or see what Jacques Rogge has to say about the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics host city vote.

Also, in a .pdf file, you can look up the entire list of all the IOC members within the first link, too.

Number of IOC members as of July 2007: 111

NOT VOTING:

IOC President Jacques Rogge

Nationals from the Russian Federation:

- Vitaly Smirnov

- Shamil Tarpischev

- Alexander Popov

Nationals from Austria:

- Leo Wallner

Nationals from Germany:

- Thomas Bach

- Walther Tröger

Nationals from the Republic of Korea:

- Kun Hee Lee

- Yong Sun Park

Excused members:

- Nawaf Faisal Fahd Abdulaziz (Saudi Arabia)

- Barbara Kendall (New Zealand)

- Nora de Liechtenstein

- Randhir Singh (India)

- Pernilla Wiberg (Sweden)

TOTAL NUMBER OF MEMBERS NOT VOTING:14

Number of members eligible to vote in the first round: 97

I got called today to schedule a job interview and when the woman asked if tomorrow at 4 pm UTC was OK I replied positively - totally forgetting about the IOC election :( I'll miss the end of Sochi's presentation and, most likely, all of Salzburg's. I could've perfectly ask her to set the interview for Thursday *stupid*

The announcement will undoubtedly be on MSNBC and CNN, especially with Guatemala being in the CST or the same time zone as Chicago and Mexico City, and only an hour behind NYC.

Umm, Guatemala is actually 2 hors behind New York, I know, it's weird, i'm in the New York time zone, and it's on olympic.org, it's really strange.

The IOC interpretation of the post I made above.

Link: IOC: The 2014 Election

Within the link above, you can go to another link to hear and/or see what Jacques Rogge has to say about the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics host city vote.

Also, in a .pdf file, you can look up the entire list of all the IOC members within the first link, too.

Number of IOC members as of July 2007: 111

NOT VOTING:

IOC President Jacques Rogge

Nationals from the Russian Federation:

- Vitaly Smirnov

- Shamil Tarpischev

- Alexander Popov

Nationals from Austria:

- Leo Wallner

Nationals from Germany:

- Thomas Bach

- Walther Tröger

Nationals from the Republic of Korea:

- Kun Hee Lee

- Yong Sun Park

Excused members:

- Nawaf Faisal Fahd Abdulaziz (Saudi Arabia)

- Barbara Kendall (New Zealand)

- Nora de Liechtenstein

- Randhir Singh (India)

- Pernilla Wiberg (Sweden)

TOTAL NUMBER OF MEMBERS NOT VOTING:14

Number of members eligible to vote in the first round: 97

Well, I guess the moment is about to occur in about less than 17 hours from now. The local Guatemala City time zone is the same as the Mountain Time Zone for Canada and the USA.

Half a day left now (12 hours to go). The IOC will have a live webcast on their main official website at 3:15 pm GMT. GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time (London, England).

Here is the latest IOC article and the agenda for today.

Link: IOC-> Live Webcast: 2014 Candidate Cities' Presentations And Election

Wednesday 4 July 2007 (local time in Guatemala City)

9:00 - 9:15

Opening of the 119th IOC Session - Followed by the presentations of the 2014 Candidate Cities

Westin Camino Real (Gran Salón Real)

9:15 - 10:15 Presentation by Sochi

(Watch Live!) Westin Camino Real (Gran Salón Real)

10:30 - 11:00 Press Conference by Sochi

Westin Camino Real (Izabal)

10:45 - 11:45 Presentation by Salzburg

12:00 - 12:30 Press Conference by Salzburg

12:15 - 13:15 Presentation by PyeongChang

13:30 - 14:00 Press Conference by PyeongChang

15:30 - 16:00 Election of the 2014 Host City for the XXII Olympic Winter Games

(Watch Live!) Westin Camino Real (Izabal)

17:00 Announcement Ceremony of the Host City of the XXII Olympic Winter Games

(Watch Live!) Real Intercontinental (Robles I et II)

18:30 Signature of the Host City contract followed by the joint IOC/Host City Press Conference

(Watch Live!) Westin Camino Real (Izabal)

Well, less than 45 minutes to go, before the IOC Session starts and less than 1 hour, before the Sochi 2014 bid team presents its final presentation to the IOC membership and will be seen by live webcast.

Link: IOC Official Website

banner_uk.gif

How do you access the live webcast? I've clicked on the site but all it does is give me the times etc. :huh:

According to my reckoning,it should have started by now!

Anyone able to advise.Thanks!

How do you access the live webcast? I've clicked on the site but all it does is give me the times etc. :huh:

According to my reckoning,it should have started by now!

Anyone able to advise.Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. Are they late or did they just forget to switch the webcast on :lol:!

Oooo ... Too bad I can't watch it :l Its 10.45pm here by the time they announce it , it will be the 5th of July , 7am . I'll be in school then . Ahh wells .. its between Sochi & Pyongchang . Who knows ? Pyongchang might just do a Paris 2012 .

Hey thanks, guess it's just an hour late, since the IOC said it would start at 9:15 CST.

Its actually not late, the reason its only starting now is becose Guatemala does not have daily saving time like North America does.

Anyway, Sochi's presentation should start in only a couple of minutes.

Its actually not late, the reason its only starting now is becose Guatemala does not have daily saving time like North America does.

yeah and I wonder in which quality it will be broadcasted...

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks

I didn't know either before this morning, actually. I realized it when I was checking the time difference between where I live and Guatemala City.

Its now 9:16 in Guatemala, so the presentation should be underway.

Archived