Live TV And Internet Coverage Of 2014 Bid Election

GBModerator

If you are aware of any live TV or Internet coverage of the 2014 Olympic bid election in your region or others, please post it here. We'll build a global list for everyone's reference. If you could email or call your local broadcaster, we will all appreciate it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are aware of any live TV or Internet coverage of the 2014 Olympic bid election in your region or others, please post it here. We'll build a global list for everyone's reference. If you could email or call your local broadcaster, we will all appreciate it.

That's a great idea, though I doubt there'd be any live coverage at all in Oz _ I doubt 99.9999 per cent of the population here even knows there will be a winter host decision. If anywhere, it will most likely be on cable here (CNN, BBC, MSNBC etc).

I think our European friends are going to have the live coverage from Guatemala City, considering that Salzburg and Sochi are in the 2014 race. I could be misinformed, but it seems to be that they have the benefit of doing this for quite a long while.

As an add-on here, I better put the link from the IOC, regarding the 119th IOC Session at Guatemala City.

Link: IOC: 119th IOC Session In Guatemala City - Information For The Media

LIVE WEBCAST: 2014 Candidate Cities' Presentations and Election

19 June 2007

Wednesday, 4 July 2007: A live webcast of the 2014 Candidate Cities' presentations to the 119th IOC Session, as well as the announcement ceremony of the Host City for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, will be available here.

http://www.olympic.org/uk/news/events/119_..._uk.asp?id=2193

The full programme can be found below:

* Please note that all times are local times and subject to change

Wednesday 4 July 2007 (local time in Guatemala City)

9:00 - 9:15 Opening of the 119th IOC Session - Followed by the presentations of the 2014 Candidate Cities

(Watch Live!) Westin Camino Real (Gran Salón Real)

9:15 - 10:15 Presentation by Sotchi

10:30 - 11:00 Press Conference by Sochi

Westin Camino Real (Izabal)

10:45 - 11:45 Presentation by Salzburg

12:00 - 12:30 Press Conference by Salzburg

12:15 - 13:15 Presentation by PyeongChang

13:30 - 14:00 Press Conference by PyeongChang

15:30 - 16:00 Election of the 2014 Host City for the XXII Olympic Winter Games

(Watch Live!) Westin Camino Real (Izabal)

17:00 Announcement Ceremony of the Host City of the XXII Olympic Winter

(Watch Live!) Real Intercontinental (Robles I et II)

18:30 Signature of the Host City contract followed by the joint IOC/Host City Press Conference

(Watch Live!) Westin Camino Real (Izabal)

That's a great idea, though I doubt there'd be any live coverage at all in Oz _ I doubt 99.9999 per cent of the population here even knows there will be a winter host decision. If anywhere, it will most likely be on cable here (CNN, BBC, MSNBC etc).

yea it is the same in new zealand lol

Whilst I imagine that the logic behind having the Announcement Ceremony at the Intercontinental Hotel is probably due to space reasons, I can't work out why the election would take place in the room used for press conferences, rather than the room used for the presentations? Anyone any ideas?

**WATCH LIVE ON WCSN.COM!**

2014 OLYMPIC GAMES HOST CITY ANNOUNCED

World Championship Sports Network (WCSN) will stream the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) 2014 Olympic Host City announcement and press conference on Wednesday, July 4, LIVE at 7 PM EST.

Olympic enthusiasts can go to WCSN.com to find out if the IOC selects Austria’s Salzburg, Russia’s Sochi, or South Korea’s Pyeongchang to host the 2014 Winter Games. All three cities seem to be in a dead heat, according to news sources. The announcement, from an IOC session in Guatemala, wraps up a two-year international campaign by the three host committees. Presentations by each country will also be available on-demand, on WCSN.com.

WHAT: IOC 2014 Olympic Host City Press Conference

DATE: Wednesday, July 4, 2007

SCHEDULE: LIVE at 7 PM EST

Well, let's hope that the Olympic Hymn (Anthem) will be sung, if possible, better than some have commented about the one at Singapore 2005 over there.

Before Jacques Rogge announces the winning bid for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, he is already in Guatemala City to receive an honorary Doctorate degree from the University of Galileo there. The title of the honorary degree for him is "Doctor Honoris Causa."

Link: IOC: IOC President Honoured With Title Of Doctor Honoris Causa

ARTP_2208_822_big.jpg

Before the University Convocation Ceremony

ARTP_2208_823_big.jpg

Receives a Medallion

ARTP_2208_824_big.jpg

Receives his Honorary Doctorate degree

ARTP_2208_825_big.jpg

In Formal Dress

ARTP_2208_826_big.jpg

A Press Conference Afterward

Only 3 more days till the whole voting process! I'm gonna be celebrating Independence day though, so, I might miss the whole online live action.... And I don't think the American TV network will be showing the election process live.... humph...

I don't think there will be live coverage in most of Canada, except for maybe the Vancouver area.

For 2012 there was live coverage (it occured during morning newscasts) for the much bigger event. I did "colour commentary" on Global News in Ontario.

For 2010, of course, there was major coverage in Canada due to Vancouver being a contender.

For 2008, there was major coverage because of Toronto.

The best bet is the Web.

Latest IOC article about how Guatemala 2007 will function.

Link: IOC-> IOC Session In Guatemala: "How Olympic Values Are Brought To Life"

ARTP_2207_818_big.jpg

“Bringing Olympic values alive”

The title of a video that will be shown to the IOC members at the 119th IOC Session in Guatemala City (to be seen on www.olympic.org on 5 July).

ARTP_2207_819_big.jpg

The election of the host city for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games will be one of the highlights of the 119th IOC Session in Guatemala City.

ARTP_2207_820_big.jpg

The Youth Olympic Games will be at the centre of attention at the 119th IOC Session in Guatemala City.

ARTP_2207_821_big.jpg

The Olympic Congress 2009, to take place in Copenhagen, will be launched at the 119th IOC Session in Guatemala City.

Oh, yeah. There is a PODCAST of Jacques Rogge explaining his idea of Olympic values. Within the link above, you have the choices of hearing in audio only or seeing the video of it in either mp4 or Windows Media Player formats.

The announcement of the winning city will be made at 5pm local time in Guatamala, is that 6pm Eastern Time then?

No, dave199. I do not know why, but Guatemala City local time is the exact same as the Mountain Standard Time, like where I am in Calgary. In other words, it is 7:00 pm EST equivalent. :blink:

No, dave199. I do not know why, but Guatemala City local time is the exact same as the Mountain Standard Time, like where I am in Calgary. In other words, it is 7:00 pm EST equivalent. :blink:

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I was getting all confused with the times and time zone changes

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I was getting all confused with the times and time zone changes

It is all right. Sometimes, I do sometimes wonder how certain countries can determine which time zone they belong to. After all, it was originally a Canadian "invention", wasn't it?

All right. At the eve of the IOC's decision on where the 2014 Olympic Winter Games makes its final home, the IOC has posted a few article about how the 119th IOC Session, at Guatemala City, will commence.

First, this link to this IOC article.

Link: IOC-> 119th IOC Session: B-Roll Footage Available For Broadcasters

3 July

8 p.m. local time (tbc)

Opening of the 119th IOC Session

- Highlights of IOC President’s opening speech

- Pictures of the Opening Ceremony

4 July

6 p.m. local time (tbc)

2014 Election

- Interview with the IOC President following the election of the 2014 Host City

- Pictures of the winning city

6 July

From 9.40 a.m. local time

Youth Olympic Games

- Soundbites of the IOC President on the Youth Olympic Games

Second IOC article:

Link: IOC: Guatemala Welcomes The World Of Sport

Eight pictures from the article here:

1. ARTP_2209_832_big.jpg

Young Volunteers For The 119th IOC Session

2. ARTP_2209_833_big.jpg

Preparing The Venue

3. ARTP_2209_834_big.jpg

Signage

4. ARTP_2209_835_big.jpg

The Westin Camino Real

5. ARTP_2209_836_big.jpg

The Very Convention Room, Where The Winning Bid for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games Will Be Announced

6. ARTP_2209_837_big.jpg

The Competing Cities (Bid Logos)

7. ARTP_2209_838_big.jpg

IOC member in Charge Of The 119th IOC Session, Willi Kaltschmitt, with Jacques Rogge

8. ARTP_2209_839_big.jpg

The Same Room as Picture 5, Once The 2014 Olympic Winter Games Host City Is Known

Most of all, the IOC President, Dr. Jacques Rogge, welcomes the heads of state of the national Olympic committees (NOCs) that are bidding for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games: the XXIInd Winter Olympics.

Link: IOC: IOC President Welcomes Candidate Cities' Delegations

ARTP_2214_845_big.jpg

IOC President: Dr. Jacques Rogge

ARTP_2214_846_big.jpg

IOC President With the President of the Russian Federation: Vladimir Putin

rs-lgflag.gif

ARTP_2214_847_big.jpg

IOC President With the Austrian Prime Minister and Sports Minister: Alfred Gusenbauer

au-lgflag.gif

ARTP_2214_848_big.jpg

IOC President With the President of the Republic of Korea (South Korea): Roh Moo-Hyun

ks-lgflag.gif

ARTP_2214_849_big.jpgARTP_2214_850_big.jpgARTP_2214_851_big.jpg

Archived