Netherlands Antilles

Faster

This is a strange question, but the Netherlands Antilles are breaking up with Curacao and Sint Maarten seperating from them and Bonaire, Saba and Sint E-something-or-other are forming the same relationship as Guadeluope and the like have to France.

How will the IOC handle this because of the independece pocily? With the fact that the Netherlands Antilles already had an NOC count towards Curcao and Sint Maarten competeing under their own flag?

This is a strange question, but the Netherlands Antilles are breaking up with Curacao and Sint Maarten seperating from them and Bonaire, Saba and Sint E-something-or-other are forming the same relationship as Guadeluope and the like have to France.

How will the IOC handle this because of the independece pocily? With the fact that the Netherlands Antilles already had an NOC count towards Curcao and Sint Maarten competeing under their own flag?

Not a strange question at all.

Curacao and Sint Maarten will become separate nations, and I think in the case of Curacao will inherit the AHO NOC

The other islands are being grouped together as The Kingdom Islands as a compodant part of the Netherlands.

Not a strange question at all.

Curacao and Sint Maarten will become separate nations, and I think in the case of Curacao will inherit the AHO NOC

The other islands are being grouped together as The Kingdom Islands as a compodant part of the Netherlands.

They won't become seperate, they will become like Aruba, therefore not indepedent, so won't be able to get their own NOC's by current IOC rules.

I don't think that it is official that Curacao and St. Maarten are "leaving" the Dutch commonwealth and become independent states....For several years there are discussions but never finalized.

So for the time being I think these "states" will compete under the flag of the Netherlands Antilles.

I don't think that it is official that Curacao and St. Maarten are "leaving" the Dutch commonwealth and become independent states....For several years there are discussions but never finalized.

So for the time being I think these "states" will compete under the flag of the Netherlands Antilles.

"The Netherlands Antilles is to be disbanded on December 15, 2008.

In 2004 a commission of the governments of the Netherlands Antilles and the Netherlands reported on a future status for the Netherlands Antilles. The commission advised a revision of the Statute of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in order to dissolve the Netherlands Antilles.

Two new associated states within the Kingdom of the Netherlands would be formed, Curaçao and Sint Maarten.

Meanwhile, Bonaire, Saba and Sint Eustatius would become a direct part of the Netherlands as special municipalities (bijzondere gemeente), a form of "public body" (openbaar lichaam) as outlined in article 134 of the Dutch Constitution. "

They're not, they are becoming like Aruba to the Netherlands. Still part of them about independent of the other Dutch holdings.

Archived