A Brand New Website Of Beijing 2008

A brand new official website of the BEIJING 2008 Olympic Games was launched on Tuesday. The new site is based on a solid foundation of quick Games-time turnaround making use of mature, mainstream technology, an elegant color scheme and tasteful design, and clear and simply organization for ease of use.

Since 2001, the official website of the BEIJING 2008 Olympic Games has undergone numerous facelifts, from the modest website used solely for reporting news at the onset gradually evolving into a comprehensive platform for news about the preparation for the Games, society and sports news, as well as for interaction with web users. The volume of official website visitors surpassed 1.3 million visitors the day the official mascots were released. The changes in the official website of the BEIJING 2008 reflects the continual progress with the preparations for the Games.

Img214096309.jpg

i love it! a HUGE improvement over the old design....i like how its easier to navigate, the old site simply threw random things everywhere not to mention a bit of Chinglish too.

and the sport event logos (whatever they're called) are awesome!

I'm an estimator of the Beijing logo but I have to admit that it losts its appeal without red.. and honestly those colour schemes seem too cold for a summer olympiad.

Btw the site is nice and easy accessible.

Athens' and Torino's sites, and even the ones for the Melbourne Commonwealth Games and Doha Asian Games were awesome and easy to use, far superior to Beijing's site at this point. Beijing's is rather muddled, but they still have time to work out the kinks. Maybe they'll work out a deal with Yahoo or Microsoft or Lenovo. Probably not, but there's plenty of time.

By the way, love the sig P2K4, Elena is a honey :wub::wub::wub: