Foreign Office Advice To Britons In Nigeria

No I figures, that it was a like for like comparison, cos it was comparing How many Nigerians were Mudered in England to How many Britons Murdered in Nigeria. The point being that one of the two countries would be the country where the most citizens were Murdered.

What's not fair about that. It's not my fault that Brits like Stabbing Nigerians and then telling their citizens that they aren't safe in Nigeria.

When you start this kind of comparison, then ALL conditions must be the same, otherwise the comparison is not fair. To compare five years in Britain with one year in Nigeria, as you did, is not fair. You either do five years or one year for both, instead of bending things to suit yourself.

Either way it's the same result. The Niger Delta Crisis Started in Q4 2005. Prior to that there was no immediate harm to foreigners in the country. This year, a Brit was killed, in a struggle to rescue hostages. He would not have died, if The Task Force did not Heroically Intervene. A lot more Brits have died in Nigeria, but like I said before they were not murdered. Looking at the Information Available There were Approx 6 Nigerians Murdered in the Last Five Years, One Brit Mudered in The Last Five Years.

According to BBC there are 16,000 Britons living in Nigeria currently

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/in_d...html/africa.stm

Approximately 1 to 3 Million Nigerians live in Britain.

There is a Higher Percentage of Nigerian Homicides in the Nigerian Diaspora Population in Comparison to The number of Percentage of Briton Homicides in the British Population in Nigeria, but the Fact remains that there is a Greater chance of a Nigerian being Murdered in Britain than the chances of a Briton being Murdered in Nigeria.

Are you happy now?

To be brutally honest with you, no, on two key counts.

First, your figure for the number of Nigerians living in Britain is wildly inaccurate as shown by the same source that you cited for your figure of Britons living in Nigeria.

Born Abroad - Nigeria (BBC News)

The most recent population source is the 2001 Census, which, as shown on the above link, records 88,105 Nigerian born people living in Britain at that time, nowhere near the figure you claim.

Second, you listed four cases previously, one of which you didn't give a name for, but now talk of "approximately six". So how many is it exactly?

If we take the four you list, then that reveals a LOWER ratio of deaths to people among Nigerians in Britain than among Britons in Nigeria, based upon the figures we have, and we still do not have a concrete source for the figures of Britons killed in Nigeria yet. That does tend to disprove your claim.

In short, you have attempted to make out that Nigeria is a safer country than Britain, whereas the figures, and anecdotal evidence brought to our attention, suggests otherwise.

If a Briton is Murdered in Nigeria, it makes at least 500 News Articles and 10 Major Media Stations. Only one Briton was Murdered in Nigeria in the Last Five Years, any other Briton that Died in the country died of Natural causes or of an Accident

The most recent population source is the 2001 Census, which, as shown on the above link, records 88,105 Nigerian born people living in Britain at that time, nowhere near the figure you claim.

Yes but that is 88,105 Legal People living in Britain. Anyway it only strengthens my point. Thank you for the Post.

As you should be aware by now there have being Several Nigerian Deaths in Britain (Homicide) and Only One recorded Murder in Nigeria, thus Highlighting that although Nigeria may not be as safe as Britain, Foreigners aren't Murdered as much as in Britain.

In short, you have attempted to make out that Nigeria is a safer country than Britain, whereas the figures, and anecdotal evidence brought to our attention, suggests otherwise.

I Never said Nigeria was Safer, I simply said that there is a far Greater Chance of a Nigerian being Murdered in Britain when compared to the Murders of Britons in Nigeria.

Even the death of the single Brit was a rare incident, as it was triggered by Nigerian Task Force Marines trying to Rescue the Brit.

Yes and what is the relevancy of a list that has Mali Benin and Bhutan above Saudi Arabia.

Is Saudi Arabia really a failed state?

I would personally rather live in Saudi Arabia than most European countries and America.

If a failed State is a state that doesn't comply with American "Beliefs" Then yes Saudi Arabia is a failed State, Egypt is a Failed State and Nigeria is a failed State.

Shows how much you know . Human rights in Saudi Arabia is among the worst . What kind of inhuman law system would make Adultery punishable by stoning ? Death by hanging is among the highest in the world . Not to mention Al-Qaeda is one of the Saudi's goverment main opponents . Bhutan was one of the highest in the Happy Planet Index .

If you can't find rock-solid evidence for your opinion , don't raise such asumptions .

Shows how much you know . Human rights in Saudi Arabia is among the worst . What kind of inhuman law system would make Adultery punishable by stoning ? Death by hanging is among the highest in the world . Not to mention Al-Qaeda is one of the Saudi's goverment main opponents . Bhutan was one of the highest in the Happy Planet Index .

If you can't find rock-solid evidence for your opinion , don't raise such asumptions .

It's called Democracy, the people of Saudi Arabia are happy with their laws, their economy is booming, their is employment, so what exactly are you implying.

If The Saudi Government were to change their Laws, the people would revolt, it's theri culture, its SHARIA.

And yes it does show what I know.

4 or 5 murder in either country hardly makes a difference in the grand scheme of things, terrible as they are.

That's Rhetoric. I am not saying that 4 Murders makes the whole of Britain unsafe, but if the Security of the Niger Delta a region that is Miles away from Abuja, is being used against Abuja, then it is only fair that we bring all occurrences to the Table.

The Fact is the Persuasion on the part of British Government asking all of its citizens to leave the Niger Delta has nothing to do with the Bid in Abuja. British Oil workers who willingly choose to work in the region are being kidnapped then released. The Nigerian Government is working towards an end to the hostage takings, so raising this question about security in the Niger Delta is ridiculous.

If Britain wants its citizens to leave Nigeria, maybe even Africa, I don't really care, what does that have to do with the CG 2014. The inhabitants of Abuja are not at risk from the Militants in the South of the Country.

You could ask, why the Government would want to host the Games when their is a major crisis in another part of the country. That would be a better question, but I could easily answer that for you.

I see you're changing your tune now. So the whole of Britain is not unsafe now? It never was in the first place, but that didn't stop you pedalling an assertion which the statistics do not support.

What does this have to do with the Commonwealth Games bid? I would have thought that was obvious. It goes right to the heart of the bid - will athletes, officials, media and spectators be safe there if Abuja hosts the Games? It's probably the most fundamental question there is.

Since when has Saudi Arabia been a democratic state?

Democracy doesn't have to be a part of the constitution for it to be in place. Saudi Arabia is an absolute Monarchy where people can converse with other leaders and the people to determine the rules etc.

A country with sharia and a country with all its citizens being Muslims, will obviously be a country were ancient or Habitual Laws are Practiced Mutually and Acceptedly.

There is a significant minority of non-Muslin people living in Saudi Arabia. I know people who have lived out there for many years. And an absolute monarchial regime is very, very different from democracy.

You don't seem to understand Muslim Law.

If the Saudi Government was to change their laws and Ban Sharia Law, it would only take 5 Minutes for the People to Overthrow the Government.

Those issues which NYCD 2012 highlighted, are issues which the Saudi Arabian people are happy with. They don't want it to be changed. Most of the people that are stoned to death aren't stoned by law enforcement officers, they are stoned by ordinary citizens.

Saudi Arabia isn't USA or America, they have their own ways of handling issues, but that doesn't make them a "Failed State"

If the people are victimized or are being treated passively, then yes you could say that the Emirate is a Failed state, but that is not the case.

Sharia Law is not a regular Law, it is a culture. You cannot look down upon the Law without being a bigot. I don't like the Law and I agree with NYCD 2012, that in some aspects it is inhumane, but it is a part of Islam, their religion.

I am still waiting for the trials to begin on the geocide committed by the ancestors of great britans on the natives of both the Americas and Africa. The Brits gave the American Indians blankets laced with European decease to deliberatly kill off the Indians. The Brits killed off the Native tribe on the Island of Newfoundland . I would like to see Reparations for my ancestors from Scotland who were the only persons in the history of mankind to ever be driven from their land to make way for animals . This was the British Wool Company that in the 19th century sent my ancestors to Nova Scotia to make way for sheep and then to have us displace the Indians in some areas.

The Brits think they are so high and mighty yet it us out in the former empire that the sun never set on Know Better. Brits are probably the big pack of liars ,thieves and welchers on the planet. 1 billion dollars has been owned to Canada since 1945 by great birtian to save your asses from Hitler. To me why get involved in Europes idiotic cycle of a continent wide land war every second generation until the americans invented the atomic bomb.

Yes it is nice to talk about human rights everywheres else in the world but what about the Birmingham Five ???? Convinced simply for being Irish and being at the wrong place at the wrong time in jolly old Great Britian . How fast some people forget their imcompitant mistakes or their debts to others LOL.

In the 50's a canadain victoria cross bomber pilot from little harbour nova scotia went into a meeting to sell t shirts to british department store chain from a large undergarment factory in Nova Scotia . He was told by the brits that they had to by from their friends in Germany. The Victoria Cross Bomber pilot could not beleive that these people who the people of canada have melted down their alumimum pots and pans for to make bombers to save the uk were not so very ungrateful to choose the very people who tried to wide the UK off the face of the map over canadains who prevented Hitler from invading your sorry excuse for a country .

If it wasnt for Lord beaverbrook on New Brunswick and his expertise on industrial production spitfire production would not have kept up with the need during the Battle of Britian.

That is the mentality of the British use you for their gain and then disregard what you have done for them LOL.

jim jones

Not only pathetically and disgusting xenophobic, but totally irrelevant, as usual.

There is democracy in most constitutions except for a Tyranny. It may not be the Basis of the constitution, but a gathering of people deciding amongst them selves and communicating with the people to decide what is best for all of them can be nothing other than Democracy.

I don't know how you were raised to perceive things, but not all that Glitters is the West.

Not only pathetically and disgusting xenophobic, but totally irrelevant, as usual.

No we know what the commonwealths past has been Great Britian being the master to the rest of us colonials being your slave. Samuel Cunard the founder of Cunard lines was from Halifax, Nova Scotia and after his death British bosses of the compnay basically made a mighty vertically intergrated company into a state owned affair that eventually came into Mickey Arisons hand in Miami . Us another example of how you take something from Canada then have british management put it in the hands of The Americans thru utter stupidity LOL.

Just goes to show that the colonies can do better when they distance themselves from the mother land LOL.

Jim jones

That's Rhetoric. I am not saying that 4 Murders makes the whole of Britain unsafe, but if the Security of the Niger Delta a region that is Miles away from Abuja, is being used against Abuja, then it is only fair that we bring all occurrences to the Table.

The Fact is the Persuasion on the part of British Government asking all of its citizens to leave the Niger Delta has nothing to do with the Bid in Abuja. British Oil workers who willingly choose to work in the region are being kidnapped then released. The Nigerian Government is working towards an end to the hostage takings, so raising this question about security in the Niger Delta is ridiculous.

If Britain wants its citizens to leave Nigeria, maybe even Africa, I don't really care, what does that have to do with the CG 2014. The inhabitants of Abuja are not at risk from the Militants in the South of the Country.

You could ask, why the Government would want to host the Games when their is a major crisis in another part of the country. That would be a better question, but I could easily answer that for you.

the thing is that these UK people tend to forget is that the IRA was running wild bombing Great Britian the last time the commonwealth games was held in Scotland. Africa boycotted Edinburgh 1986 because of the refusal to take a stand on human rights in South Africa.

Prior to the 1970 awarding of the 1976 Montreal Olympics six people had been killed in Quebec via bombs in mail boxes and the montreal stock exchange was bombed as well. Then after the awarding of Montreal 1976 in 1970 British High Commisioniare James Cross was kidnapped and the province of Quebec had their minister of Labour kidnapped and murdered by the FLQ.

I cant recall any of these kidnappings in the Delta ever ending in anything but a payoff and release of the oil workers. Abuja is about the distance to the delta that London is to Scotland.

The civil situation on the ground when a city is awarded a sports festival in many cases is not perfect and in many cases far from it .

jim jones

and totally true you cant hide from your forefathers violent past to the conquered masses in the colonies

jim jones

Brits are probably the big pack of liars ,thieves and welchers on the planet

You are a total shite and I sincerely hope the Abuja bid team ask you to speak at their presentation; because there's no way with you as a supporter they can win! Now bugger off back to the swamp you came from.

Archived