Foreign Office Advice To Britons In Nigeria

quite possibly. its a troubling development. The FCO dont issue advice like that lightly - particularly in an area where there is a large British economic interest i.e. oil.

Here is the link to the official announcement on the Foreign Office website:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagena...d=1181128151875

Here is the link to the official announcement on the Foreign Office website:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagena...d=1181128151875

Yes and when they get back to heathrow for their connecting flight to nowheres ville in the rest of Great Britian they can have their luggage destroyed by baggage handlers like was the case yesterday for me .

The advisory is nothing new at all and has more to do with the delta region which Abuja is not part of . So what if the british put out a bulletin on Nigeria . they should really do something about their underground which is the dirtiest place I am have been and i have riden the NYC subway system.

Jim jones

Yes, it is so incredibly filthy on the London underground isn't it. We have the worst transport system anywhere in the world. The Nigerian transport system puts us to shame.

FosterCanaryWharfStation.jpg

tube2_430x320.jpg

aoshima_art.jpg

8744_2.jpg

050123_n003ps.jpg

l-canary-wharf-tube-station.jpg

Yes and when they get back to heathrow for their connecting flight to nowheres ville in the rest of Great Britian they can have their luggage destroyed by baggage handlers like was the case yesterday for me .

The advisory is nothing new at all and has more to do with the delta region which Abuja is not part of . So what if the british put out a bulletin on Nigeria . they should really do something about their underground which is the dirtiest place I am have been and i have riden the NYC subway system.

Utterly irrelevant, which doesn't make a change with you. I don't see anyone recommending their nationals leave Glasgow or Scotland, or Britain for that matter. Perhaps you would like to consider this issue more carefully and then respond again.

Yes, it is so incredibly filthy on the London underground isn't it. We have the worst transport system anywhere in the world. The Nigerian transport system puts us to shame.

FosterCanaryWharfStation.jpg

tube2_430x320.jpg

aoshima_art.jpg

8744_2.jpg

050123_n003ps.jpg

l-canary-wharf-tube-station.jpg

very recent additions to the London underground and I can see why the olympics will cost so much because the old lines from heathrow are absolutely appauling for filth.

I was in London on Wednesday last week and Monday, Tuesday this week.

I was surprized but not really . the "Watch the gap" thing really was something that the subway trains and the platform levels were not on the same level.

Jim jones

When did this become a discussion about the merits of the London Underground exactly? I was under a seemingly misguided impression that this was a topic about the safety of foreign nationals in a country whose capital is bidding for the 2014 Commonwealth Games. How silly of me to get so confused.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a Statistic for you. And if it is false, may I die a horrible death and be bound in Hell forever Amen.

Is it not true that more Nigerians die in Britain Annually than Britons in the Niger Delta.

So in other words their is a bigger chance that a Nigerian will die in Britain than the chances of a Briton dying in Nigeria.

Nigerian Teenagers are Murdered in Britain and in other European countries Annually, but in the Niger Delta Hostages are Fed well given Mineral Water, Cigarettes and then released so that they may continue the Lavish lifestyles that Oil Workers enjoy elsewhere.

Am I falsifying, or am I not speaking the Truth?

People wail about Nigeria endlessly as if their own countries are anything to smile about.

Yes and what is the relevancy of a list that has Mali Benin and Bhutan above Saudi Arabia.

Is Saudi Arabia really a failed state?

I would personally rather live in Saudi Arabia than most European countries and America.

If a failed State is a state that doesn't comply with American "Beliefs" Then yes Saudi Arabia is a failed State, Egypt is a Failed State and Nigeria is a failed State.

Christopher Aleneme, one of several Nigerians Murdered in Britain in the Past 5 Years

His coffin

_41948798_funeral203.jpg

Here's The Article, British Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/5231224.stm

Damilola Taylor, another Nigerian Teenager Murdered

dp2.jpg

Article: http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/arti...hp?storyid=1689

Jude Akapa

Source: http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/arti...hp?storyid=1689

No Britons have being killed in Nigeria in the Last Year apart from one Guy; David Hunt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6176880.stm.

Another Nigerian was killed in London about 2 weeks ago. It's not really surprising. Britain is the Johannesburg of Europe

There is also Proof that Hostages taken in the Niger Delta have been well treated, as First Hand Interviews between hostages have been made. I'll try and find the link.

No like for like comparison I see. Five years and one year? Presumably that is because an actual fair comparison, based in objectivity, wouldn't actually suit you, would it?

And are you claiming all those were race attacks? The only one I've heard of is poor Damilola Taylor and I have a feeling that was not a race killing. So why not come back with a fair comparison, if you can of course?

These "statistics" does not mean anything as long as you don't provide two figures:

• the number of Nigerians living in UK
  • the number of British living in Nigeria

Quite frankly, the fact that the hostages are not killed is not really confort to me. I would ather have no hostage at all...

Can you name me a Brit apart from David Hunt that was killed in Nigeria in the Last 5 years?

It makes no difference whether I wrote 5 Years or a billion years, the fact remains that Nigerians are at more risk in England than Brits are in Nigeria, because any Baboon will tell you that it is better to be kidnapped then released than to die. And what do you mean Race killing, what is the relevancy of that statement? Are you saying His death is of little importance because it wasn't triggered by Racial Status, what does that even have to do with the Subject at hand?

How is this not a Fair Comparison?

Of course many Brits Died in Nigeria in the last 5 years, but they weren't murdered they either died of Natural causes or Accidents etc.

Back to you.

These "statistics" does not mean anything as long as you don't provide two figures:
  • the number of Nigerians living in UK
  • the number of British living in Nigeria

Quite frankly, the fact that the hostages are not killed is not really confort to me. I would ather have no hostage at all...

And what might that amount to?.

Or are you implying that because Nigeria might have a larger Population base in England, it would be alright to take a stab at a couple of youths from Nigeria.

You speak about the convenience of not having a hostage crisis. Well in reality, The Nigerian Government are Persevering towards a Peaceful Resolution, and I have no doubt in mind that in the end the region will calm down. After all the Militants have eased the tension in the Area, so that the new Administration may embark upon Necessary reforms.

And what might that amount to?.

I don't know. You are the one throwing out numbers.

Just pointing out that you can say anything with statistics especially when one provides half of the figures.

Or are you implying that because Nigeria might have a larger Population base in England, it would be alright to take a stab at a couple of youths from Nigeria.

Certainly not and I hope you know it. Any murder is a tragedy.

The only thing I am saying is, when one talk about crime, one usually provide murder or crime rate (i.e. number of homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, number of hate crime per 100,000 habitants...). Again draw comparison between what can be compared.

BTW, I am not making any statement in the Britain Vs Nigeria war. Just pointing out that up to know, the figures do not mean anything, one way or the other.

I don't know. You are the one throwing out numbers.

Just pointing out that you can say anything with statistics especially when one provides half of the figures.

Certainly not and I hope you know it. Any murder is a tragedy.

The only thing I am saying is, when one talk about crime, one usually provide murder or crime rate (i.e. number of homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, number of hate crime per 100,000 habitants...). Again draw comparison between what can be compared.

That concept is irrelevant as I am simply comparing the chances of citizens from the respective countries dying in the other country. Not the Percentage of the Population Murdered, although in England's case that would be simple 1/Pop x 100%

Nigeria wouldn't be to easy, I would have to scoop all over the net for all the the Teenagers Murdered

Can you name me a Brit apart from David Hunt that was killed in Nigeria in the Last 5 years?

It makes no difference whether I wrote 5 Years or a billion years, the fact remains that Nigerians are at more risk in England than Brits are in Nigeria, because any Baboon will tell you that it is better to be kidnapped then released than to die. And what do you mean Race killing, what is the relevancy of that statement? Are you saying His death is of little importance because it wasn't triggered by Racial Status, what does that even have to do with the Subject at hand?

How is this not a Fair Comparison?

Of course many Brits Died in Nigeria in the last 5 years, but they weren't murdered they either died of Natural causes or Accidents etc.

Back to you.

Why should you expect me to? The simple point I was making is this - you were attempting to make an unfair, unbalanced comparison to score a cheap point. And, as Cfm has rightly stated, we also need to know the numbers of each nationality living in the respective countries. Citing one here, one there makes little sense. Saying how many out of a certain number allows far greater context to be put on these things.

Anyway, the crucial point in this discussion is not a body count, and let's face it that's what you want to indulge in. The crucial point is this - the British Foreign Office has told its nationals to leave the Niger Delta. If Britain is as unsafe as you claim it to be, then why don't the Nigerian authorities tell its nationals to leave Britain? If they haven't, and if they had we would certainly have heard about it, then it can't be that bad can it?

You are correct, The Nigerian Government should consider asking it's citizens to vacate England, after all if England is persuading it's citizens to leave The Niger Delta because of Kidnappings, it would seem odd if Nigeria didn't persuade it's citizens to leave because of Murder, a more Severe case.

I don't think I actually said that. Re-reading my post reveals that, lo and behold, I did not. What a surprise - an Abuja supporter twisting things for his own ends.

How's the like for like comparison coming on? Given up because it doesn't suit you?

Archived