What Happened To All The Abuja Nut-heads ?

So who are these nations supporting Abuja? Which nations have openly declared their allegiances like the Maldives and Brunei? Come on then, if you're so confident. I challenge you, here and now, to produce a list of all the national Commonwealth Games Federations which have publicly declared their intention to support Abuja in November, complete with evidence of where and when such a statement was made. Because, without that, your claim of "two more to win" is no more than idle speculation.

Not only that, but still you make the same claims, which have been repeatedly discredited by your failure to answer the specific questions that have been put to you on them. When are you actually going to get into the real world?

First of all buddy I love man but hey in a non-sexual way LOL. Go to the Abuja 2014 website and take a look . You do know about a new trend started in the 1990s called surfing the web dont you LOL.

Sierra Leone, South Africa, Grenada, Zambia, Namibia, Jamaica all have made endorsements. Just ask yourself how many have been made for the little rock of a country in the north part of the British Isles with a mere 60 percent of the population of Nigeria's largest city Lagos ?

Oh and by the way when I was on that trip to Abuja which you would still be saying I never took but cant even admit I am right. I caught some inside information from a sport figure in Africa. It seems in his talks that a certain countries sport officials ,that would be considered a rich country, are supporting Abuja but not in Public. It would be a country that would normally vote for Scotland but that went away with the very generous offer for a training grant of absolutely nothing as of may 9th 2007 by Glasgow 2014. The freezing of the bid for training grants is a huge faux paux by Glasgow 2014 that the Abuja committee slammed them on . ROTFLMAO @ U

jim jones

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have information, then why don't you come out with it openly and in full instead of making meaningless statements like that? Especially when you still haven't developed the ability to answer awkward questions.

You talk about 34 nations supporting Abuja and then cite only six. That's a hell of a difference. Either Abuja has all these public endorsements or it does not and it is nothing more than you spouting rubbish. You've made the claim. You back it up.

When's the vote taking place? Scotland supporters need to be put out of their misery.

It's like there's something about Nigeria that just ticks the Scots off. There's been nothing but foul comments coming from Scots at the ongoing U-20 games in Canada. We beat them fair and square 2-0 and all but ensured the European runners-up pack their bags and head back for Glasgow this evening. We were runners up in the last U-20 world cup, losing to 2 penalties to Argentina in the final. We've had a better run in the tournament this time around than as at this stage in 2005. Being 1 of only 4 teams with a 100% win record and one of 3 teams that are yet to concede a single goal.

Yet somehow, the Scots have the odacity to write us off and say "Nigeria is not going to make the later stages of the competition". Ha!!!

We may not win the tourny. But nothing gives the Scots the right to make snide remarks after being consistently thumped by the Africans.

First, I'm struggling to find any connection between the World Under-20 football championships and the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Second, if any comments were made by the Scottish team about their Nigerian opponents, then it appears the Nigerian side have used them as they should have done. Proof would be welcome.

Third, "Scottish supporters need to be put out of their misery"? Isn't that just a tad presumptious?

Wait till the final outcome. You're absolutely and completely deluded if in your wildest imagination you think Glasgow would get the bid ahead of Abuja in the vote. At the end of the day. It's the politics that matters and no matter how must sobbing and pleas and arguments the Glasgow bid supporters make, the outcome remains what the political decision would be. There is little Glasgow can do to thump Abuja.

Wait till the final outcome. You're absolutely and completely deluded if in your wildest imagination you think Glasgow would get the bid ahead of Abuja in the vote. At the end of the day. It's the politics that matters and no matter how must sobbing and pleas and arguments the Glasgow bid supporters make, the outcome remains what the political decision would be. There is little Glasgow can do to thump Abuja.

Look who is talking ..... the Glasgow suporters aren't the ones predicting the vote . Unlike a certain Abuja suporter named Jimjones that keeps predicting a 50-21 vote to Abuja . Your fellow suporter jimjones aka the spritual nigerian is the one predicting the votes not us . Please read the other posts before you talk . You think Abuja is way ahead of Glasgow , you think Nigeria has already won the bid , mind you the vote is still 4 months away . Don't count your chickens before they hatch !

Look who is talking ..... the Glasgow suporters aren't the ones predicting the vote . Unlike a certain Abuja suporter named Jimjones that keeps predicting a 50-21 vote to Abuja . Your fellow suporter jimjones aka the spritual nigerian is the one predicting the votes not us . Please read the other posts before you talk . You think Abuja is way ahead of Glasgow , you think Nigeria has already won the bid , mind you the vote is still 4 months away . Don't count your chickens before they hatch !

damn straight!

So your basic premise is that the voters of the CGF are going to give Abuja the Games regardless of who has the best bid, is it?

so since you are so aware of the Glasgow Bid I have to ask you did the Asian countries make their inspection of Glasgow Scotland before July 3rd?

July 3rd to July 7th is when the Asian nations were in Abuja and that would account for Maldives and Brunei making their support statements to THIS DAY.

If the The Maldives and Brunei visited Scotland before July Third then they saw what Glasgow had to offer and decided Abuja had better Venues which it does at this time. Being able to touch and walk thru the actually venue is way better then computer generated graphics or drafting plots of proposed venues.

The sentimential agruement of Africa never hosting is one thing but actually having the latest IAAF class one facility in the commonwealth that shraes the largest capicity for a IAAF class one Stadium with Edmontons commonwealth stadium speaks Volumes over an experiment that Glasgow is trying to push with scafolding over a soccer pitch and 33 percent less seating capacity.

I hope that Scotland actually advances in the U 20 . Nigeria supporters could use some more joy by dishing out more punishment to our scottish rivals both in regards to the CWG 2014 biding and the U20s. LOL

jim jones

Time after time you make the same belittling claims about Glasgow's venues and time after time you are exposed to be wrong. Not only that, but the fact that you keep implying that Glasgow should be building a new stadium when there is no need for them to do so shows that you are a hypocrite, given the way you whine about money to suit yourself.

Second, three quarters of Glasgow's venues are ALREADY IN PLACE, so this talk of graphics and plots as though that is the main facet of the bid plan is drivel. And to say that Abuja has a better overall venue package is wrong.

Third, you don't know when the visit to Glasgow was made, if one has been made at all, so instead of speculating, why not actually engage in debate on facts?

Time after time you make the same belittling claims about Glasgow's venues and time after time you are exposed to be wrong. Not only that, but the fact that you keep implying that Glasgow should be building a new stadium when there is no need for them to do so shows that you are a hypocrite, given the way you whine about money to suit yourself.

Second, three quarters of Glasgow's venues are ALREADY IN PLACE, so this talk of graphics and plots as though that is the main facet of the bid plan is drivel. And to say that Abuja has a better overall venue package is wrong.

Third, you don't know when the visit to Glasgow was made, if one has been made at all, so instead of speculating, why not actually engage in debate on facts?

Yes it quess that Abuja having their Aquatics events in the same place is not as good as having diving 41 miles away in a former commonwealth games host city LOL. Again Who has weak finances when they cant even get a basic core sport of every single sports festival under the same roof.

I really cant get my head around that one except to say it shows how bogus the Glasgow bid really is. Would it take 20 million Us to have Tollcross with all Aquatic events in the same place for Glasgow 2014???? probably . So this well financed machine of Glasgow 2014 what their excuse for that and what would be the excuse for not having equal training grants for every single nation in the commonwealth regardless of need like Abuja 2014 ?

Oh and by the way I just saw a report on the 2007 ALL-African Games funding for Team Nigeria and the total funding for that single event for 700 athletes is 15 million US from their federal government. Considering the cost of Training funding for Abuja 2014 is about half for all 71 commonwealth nations or terrioties I think we can put to rest financial concerns in regards to Abuja. LOL

Abuja has the venues , they have the financing and they are not using any arts centers for their bid for the weightlifting (which is not a bad thing at all because it is a natural venue for weighlifting in many past games hostings). Those are the lenghts the Abuja bid goes to . Meanwhile back in Glasgow they try to think of new ways experiment with things LOL.

jim jones

No I am asking you did the Asians visit Glasgow yet because they visited Abuja between July 3 and July 7 . If they haven't visited Glasgow then they might have A. made up their minds before hand or B. saw that Abuja has a set of World Class venues in place and the Glasgow bid on paper is not going to meet what they are inspecting in Abuja.

If the Asians inspected Glasgow before their statement in Abuja then they didnt seem impressed with this so called superior bid from Glasgow, Scotland. A bid that is dependant on the sentiment that Africa is not ready at this time as along as Glasgow Scotland in applying for the job LOL.

Jim Jones

Yes it quess that Abuja having their Aquatics events in the same place is not as good as having diving 41 miles away in a former commonwealth games host city LOL. Again Who has weak finances when they cant even get a basic core sport of every single sports festival under the same roof.

I really cant get my head around that one except to say it shows how bogus the Glasgow bid really is. Would it take 20 million Us to have Tollcross with all Aquatic events in the same place for Glasgow 2014???? probably . So this well financed machine of Glasgow 2014 what their excuse for that and what would be the excuse for not having equal training grants for every single nation in the commonwealth regardless of need like Abuja 2014 ?

Oh and by the way I just saw a report on the 2007 ALL-African Games funding for Team Nigeria and the total funding for that single event for 700 athletes is 15 million US from their federal government. Considering the cost of Training funding for Abuja 2014 is about half for all 71 commonwealth nations or terrioties I think we can put to rest financial concerns in regards to Abuja. LOL

Abuja has the venues , they have the financing and they are not using any arts centers for their bid for the weightlifting (which is not a bad thing at all because it is a natural venue for weighlifting in many past games hostings). Those are the lenghts the Abuja bid goes to . Meanwhile back in Glasgow they try to think of new ways experiment with things LOL.

Same bollocks that has been answered over and over again. Can't you read posts that don't suit your prejudiced motives?

No I am asking you did the Asians visit Glasgow yet because they visited Abuja between July 3 and July 7 . If they haven't visited Glasgow then they might have A. made up their minds before hand or B. saw that Abuja has a set of World Class venues in place and the Glasgow bid on paper is not going to meet what they are inspecting in Abuja.

If the Asians inspected Glasgow before their statement in Abuja then they didnt seem impressed with this so called superior bid from Glasgow, Scotland. A bid that is dependant on the sentiment that Africa is not ready at this time as along as Glasgow Scotland in applying for the job LOL.

No you're not asking anything. You're doing your usual speculating without backing up a single claim! I'm asking you - did the Asian nations visit Glasgow first? Have they visited Glasgow at all?

I hope that Scotland actually advances in the U 20 . Nigeria supporters could use some more joy by dishing out more punishment to our scottish rivals both in regards to the CWG 2014 biding and the U20s. LOL

jim jones

How lame can you get , what does a football match got to do in relation of these 2 bids bids ? Nothing ! Totally Irelavant

No you're not asking anything. You're doing your usual speculating without backing up a single claim! I'm asking you - did the Asian nations visit Glasgow first? Have they visited Glasgow at all?

I know when the Asians visited Abuja and hence two of the countries have indicated who they are supporting. If they visited Glasgow first then it is based on the fact that Abuja actually has very good facilities including some venues Glasgow Scotland does not have. If the two coutnries in question are to go to Glasgow then it is a decision that is based on support for a fellow muslim country. In that case my theory is totally right.

Jim jones

Archived