What Happened To All The Abuja Nut-heads ?

You know what, I didn't bother reading the rest of your post after that sentence and I doubt anyone else would either! I'm getting very close to using the 'ignore user' feature on this forum for the first time (it's under the options drop down in the user's member profile if anyone else cares to know)!

JJ, you are the only person I've seen on this forum being outwardly racist and xenophobic, which is why I asked the mod to close down the "Foreign Office Advice To Britons In Nigeria" thread, and presumably, why he agreed to. So don't throw stones...

Yes I am so racist that Members of the Abuja committee

call me their Nigerian brother from Nova Scotia.

My problem for you is I know history very well and know who history is against in a bid for the commonwealth games. New Delhi won against Hamilton and India is certainly not as prepared for a commonwealth games as Hamilton was. No one in the developing commonwealth gives a crap about Glasgow trying to redevelop an old industrial waste land with a hosting of the commonwealth games. The majority in the commonwealth have more in common with Nigeria then Scotland and they can see Abuja is way more prepared for this then Glasgow.

jim jones

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My problem for you is I know history very well and know who history is against in a bid for the commonwealth games. New Delhi won against Hamilton and India is certainly not as prepared for a commonwealth games as Hamilton was.

Look whos talking

History has shown us recycling venues for a major sports event has failed

History has shown that overconfidence has failed

History has shown us that Nigeria couldn't host Miss World 2002

You seem to contradic yourself . LMAO !

Look whos talking

History has shown us recycling venues for a major sports event has failed

History has shown that overconfidence has failed

History has shown us that Nigeria couldn't host Miss World 2002

You seem to contradic yourself . LMAO !

Miss World if you have a paper called THIS DAY make a statement about the Prophet Mohammad

inflame the muslims with an offensive statement then you get what happened in 2002. It was good policy to move it to London and organizing wise there was not a problem.

Overconfidence no Abuja is not overconfident I saw that personally with the committee and the work in the office. The are working seven days a week and will continue to do so.

Recycled venues are venues that have been in prior commowealth games that are two decades old in the case of the edinburgh aquatics centre for this bid and Meadowbrook Stadium for the 1986 hosting.

jim jones

So Glasgow who has no experience of a multi-sports festivals is going to get it right because they are white and Abuja with a multi sports festival with larger numbers of athletes is going to screw things up because they are black ? That is basically what you are staying or have been inferring for months on end . That Africans are like little children who cant play properly with their toys or are too poor is your theme LOL.

When I read this comment, my first reaction was one of shock. Shock that someone, even you, could be that offensive, that wrong. And then it turned to anger, fury that, yet again, my character is being questioned in such a foul and despicable way by someone who doesn't even know me, my background or anything else. And all because I hold a different view to him on who should host a sporting event. Just how sad, just how pathetic is that exactly?

I'm not going to waste my time dignifying the rest of that with a response because, quite frankly after that, it does not deserve one and nor does the poster.

When I read this comment, my first reaction was one of shock. Shock that someone, even you, could be that offensive, that wrong. And then it turned to anger, fury that, yet again, my character is being questioned in such a foul and despicable way by someone who doesn't even know me, my background or anything else. And all because I hold a different view to him on who should host a sporting event. Just how sad, just how pathetic is that exactly?

I'm not going to waste my time dignifying the rest of that with a response because, quite frankly after that, it does not deserve one and nor does the poster.

No you can say it Glasgow 2014 would be a smashing box office success if the Africans come to the party for Racial slurs and abuse that main land european soccer teams experience in the so called "old firm" stadiums of Glasgow . We know glasgow's penion for tolerance of others the history is well documented LOL.

Glasgow 2014 hosting the friendly games LOL.

Jim jones

More unacceptable filth. You don't have the first clue.

HA filth is what comes out of the mouths of soccer fans in Glasgow Scotland

and that has been citied by the Glasgow committee.

Then there was the racist comments by the scottish soccer official who was just turfed out of FIFA.

All True and well documented

jim jones

HA filth is what comes out of the mouths of soccer fans in Glasgow Scotland

and that has been citied by the Glasgow committee.

Then there was the racist comments by the scottish soccer official who was just turfed out of FIFA.

All True and well documented

When you come out with the kind of disgusting diatribes that you produce so regularly, you've got no right to jump onto the moral high ground with anyone else. To condemn every single football supporter in Glasgow as being bigoted and prejudiced is the same as condemning every English football supporter as a hooligan. It is totally without base, reason or sense and only goes to show a basic lack of knowledge and understanding from the person who makes the claim.

When you come out with the kind of disgusting diatribes that you produce so regularly, you've got no right to jump onto the moral high ground with anyone else. To condemn every single football supporter in Glasgow as being bigoted and prejudiced is the same as condemning every English football supporter as a hooligan. It is totally without base, reason or sense and only goes to show a basic lack of knowledge and understanding from the person who makes the claim.

Look buddy I have an East Indian friend in Manchester and when she told me about her friend who is in Front office of Manchester United. I asked if she got good tickets in the stands for the games and if her and her girlfriend went . Her reaction was are you nuts . Easy way to get groped by drunks in the stands or Neanderthals. She told me her white friend would get groped in the stands and for my friend it would be twice as bad being a third generation east indian born in the UK. In North America you would not have that happen as families and couple go to major sporting events including the most rowdy and redneck of places NFL football and NASCAR stock car racing. You try to pull the kind of crap ,that goes on that keeps many women out of the stands in the UK, in north america you have a major problem with the husband, boyfriend the ownership, the stadium authority and the police.

The thing I see all the time here from Glasgow 2014 supporters is how dangerous Abuja, Nigeria. Turn the spotlight on Glasgow problem and you start your racist crap.

Sad as the events of yesterday are at Glasgow it is only a symtom of something that people from the British Isles dont seem to acknowledge or dont have the mental capacity to understand . People from the muslim Parts of the world generally dont look favorably on your foreign occuption adventures that are lock step with George W. Bush. LOL

Yes i can hear the cries of oh you are such a racist . No I am totally right and you people in great britian are in a politically correct mode inwhich you never see the forest for the tree because of this sense that you are superior beings . sorry to say but your EGo is being sold off to germans,russians americans and others with more on the ball for global business then you .

what impact has come from great britian from the business community in the last 30 years ? Richard Branson became a global Brand and James DYSON proved that Great Britian can make a product that really sucks

jim jones

Look buddy I have an East Indian friend in Manchester and when she told me about her friend who is in Front office of Manchester United. I asked if she got good tickets in the stands for the games and if her and her girlfriend went . Her reaction was are you nuts . Easy way to get groped by drunks in the stands or Neanderthals. She told me her white friend would get groped in the stands and for my friend it would be twice as bad being a third generation east indian born in the UK. In North America you would not have that happen as families and couple go to major sporting events including the most rowdy and redneck of places NFL football and NASCAR stock car racing. You try to pull the kind of crap ,that goes on that keeps many women out of the stands in the UK, in north america you have a major problem with the husband, boyfriend the ownership, the stadium authority and the police.

The thing I see all the time here from Glasgow 2014 supporters is how dangerous Abuja, Nigeria. Turn the spotlight on Glasgow problem and you start your racist crap.

Sad as the events of yesterday are at Glasgow it is only a symtom of something that people from the British Isles dont seem to acknowledge or dont have the mental capacity to understand . People from the muslim Parts of the world generally dont look favorably on your foreign occuption adventures that are lock step with George W. Bush. LOL

Yes i can hear the cries of oh you are such a racist . No I am totally right and you people in great britian are in a politically correct mode inwhich you never see the forest for the tree because of this sense that you are superior beings . sorry to say but your EGo is being sold off to germans,russians americans and others with more on the ball for global business then you .

what impact has come from great britian from the business community in the last 30 years ? Richard Branson became a global Brand and James DYSON proved that Great Britian can make a product that really sucks

jim jones

At what point have the Glasgow 2014 team or supporters been saying that Abuja is really dangerous? Evidence please.

No I am totally right and you people in great britian are in a politically correct mode inwhich you never see the forest for the tree because of this sense that you are superior beings . sorry to say but your EGo is being sold off to germans,russians americans and others with more on the ball for global business then you .

I'm sure if you looked into it you'd find more. But you're not going to are you? The British bussinness community has given a hell of a lot to the world over the last 30 years, as has the British cultural community. I don't doubt Nigeria has as well. But if you're going to say stupid things like that you are not going to be taken seriously, which I'm sure is what you really want. Your stock is low on here JJ; come out with some serious statements backed up by evidence and you may start to get some of it back.

The Iraq invasion is no excuse for terrorism and actually, as I've tried to argue in the Gordon Brown thread in General Off Topic Disussion, I'm not convinced it's the reason either, especially for the homegrown terrorists (i.e. those born in the UK.) Perhaps people from Nova Scotia don't want to acknowldge or maybe don't have the mental capacity to understand that things aren't always as black and white as they seem (see, saying things like this doesn't add anything to the discussion does it, so why do you bother?).

The UK is still incredibly safe despite the amateur terrorist attacks of the last week; you're still much more likely to be killed in a road accident or struck by lightning than be killed or injured in a terrorist attack so let's not get these things out of proportion. As a Londoner, I certinaly don't (and wouldn't) carry a gun for protection as the young Abujan in the article Arwebb posted said he did; an article which, btw, I have no reason to doubt. Maybe gun carrying isn't common and perhaps I shouldn't extrapolate from that one quote but I still think the majority of foreigners would feel much more comfortable travelling to the UK than to Nigeria.

I know plenty of women who go to games in the UK and at all levels. It's not as good as it should be for them (facilities-wise especially, though I'd imagine Hampden Park has no problems in this respect as it's quite new) and you still see morons in the stands at any ground you go to, but it's much, much better than it was. Also, racism has all but dissapeared in stadiums in the UK in my experience. Not only would stadium security not allow it, but other fans wouldn't either! It is very rare for racism to go on in the UK in football stadiums now. Our stadium stewarding is also the best in Europe; you wouldn't see the incidents that have happened on the continent recently happening in the UK these days. I'm sorry that your friend's friend had a bad experience at Old Trafford, but don't let that colour your view of our stadiums and our fans, which are amongst the best in the world.

Even if these things are as common as you claim, Manchester held a great Commonwealth Games despite their football fans being "neanderthals" as you put it. Maybe the drunk fans had a week or two off. Or maybe the morons aren't interested in athletics etc. Or maybe, as is much more likely, the situation is nowhere near as bad as you like to make out. Extrapolating the behaivour of some moronic football fans onto the nature of an athletics event held in the city where these fans happen to live doesn't work. I don't see why Glasgow's bid should suffer because of it's city's resident prats.

I'm a little confused about your friend. Has she actually visited Old Trafford, or any other football stadium for that matter recently? The reason I ask is because that reads suspiciously like your usual brand of stereotyped nonsense.

Rob has already stated the realities of going to football in this country today and I do not intend to go over the same ground except to say this. I have attended 30+ professional League matches across England every season for the past six or seven years and in all those matches I have only seen one incident of racist behaviour. The kind of scenes that we see so often on the continent where black players are routinely abused by the people on the terraces are, in this country, long gone. Football in this country today is far more a family game than it ever has been before. You're a good 20 years behind.

As for your other comments, nobody here has claimed that Abuja is a dangerous city. Not one member of this forum has made such a claim. What we have done is try to discuss a media report which raises issues over how secure the city actually is. That is a totally different scenario and you would do well to recognise the difference.

As regards the events in Glasgow over the weekend, I think I have already stated my views perfectly clearly. In case you missed them, though, let me restate - whatever people think about our foreign policy is no justification whatsoever for committing acts of terrorism and what you have just posted sounds awfully like you are justifying it. If you are, you're out of order.

That's not being politically correct at all. Lord knows if you think I'm politically correct then you really do have problems. What it is is stating what should be blindingly obvious, even to you.

And as for your last comment, perhaps you should back it up before I even bother responding to it.

I'm a little confused about your friend. Has she actually visited Old Trafford, or any other football stadium for that matter recently? The reason I ask is because that reads suspiciously like your usual brand of stereotyped nonsense.

Rob has already stated the realities of going to football in this country today and I do not intend to go over the same ground except to say this. I have attended 30+ professional League matches across England every season for the past six or seven years and in all those matches I have only seen one incident of racist behaviour. The kind of scenes that we see so often on the continent where black players are routinely abused by the people on the terraces are, in this country, long gone. Football in this country today is far more a family game than it ever has been before. You're a good 20 years behind.

As for your other comments, nobody here has claimed that Abuja is a dangerous city. Not one member of this forum has made such a claim. What we have done is try to discuss a media report which raises issues over how secure the city actually is. That is a totally different scenario and you would do well to recognise the difference.

As regards the events in Glasgow over the weekend, I think I have already stated my views perfectly clearly. In case you missed them, though, let me restate - whatever people think about our foreign policy is no justification whatsoever for committing acts of terrorism and what you have just posted sounds awfully like you are justifying it. If you are, you're out of order.

That's not being politically correct at all. Lord knows if you think I'm politically correct then you really do have problems. What it is is stating what should be blindingly obvious, even to you.

And as for your last comment, perhaps you should back it up before I even bother responding to it.

The women go to the games and stay in a corporate hospitality area . not because it is a great place to watch the game but because it is safe.

Gosh Victoria Beckham had the chants at Man U of Posh takes it up the @#$@. To me you can hate a celeb but when things are that bad that you demean women in the stands ? An athletics competition and a soccer game in the UK are totally different of course but lets put it this way . Nigerians certainly dont behave like that at soccer matches and I saw that personally . Thing is even the committee for Glasgow 2014 made reference to the bad behavoir in their city soccer stadiums as something that can do harm to their cause. Personally They have more ensign and more reason to be concerned then I.

jim jones

LOL, I'd imagine the chants to Mrs Beckham were probably from the away fans tbh!! :P Come on, that was quite obviously a bit of jokey banter and I've not heard Victoria Beckham complaining. The players get much worse at times, it's just part of the game. As long as it doesn't turn nasty and is always tongue in cheek, these kind of chants don't really matter to anyone. It's water off a duck's back.

As I've said, the really nasty stuff doesn't go on in our stadiums any more. I don't quite know why the committee are worried; a link would be nice to back that claim up though.

The women go to the games and stay in a corporate hospitality area . not because it is a great place to watch the game but because it is safe.

Gosh Victoria Beckham had the chants at Man U of Posh takes it up the @#$@. To me you can hate a celeb but when things are that bad that you demean women in the stands ? An athletics competition and a soccer game in the UK are totally different of course but lets put it this way . Nigerians certainly dont behave like that at soccer matches and I saw that personally . Thing is even the committee for Glasgow 2014 made reference to the bad behavoir in their city soccer stadiums as something that can do harm to their cause. Personally They have more ensign and more reason to be concerned then I.

Where did they make such a statement? I haven't seen one and you know as well as I do that if one had been made, it would be discussed here. If you've got a statement, show it.

As for the rest of your comments, if your friend has real issues at Old Trafford, then she ought to voice them. I've been to Old Trafford myself and I never encountered anything like that.

As far as Victoria Beckham is concerned, Rob has already answered that point. I'll only add that it appears to me that you've misunderstood the nature of football in this country completely. Are you telling me that people don't make a few choice comments at sports matches in Canada? Or Nigeria? I don't believe for a second that we're the only nation that does. That's the nature of being supporters - you vent your frustrations at the opposition, the officials, even your own side if they're playing rubbish. That's part of the game, and players (and their wives) accept that. It's if it ever goes further than that, which it hardly ever does, that you might have room to criticise.

Where did they make such a statement? I haven't seen one and you know as well as I do that if one had been made, it would be discussed here. If you've got a statement, show it.

As for the rest of your comments, if your friend has real issues at Old Trafford, then she ought to voice them. I've been to Old Trafford myself and I never encountered anything like that.

As far as Victoria Beckham is concerned, Rob has already answered that point. I'll only add that it appears to me that you've misunderstood the nature of football in this country completely. Are you telling me that people don't make a few choice comments at sports matches in Canada? Or Nigeria? I don't believe for a second that we're the only nation that does. That's the nature of being supporters - you vent your frustrations at the opposition, the officials, even your own side if they're playing rubbish. That's part of the game, and players (and their wives) accept that. It's if it ever goes further than that, which it hardly ever does, that you might have room to criticise.

People dont chant in unison when a celeb comes into a stadium that she takes it up the A@#$ ever in north america that I have ever hear of and that includes LA and NYC which has its share of Celebs. You have your red necks but not to the extent of an english football game LOL.

I Think that would make a Nascar crowd embarassed LOL.

Jim jones

People dont chant in unison when a celeb comes into a stadium that she takes it up the A@#$ ever in north america that I have ever hear of and that includes LA and NYC which has its share of Celebs. You have your red necks but not to the extent of an english football game LOL.

Jim jones

Whoa ... since when USA was part of the the British commonwealth ? Does this even got to do with any bids ? Totally out of topic .

You are making it sound like it is far bigger than it actually is, and as someone who attends football matches regularly all over this country then I would respectfully suggest that I would tend to know more than you on this subject.

The ex police liaison officer for my own club used to get that sung to him and he loved it. The reason he had it was because, in his role, we as supporters got to know him. We'd see him at away games and he became one of us if you like. Shame he's a Leeds fan, but the point still stands. You are making this sound like it is meant to be hurtful, vengeful, spiteful. I know that the vast majority of the time it is not.

And if you want to keep insulting English football fans, I'll keep showing up your ignorance. OK?

I've been to major league baseball and gridiron games in the States and I've gotta say the atmosphere, or lack of, is something that I do find quite different from Oz and the UK. The crowds don't seem to get as involved _ it's lots of that silly organ music gee-ups and entertainment on the jumbotrons. I didn't notice any of the good natured barracking, chanting and singing (well, singing is more of a Pom thing, though it's sometimes done here as well) I'm more used to. That's part of the fun of attending the footy _ getting into the spirit of barracking. I've never seen it get ugly personally, and on those occassions down here where it might, the clubs and police are usually well prepared to weed out and segregate the potential trouble makers.

and the number to win for Abuja now stands at two http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=82858

with Brunei and Maldives now making their intensions very clear it is not hard to see who is going to win the bid .

Gee why are these Muslim nations with people of color voting against Scotland???? or rather with people they have many things in common with in Nigeria.

Yes 14 Caribbean nations , 18 African nations makes 32 plus two committed from Asia make two short of a victory for Nigeria. Considering Glasgow 2014 is offering absolutely nothing but a means test that will divide commonwealth nations to beggar status or too rich for any training money the victory is very much at hand for Abuja 2014 and it is Glasgow's cheapness and self promotion of their house of cards that Abuja 2014 has exploited ROTFLMAO.

with Singapore, New Zealand, Malta , Cyprus , Australia , Bermuda, Canada , the Falkland Islands and other so called rich nations getting nothing for training grants from Scotland the numbers are going to be in the range of a 50 to 21 win for Abuja.

Jim jones

So who are these nations supporting Abuja? Which nations have openly declared their allegiances like the Maldives and Brunei? Come on then, if you're so confident. I challenge you, here and now, to produce a list of all the national Commonwealth Games Federations which have publicly declared their intention to support Abuja in November, complete with evidence of where and when such a statement was made. Because, without that, your claim of "two more to win" is no more than idle speculation.

Not only that, but still you make the same claims, which have been repeatedly discredited by your failure to answer the specific questions that have been put to you on them. When are you actually going to get into the real world?

Archived