What Happened To All The Abuja Nut-heads ?

1. The IAAF has already APPROVED the plan for Hampden Park to stage the track and field athletics events. It's all very well having the stadium there, but what exactly is the point of Glasgow using some other stadium, or indeed building another stadium, when this plan has already been given the green light? The IAAF are far more important than you.

2. The bid file makes perfectly clear that appropriate warm-up facilities will be provided for the track and field athletes at Lesser Hampden, the Scoustoun Stadium and Nethercraigs Playing Fields. Seems they have that pretty well covered to me. Is that not good enough for you?

3. Do you honestly expect Glasgow to build white elephants that it cannot sustain in the future? If that's what you want Abuja to do then be my guest, but it's clear that the Glasgow bid team understand the importance of spending money wisely. It's a shame you only appear to selectively.

4. FINA has already APPROVED the plan for the Edinburgh facility to stage the diving events, which only involve a handful of nations anyway. I ask you again, what is the point of spending money on new facilities when they are not needed?

5. The people who built Abuja's velodrome can't be that good if the roof blew off. And why did it take a year for it to be fixed?

6. Time after time you have been asked about the questions raised over the financial pledges made by Abuja and you have never answered. Why is this? Is it because what has been said about them is true and you're too damn scared to admit it? ANSWER THE QUESTION FOR ONCE. It is not difficult!

7. You seriously want to talk about gay rights and discrimination? You haven't got a leg to stand on after that attack. It may not be technically connected to the bid, but you started this. Which is the bidding nation where a bill has been proposed advocating extremely draconian and backward measures, including up to 14 years imprisonment, against homosexuals? Answer - NIGERIA! Not Scotland, you will note. You say athletes will be more comfortable in Abuja. Really? They'll be more comfortable in a city where citizens carry AK47 assault rifles for their own personal protection? I don't know what narcotics you're taking, but I certainly don't want any if that's what they do to your brain.

Face the fact that Abuja is facing a very strong rival in Glasgow and a rival that deserves a hell of a lot more respect than you, or the Abuja bid committee, seem to want to give it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. The IAAF has already APPROVED the plan for Hampden Park to stage the track and field athletics events. It's all very well having the stadium there, but what exactly is the point of Glasgow using some other stadium, or indeed building another stadium, when this plan has already been given the green light? The IAAF are far more important than you.

2. The bid file makes perfectly clear that appropriate warm-up facilities will be provided for the track and field athletes at Lesser Hampden, the Scoustoun Stadium and Nethercraigs Playing Fields. Seems they have that pretty well covered to me. Is that not good enough for you?

3. Do you honestly expect Glasgow to build white elephants that it cannot sustain in the future? If that's what you want Abuja to do then be my guest, but it's clear that the Glasgow bid team understand the importance of spending money wisely. It's a shame you only appear to selectively.

4. FINA has already APPROVED the plan for the Edinburgh facility to stage the diving events, which only involve a handful of nations anyway. I ask you again, what is the point of spending money on new facilities when they are not needed?

5. The people who built Abuja's velodrome can't be that good if the roof blew off. And why did it take a year for it to be fixed?

6. Time after time you have been asked about the questions raised over the financial pledges made by Abuja and you have never answered. Why is this? Is it because what has been said about them is true and you're too damn scared to admit it? ANSWER THE QUESTION FOR ONCE. It is not difficult!

7. You seriously want to talk about gay rights and discrimination? You haven't got a leg to stand on after that attack. It may not be technically connected to the bid, but you started this. Which is the bidding nation where a bill has been proposed advocating extremely draconian and backward measures, including up to 14 years imprisonment, against homosexuals? Answer - NIGERIA! Not Scotland, you will note. You say athletes will be more comfortable in Abuja. Really? They'll be more comfortable in a city where citizens carry AK47 assault rifles for their own personal protection? I don't know what narcotics you're taking, but I certainly don't want any if that's what they do to your brain.

Face the fact that Abuja is facing a very strong rival in Glasgow and a rival that deserves a hell of a lot more respect than you, or the Abuja bid committee, seem to want to give it.

First have you actually been to Abuja because I have and in the four days I was there I did not witness one citizen with an AK 47 , side arm or even a knife .

the way you talk of Abuja you would think it was the intergalactic bar in Star Wars LOL.

In four days in a city of 2 million I heard one siren, witnessed one argument and never heard a gun shot. Cities in North America you can heard those three things constantly. The only automatic weapons I saw were three times with a truck full of soldiers at the on my last night whom I gave bid pins to. Protection for the hotel that had half the senate members staying in did not seem overboard or anything you would not see in the same type situation in western society. The others AK 47s (they dont have ak 47s but something similar)that I saw One lone soldier on patrol near the African Independant Television station which I did my Friday morning show interview at. And the final "ak 47" was at the airport where I met two soldiers and gave bid pins to.

The way that traffic is in Abuja and how these people have an order and patience would not be seen in north america with the amount of hot tempers and road rage. People in abuja are very clam in what would have me going out of my tree even in new glasgow, nova scotia. A car horn is used as a warning when you pass another car not as an instrument of your anger.

The problem with the British Isles an guns is you feel that guns are something that Authrories should have in very limited quantities . that is fine in a perfect world with terrorism but you have to ask when the last time you had a London subway and bus bombing incident in Abuja Nigeria. Abuja Nigeria is not without violence or problems but no city on earth is.

Athletes not matter where you are for a psorts festival will see plenty of automatic weapons and security after Munich 1972 because they are a terrorism target. It is better to have manpower that knows how to use automatic weapons during a commonwealth games then a force of british bobbies that don t normally carry side arms.

By the way have you ever been in a hotel that had a metal detector entrance and a airport x ray scanning machine for all guests to pass their items thru . Transcorp Abuja Hilton it is the case . Preventive heads up security is a very good thing.

ironically at the federal capital building the check point guards did not have automatic rifles. I am sure the local president guard could be summoned quickly if they had a problem at the gates.

Until you actually see it for yourself you should really refrain from comment of what you have not experienced. By the way there is respect with the Glasgow committee and their bid it is too bad some in this world would not afford Abuja the same luxury.

Glasgow may have fina and Iaaf permission but that fact remains they have to do the improvements and ungraded to have final approval. Abuja if called apon today could probably be an emergency sub for the commonwealth games in 2010 with not much problem. General Gowan expressed in the last question at the press conference that they would not want to do that because even with their good state of readiness they want the 7 years to do it completely world class.

I do paraphrase him of course. the last question was from a female journalist which probably in your vision of nigeria would not exist LOL. believe me women in Nigeria have professional roles in society there as well.

Tell you what you provide me with an address and i will send you pictures of me and my guide Baku in millenimum park in downtown Abuja . a wedding was going on and no guests had AK 47 s for protection or hired security guards. My guide did not have an AK 47. a shopping centre I was at in abuja had unarmed security personal unlike places I have been to in south america and mexico. St thomas in the US Virgin Islands i worked in a bar with the doormen packing sidearms.

I cant believe the incredible urban myths that come out of your head to be honest LOL.

jim jones

So a stadium designed for 60,000 spectators to see all athletics head to toe with great site lines and built in the 2000's is a substandard facility compared to a stadium that is for soccer and rugby as the prime use with 42,000 capacity for the commonwealth games and a plan that has never been used for any major athletics competition period. So if Glasgow was to get the commonwealth games what would be the risk that there would not be huge cost overruns with the redevelopment of a Brownfield Industrial site and that glasgow would be in the same position of having to go hat in hand to the national lottery like Manchester 2002 had to? The chances and history in GB have shown that to be a great possibility. Everytime that happens it lessens the franchises value

and the CWG's are not something that has very much room for devaluing.

The difference with Glasgow 2014 is that the National Lottery may be bare of funds after London 2012 gets thru with it.

Diaspora Nigerians and Private developers make up much of the capital expense in Abuja and that is similar to Los Angeles 1984 which was the most financially successful sports festival in the history of mankind.

jim jones

The problem with the British Isles an guns is you feel that guns are something that Authrories should have in very limited quantities . that is fine in a perfect world with terrorism but you have to ask when the last time you had a London subway and bus bombing incident in Abuja Nigeria. Abuja Nigeria is not without violence or problems but no city on earth is.

Athletes not matter where you are for a psorts festival will see plenty of automatic weapons and security after Munich 1972 because they are a terrorism target. It is better to have manpower that knows how to use automatic weapons during a commonwealth games then a force of british bobbies that don t normally carry side arms.

I doubt an armed police force would have been able to prevent 7/7; and I think you know that to be the truth as well. I'm proud of the fact that our police are mostly unarmed and those that are are very highly trained; I wouldn't want it any other way.

Oh by the way on the Velodrome in Abuja . Any failure of a engineered system is going to take a year to examine and come up for a solution for. The german roof maker wanted to put a replace roof on right away . The nigerians I would think would ask for proof that the same thing would not happen again .

Montreal's olympic stadium had plenty of Fabric roof problems and a couple of solutions that were to be the ultimate thing that would not fail. BC Place in Vancouver has a roof failure recently , Pontiac silverdome, The carrier dome in upstate New York . These type of problems are not restricted to the Abuja Velodrome and now with 3 years of the new roof having being submitted to the elements in Abuja it is very safe to say that taking a year to provide the right solution was the right decision. The Nigerians could have had a replacement roof up for free in days but why waste the GERMAN Roofing companys money on a material or design that was not meant for the local environment.

The exact same velodrome for design of roof exist in germany.

jim jones

I'm sorry Jones, but if you seriously believe all of what you have just spouted to be true, then you must be on some sort of mind-altering narcotics, because nobody with an ounce of sense, and who has actually looked at Glasgow's candidate file, can possibly believe any of that pap.

There are so many points where you're talking rubbish it's difficult to know where to begin, so here goes:

1. Talking about people carrying guns on the streets in Abuja is not an "urban myth", least of all mine. It's typical of you that you would seek to dismiss a report of that nature in such stupid tones. Did you really expect to see anything like that? Of course not. Your so-called friends on the bid committee would keep you well away from that. It's the job of us journalists to expose the rubbish behind the shiny exterior, and that I am sure will continue to happen. If you think this is bad now, then my guess is that you ain't seen nothing yet. Especially if Abuja does win, because the focus will be right on them in a way it has not been before.

2. Exactly how would a totally armed police force have stopped 7/7? Answer - it wouldn't have. We have far less gun crime in this country than, say, the United States where the police are routinely armed. To go down the road of routinely arming our police would, in my view, be a retrograde step. And I know that I would far more readily trust the British authorities to secure an event like the Commonwealth Games, thank you very much, than the authorities of a country which the British Foreign Office currently has advice for its nationals to leave. And the fact that an Abuja hotel feels the need to resort to the kind of security measures you describe shows there clearly must be a need for them, a need I've never seen in any other hotel I've ever stayed in. What does that tell you?

3. So now the views of the IAAF and FINA don't matter when compared with yours? I'd hate to see what you were like when you were being modest. The fact that they have approved them is what matters. Nobody has said the the Abuja stadium is, to quote you, "substandard". But what I will continue to argue is that Hampden Park (which will have a 46,000 capacity, not the inaccurate figure you claim) is a perfectly suitable, and economically viable, venue within the context of a superior overall bid package. Whether you agree with that view is your problem, not mine. And are you suggesting that Delhi won't be ready for 2010? I suspect Glasgow could host 2010 if needed, as well as a lo of other cities. What's the point of making that comment exactly?

4. So when the Nigerian minister for sport said Abuja had the Games "in the bag", and it's on public record, how was that showing due respect to Glasgow? Don't preach at me, because you haven't got the back-up to. The public comments of Abuja officials, where there have been none from their Glasgow counterparts, proves my point absolutely.

5. What is this obsession of yours with apparent financial problems, especially when you won't answer the questions you have been repeatedly asked about Abuja's financial claims? To say Scotland/Britain can't afford to stage the Commonwealths is absolutely crackpot.

6. Sorry, but I'm not going to "refrain from commenting" at all. When there are fundamental questions being asked about bids, and not being answered by those who claim to support the bids in focus and those who apparently have some sort of contact with officials, then I will not stop commenting. I will not stop questioning and I certainly will not stop exposing your failings. Have you been to Glasgow? Have you studied the Glasgow bid? If not, then why don't you stop talking rubbish about them? Try practising what you preach before you tell me what to do.

Wow, so I really was right when I called certain people Racist.

People called me immature, but the truth is if I am Immature then you guys must be Embryos.

Nobody has gone anywhere. We are all back. We spend most of our time perusing developments that Western Media fail to Recognize at Skyscrapercity. You cannot turn a Bad situation into a goof one true negativity, but through Optimism and Continued Alterations.

We anticipate Great Developments, like Indonesians do in their Forum and Filipinos in theirs. None of our countries are free of problems, and we are aware of that, that is exactly why Abuja stands a chance in November, because Glasgow is also not free of problems.

If people Sobered and wailed endlessly because of certain bad situations, then I don't think there is any country in the world where people shouldn't be wailing.

To all of you Nigeria Haters, Save your Voices for November.

Elvis puts it best when he says "A little less conversation a little more action"

I'm off to Skyscrapercity to Marvel at my country "The Garden of Eden".

Won't you come and join me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Instead of engaging in slander, why don't you answer some of the questions that have been raised. It's clear that, even with his apparent contacts, Jim Jones can't, or more than likely won't.

You might want to live in your own world, but if you can't answer the difficult questions now, then you'll only be whining more as time progresses.

For what exactly? To see if the CGF favours the best bid or sentiment over technical strength? If Abuja does win, the scrutiny will only grow. You don't like it now. Well I'll tell you the same as I told Jones - you ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh by the way on the Velodrome in Abuja . Any failure of a engineered system is going to take a year to examine and come up for a solution for. The german roof maker wanted to put a replace roof on right away . The nigerians I would think would ask for proof that the same thing would not happen again .

Presumably the velodrome was built to designs and specifications that were approved by the Nigerian authorities, was it not?

Talk sense. Why would Britain want to impose sanctions? That is totally and utterly ridiculous.

It was a hint of Sarcasm. Your Post made it seem as if it were a crime for Abuja to host the Games, and Glasgow would be victimized, because Scotland hasn't hosted the Games as many time s as they should.

You make it sound as if Abuja is not prepared and are only bidding based on "It's Africa's Turn". When in reality CGF were happy with Abuja's Bid, apart from the location of the Wrestling or something, if Memory serves me right.

My view is very simple, as it has been throughout. It is perfectly reasonable and understandable for Abuja to play the "It's Africa's Turn" card. It's probably their strongest. However, the CGF should not be making its choice on the basis of whose turn some people may believe it to be. They should decide purely on the basis of the overall merits of the two bids placed before them. It is my belief that Glasgow offers the best package.

Well based on what I have read. The Common Wealth Games Federation think that Abuja is more than capable of hosting the event and Abuja has more flare.

I've seen the Abuja and Glasgow Bid Books, and I have to say that Abuja's bid would transform The commonwealth Games into another level, and I say this without any difficulty whatsoever. I've watched Manchester and Melbourne and I have to say that Abuja has more to offer.

That's your view and you are entitled to it. However, and I realise I am beginning to sound like a broken record, but there are many questions that have been raised about the Abuja bid which its supporters in this forum have either been unable or plain unwilling to answer. Are we likely to get any?

I'm surprised you've missed them. They've been asked often enough.

Anyway, finances first. Some time ago, we had brought to our attention a newspaper article in which a senior official from the All-African Games in 2003, somebody who had worked in Nigeria for many years, questioned the worth of the pledges made by Abuja on grants to competing nations. He said that, because of the convoluted system that things go through in order for monies to be paid out, any monies that were paid out may well not be received by the nations until after the Games had taken place. In short, they are, to quote the official directly, "not worth the paper they're written on". So, if Abuja gets the Games, will the competing nations, particularly those who would have greatest need of such monies, get them in good time? Will they get them at all?

Second, infrastructure. We have also seen reports of works being carried out in the athletes village a week into the All African Games. Hot meals one day, none the next. No hot water for days on end. Can Abuja really guarantee that the same sort of thing won't greet the Commonwealth in seven years time?

Third, venues. Jim Jones has claimed that Abuja is building a 15,000 seat arena for the rugby sevens competition. If this is the case, is it not a complete and utter waste of resources which could be better spent elsewhere, especially when Manchester showed you could stage the rugby in the main stadium which already exists?

Fourth, security. When we see reports of Abuja residents carrying AK47 assault rifles for, in their own words, "protection" - their own - why should anyone believe an Abuja Games would be a safe and secure Games?

I think that's it for now. There may well be more to come.

I reply based on my energy level, so I'll only answer one question this time around.

Second, infrastructure. We have also seen reports of works being carried out in the athletes village a week into the All African Games. Hot meals one day, none the next. No hot water for days on end. Can Abuja really guarantee that the same sort of thing won't greet the Commonwealth in seven years time?

I don't know if what you say is true, but Nigeria's reputation at stake I'm sure there'll be no such downfalls in Abuja come 2014.

All The Venues necessary for the hosting of the Games, have being Drawn up, and Construction has already Started on Venues like the Maitama Sports Complex

MaitamaCluster.jpg

Maitamasports.jpg

The Complex is Being Constructed by Magpie Ltd and it is Valued at N20.3b. It will be completed in 2010.

Of course there's The Rugby Stadium, Games Village etc to be completed, but when completed it will be Great because all Venues will be within 10Km of Major Hotels in Abuja. Nigeria of course boasts of many of Africa's Largest Hotels.

Put it this way, the claims have been made, and we would not be scrutinising the bid properly if we did not explore them fully. I hope your confidence is well placed.

But I still do not understand why Abuja needs to waste money building a stadium specifically for the rugby sevens tournament, when it can be played in the main stadium and that money could then be used in other areas, where it might be needed more urgently. Perhaps you can shed your light on that.

Put it this way, the claims have been made, and we would not be scrutinising the bid properly if we did not explore them fully. I hope your confidence is well placed.

But I still do not understand why Abuja needs to waste money building a stadium specifically for the rugby sevens tournament, when it can be played in the main stadium and that money could then be used in other areas, where it might be needed more urgently. Perhaps you can shed your light on that.

and what about Meadowbrook Stadium which has to be torn down to have Edinburgh with the money to renovate the diving facility ? Manchester 2002 was hours away from their stadium having to cease construction in the run up to the games in 2002. The national lottery had to bail them out. so if that tearing down of a commonwealth games legacy does not succeed what then for Glasgow 2014 and the plans for a aquatic centre for the 1986 games ?

Abuja is not wasting money on a stadium for rugby sevens. The stadium is going to be a dedicated rectangle stadium for the nation soccer team for practice and play. If a match has more interest then 15000 then Abuja National stadium is used . You are also probably looking at a Nigerian premiership team in Abuja and thus a Tennant and the financing from the Nigerian banks which are funding 20 Fifa specied stadiums in Nigeria. Seperating Rugby Sevens from the athletes stadium makes for a better bid really and hey Glasgow is doing it ? Why give the Scots an advantage with two stadiums that are old as the hills.

Abuja 2014 is about new facilities or newer facilities compared to Glasgow 2014 with one exception the velodrome. Abuja is also about responsible hosting with all facilites built on greenfield sites and thus the largest factor of cost overruns and bad press for sports festivals is take out of the mix with Abuja 2014.

The money is there privately for everything but the Weighlifting Centre at Abuja National Stadium. Weighlifting is something that is a good legacy project for Nigeria. If that facility was 20 million us I would be totally shocked.

Abuja 2014 basically has to lay down a new track surface come 2014 freshen up the venues , add 2500 seats on a temporary basis to the aquatics centre and construct the very same athletes village they had for the All-African Games which will be on a greenfield site.

The city is putting in the latest LRT for a 30 year old city and the highway from the airport is going to 6 lanes per direction . the provisions are there and the work has begun on transportation.

Abuja and Nigeria has the money , a great number of facilities in place and a great plan to host the first African hosted commonwealth games .

Oh and by the way in regards to hot and cold food at the all african games in 2003. Maybe you should make a call to your fellow country men in great britian who were the chartering company.

http://www.pkl.co.uk/foodservices/african.asp

Contact Us

Phone +44 (0) 845 8404242 - hire hotline

+44 (0) 1242 663056 - technical support

+44 (0) 1242 663000 - switchboard

+44 (0) 7778 677677 - 24/7 emergency contact

PKL Group (UK) Ltd,

Stella Way,

Bishops Cleeve,

Cheltenham,

Gloucestershire,

GL52 7DQ,

UK

Yes I think when the commonwealth games is awarded to Abuja they will use good local companies and not run into the problems the are supposed to have with the all-african games thanks to the jolly old british LOL.

Jim jones

Why build a stadium solely for football and the rugby sevens when you have a 60,000 seat multi-purpose venue whose virtues you trumpet over and over again, which can do the job perfectly effectively? No matter how much you try to justify it, it is precisely the waste of money that you hammered Halifax over but that you are prepared to let go when it suits you.

In case you hadn't noticed, Glasgow is ALSO building new venues, which will complement the top class venues which already exist. Three 50,000+ capacity stadia, all of which will be used. An expanded aquatics centre, two indoor arenas, etc, etc, etc.

As for your allegations about Edinburgh, where's your proof? All I've seen is a media claim, but nothing official. So show us your evidence.

As regards the problems in 2003, maybe you should stop trying to pass the buck and actually answer the points I am raising. It's not just that, as well you know. Presumably the food problems had more to do with facilities in the village than anything else, wouldn't you say?

Why build a stadium solely for football and the rugby sevens when you have a 60,000 seat multi-purpose venue whose virtues you trumpet over and over again, which can do the job perfectly effectively? No matter how much you try to justify it, it is precisely the waste of money that you hammered Halifax over but that you are prepared to let go when it suits you.

In case you hadn't noticed, Glasgow is ALSO building new venues, which will complement the top class venues which already exist. Three 50,000+ capacity stadia, all of which will be used. An expanded aquatics centre, two indoor arenas, etc, etc, etc.

As for your allegations about Edinburgh, where's your proof? All I've seen is a media claim, but nothing official. So show us your evidence.

As regards the problems in 2003, maybe you should stop trying to pass the buck and actually answer the points I am raising. It's not just that, as well you know. Presumably the food problems had more to do with facilities in the village than anything else, wouldn't you say?

So Glasgow who has no experience of a multi-sports festivals is going to get it right because they are white and Abuja with a multi sports festival with larger numbers of athletes is going to screw things up because they are black ? That is basically what you are staying or have been inferring for months on end . That Africans are like little children who cant play properly with their toys or are too poor is your theme LOL. The last commonwealth games experience for Scotland was with a balance book in the red by five million pounds and that was with recycled venues from the 1970 hosting and the caribbean and african nations boycotting over apartheid. You would think that white people would like to see other white people win the track and field events . An eastern block boycott for the LA 1984 olympics didn't prevent that committee from making a clear profit of 220 million US. The evidnece on meadowbrook stadium has been in the Scotsman. The boycotts just make for lower operating expenses as you are not flying the masses of athletes, housing them, Feeding them or paying a subsidy for training .

I don't know was the attendance down in 1986 because the racists in Scotland Didn't have Blacks to yell at Racial slurs at ? gosh it would be no fun to not display your hatred for people different from you even if they happen to live in Scotland and are white IE catholic vs protestant and at an "old firm game".

So in other words when the scottish and british media suits your needs that Nigeria and Abuja dont have their act together you love to promote that idea but when the very same media states that Meadowbrook is to be torn down to be sold to developers to have the funds then put into the Edinburgh Aquatics Centre to support the commonwealth games bid then it is a lie in your minds eye . Again Abuja is building legacies with little drain on national resources, have all their venues less then 5 years old as of the bid awarding in november 2007 and Glasgow has plans for 2 new venues Abuja plan will have 6 new venues that are not huge capital expense venues and many of those pay for by private money . Scotland is hoppling a bid together with two venues atleast 41 miles away and one of those venues being a past games venue . Glasgow also has a means test for training funding .

So what is it your media is wrong all the time or your media is right all the time? I think on local issues they have to be right after all they are actually there in the neighboorhood. On Abuja they are wrong because the tale I saw from a BBC reporter on Abuja recently had very little in common with what I saw on the ground two weeks ago and I do have the ability to also have a non-partisan opinion as Scotland, Nigeria or the UK are not my countries.

I am of course Biased towards Abuja simply because they actually have a better set of venues Period for a commonwealth games at this time. The track record of constructing venues and public buildings in Abuja is incredible and it is only because of the age and planning of the city plus great construction companies. Glasgow is part of the UK and that history of sport festivals is well known for Faux Pauxs . At the 1948 Olympics a UK Olympics official car had to break into Roger Banister's car to get the Flag the team was to use to enter Wembley for the opening ceremonies. from that to the massive cost overruns for London 2012 nothing really changes in Great Britian and thus why should the island have another opportunity to screw things up ? I have the one on video tape of the banister thing for the 100 year history of the Olympics.

Funny thing with this theme of Nigerians that will not pay the training grants it seems one of the top Glasgow bid officials Louise Martin was so concerned that she actually said to the local press that the Nigerians were trying to buy the games . Gee then steps forward a Scottish so called expert to tell us it is not so, that Nigerians run things in crisis mode. I wonder if Glasgow 2014 was on the long end of the stick with a training grant exceeding Abuja's would this man have spoken up ? Probably not because he knows the glasgow bid is beat or on life support. If anything his Claims can be dismissed for that story because the Scottish press provide absolutely no other opinion, no statement of claim and no company coming forward to confirm this mans claims. A story based on one source is a bogus story when it comes to claims of peoples character. I am sure he which probably be rewarded if Glasgow was to win by smear and that is probably his angle after all wont not this expert be working in Beijing or Rio right now? I would say his games expert career has probably run a bit dry and he is looking for an easy mark to help his own interests to a meal ticket that certainly will not be in Abuja as I have meet the IT man there and he is Nigerian LOL. Considering no one I talked to in Abuja could remember this senior official from Scotland he must have the same character as Scotlands most famous a mythical creature like Nessie. Occupying time doing some bottom feeding.

Jim Jones

So Glasgow who has no experience of a multi-sports festivals is going to get it right because they are white and Abuja with a multi sports festival with larger numbers of athletes is going to screw things up because they are black ?

You know what, I didn't bother reading the rest of your post after that sentence and I doubt anyone else would either! I'm getting very close to using the 'ignore user' feature on this forum for the first time (it's under the options drop down in the user's member profile if anyone else cares to know)!

JJ, you are the only person I've seen on this forum being outwardly racist and xenophobic, which is why I asked the mod to close down the "Foreign Office Advice To Britons In Nigeria" thread, and presumably, why he agreed to. So don't throw stones...

Archived