Glasgow 2014 Wants Your Opinion On Their New Website

London 2012 didn't ask your opinion before they launched their ever-controversial logo (despite being everyone's).

But Glasgow 2014 cares what you think! Yes YOU.

Now I'll turn it over to Rob at Glasgow 2014...

Colleagues, as part of our 'final push' campaign that launches tomorrow (tuesday) we've redesigned our online presence.

There will be a separate web launch next week, but we have put it up live for a few days to gather some comments ahead of the final version.

Which means that we want your help. Have a play about with the site and drop any comments you have into this thread. We'll make sure that any ideas that we think will improve the site make it into the final site.

We really value your opinion, so have fun playing with the site. We think that it is much better to look at and easier to navigate. We hope that you agree!"

--------------------------

Rob Shorthouse

Head of PR Glasgow 2014

Check out the new site now at Glasgow2014.com. I kind of like it!

I like the way it is easy to find what you are looking for (much, much better than the previous one)!

I would only suggest that they offer the possibility to download the bid book both as a whole as it is now and chapter by chapter.

i would agree that the new layout is good for the website. i really had no problem with the old site. the Seperation of Bid elements I prefer . Some may like the entire document in one piece but personally I favor single chapters. Perhaps an option for both would be a good suggestion .

Look wise the old site I preferred but a change is good after how many months.

Jim jones

• 2 weeks later...
O C'mon , has Abuja even revamp their website even once since the bid process started ?

Sites don't win bids Votes do . Votes are garnered by good facilities+good infrastructure and most of all who makes good sound financial commitments to the guests they want to bring to their party. Considering we are asked for an opinion on Glasgows site and then for you to point to Abuja's site just shows your one tracked mind in regards to me LOL. Grow up and get your head out of the photoshop mode LOL.

71 voting members will never vote on a games host by the quality of changing of a website because that has nothing to do with their own self interest or what is in the interest of their athletes.

cheers Jim jones

I may be a ardent Abuja supporter but the change is good for the glasgow site but not really needed . Having Downloadable single sections like Abuja 2014 to me is the only improvement Glasgow 2014 should have had .

Jim Jones

So you're criticising Glasgow for "wasting money" on a website revamp, and yet you also criticise them for not spending money on building a new main stadium when it isn't needed? That, coupled with your failure to answer justified questions over the financial commitments made by Abuja, just says it all.

So you're criticising Glasgow for "wasting money" on a website revamp, and yet you also criticise them for not spending money on building a new main stadium when it isn't needed? That, coupled with your failure to answer justified questions over the financial commitments made by Abuja, just says it all.

No you just did LOL. Websites don t win bids very simple . It does not mean you don t do a website or revamp but basically no one decides who they will vote for with a digital presentation . Websites are a sign post for the general public that has absolutely no Vote in the process 71 members .

Here Arwebb buddy take a malarone because you will need it in Abuja Come 2014 LOL.

Jim Jones

You've totally misread the post I made, but then again why should I be surprised? I have made a perfectly accurate point about your double standards over financial issues, double standards which you have articulated over and over again. So don't try and pin it on me, Jones. Your own words condemn you, and I'll find the quotes if necessary.

You've totally misread the post I made, but then again why should I be surprised? I have made a perfectly accurate point about your double standards over financial issues, double standards which you have articulated over and over again. So don't try and pin it on me, Jones. Your own words condemn you, and I'll find the quotes if necessary.

Abuja has the money , nigeria has a debt to annual GDP ratio of 3.5 percent. Great Britian debt to annual GDP ratio 48 percent

Abuja is not having to tear down any venues used in a commonwealth games twice over to fund renovations to the Diving venue 41 miles away from the host city

Glasgow 2014 does and that is for a Aquatic Centre that was recycled from the 1970 games.

pretty clear who has the finances in order and who is going to again have a deficit IE 1986 CWGs.

I just ignore you to be honest because you refuse to have balls and let me personally email you my documentation of my Trip that you say I didnt take LOL.

hey buddy I really love ya you certainly are very entertaining with this obsession that a person of color dont support promoting their nations development in areas like sports festivals.

LOL

jim jones

All these issues about Glasgow have been answered perfectly adequately time and time again. Why can't you accept them?

I've also told you what you can do with your evidence and yet you won't do that. It's not up to me to get the evidence from you. My only interest is how anyone could think, at least on the basis of your performances here, that you can really have anything constructive to say at all. And when you don't post your "material", or even a link, is it any wonder people think you've got something to hide?

Are you really trying to claim that Nigeria has a stronger economy than Britain? That really has to be the biggest joke I've heard in ages. And still you talk about "persons of colour". If you can't see how inflammatory that phrase is, there really is no hope for you.

Archived