Uefa Qualifying

If England doesn't get maximum points against Estonia they can kiss qualifying good by, especially if Russia breaks Croatia's streak at home.

Its funny that going into the World Cup the English were all talking about 2006 being their time to win another world cup and here they are after another disappointment a year later in a very rough position to qualify considering 3 of there last 5 games are against the other top teams in the match, including a trip to Russia which is never fun, especially since its in October.

It will be interesting to see who is qualified when all is said and done, each group has been shortened to about 3 teams that could qualify

Group A

Poland

Portugal

Serbia

Group B

France

Italy

Ukraine

Scotland, a nice surprise to see Scotland doing well, with the way things are going they could be the standard barriers for all of the British Isles

Group C

Greece

Turkey

Bosnia

Norway

It will be interesting to see if Bosnia or Norway can catch one of the teams, highly unlikely, but its possible

Group D

Germany

Czech Republic

Ireland

Hopefully Ireland can get some results and get into the tournament

Group E

Sweden

Northern Ireland

Spain, its gonna be Spain and Sweden, Northern Ireland will collapse and Denmark is out

Group G

Romania

Netherlands

Bulgaria, it will be nice to see Romania back at it again.

England win 0-3. Croatia and Russia draw. It's back on guys!!

1 Croatia 7 5 2 0 16 4 12 17

2 Israel 8 5 2 1 17 7 10 17

3 Russia 7 4 3 0 11 1 10 15

4 England 7 4 2 1 12 2 10 14

5 FYR Macedonia 7 2 1 4 6 7 -1 7

6 Estonia 7 0 0 7 0 14 -14 0

7 Andorra 7 0 0 7 1 28 -27 0

England win 0-3. Croatia and Russia draw. It's back on guys!!

1 Croatia 7 5 2 0 16 4 12 17

2 Israel 8 5 2 1 17 7 10 17

3 Russia 7 4 3 0 11 1 10 15

4 England 7 4 2 1 12 2 10 14

5 FYR Macedonia 7 2 1 4 6 7 -1 7

6 Estonia 7 0 0 7 0 14 -14 0

7 Andorra 7 0 0 7 1 28 -27 0

Günter Netzer, the German TV-expert said after the games, that England will remain in the forth position and wont qualify for the Euro08.

Other aspects:

- Scotland has been outplayed by the Faroes in the second half

- Only the Greek can be so lucky

- Sweden played really good and scored a real funny goal

- Sad about the Polish lost, but happy about the Finnish win

- Israel played water polo in Andorra, hopefully they will qualify, that would really great; sorry my English friends

- Germany didnt played well, but it seems, that Löw can already begin with his planning for the next summer

Günter Netzer, the German TV-expert said after the games, that England will remain in the forth position and wont qualify for the Euro08.

Other aspects:

- Scotland has been outplayed by the Faroes in the second half

- Only the Greek can be so lucky

- Sweden played really good and scored a real funny goal

- Sad about the Polish lost, but happy about the Finnish win

- Israel played water polo in Andorra, hopefully they will qualify, that would really great; sorry my English friends

- Germany didnt played well, but it seems, that Löw can already begin with his planning for the next summer

England last 5 games, 4 are at home, the away is in Russia. Games against Russia, Croatia, Israel and Estonia, they need a win against Estonia, and take 7 points from Russia, Croatia and Israel.

My hope for qualifying is

Poland

Finland

France

Scotland

Bosnia

Norway

Germany

Rep. of Ireland

Croatia

Israel

Sweden

Spain

Romania

Netherlands

One can feel that football in Germany is in a whole new era now: Although the team's performance yesterday was really not brilliant, there's remarkably few complaining among the German public. It's because everyone is impressed that despite some setbacks since last November (when Germany only played 1-1 against Cyprus), the team was always able to deliver and thus achieve that quite comfortable lead in group D. Jogi Löw is doing a brilliant job in keeping Klinsmann's philosophy alive and that's why I'm pretty confident not only about Germany's chances of qualifying but also about its chances of achieving a lot one year from now, at the EURO. Keep it up, guys!

I'd be interested to know what he bases that on. We have four of our last five games at home, four of them against the teams who are above us. I expect us to qualify. I always have done, even when people have been whining inanely as only the English can and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning the group. It's typical England. We tend to play better against the better sides.

I was also a bit surprised and i disagree with him. I think Croatia and England will top the group, although i hope the Israeli team will qualify for Austria and Switzerland.

He didn't give a full analysis but he said, if i remember it correctly, that he is disappointed with the English performance and he doesn't expect a better performance for the future.

We hardly ever played that well in qualification games under Eriksson either. There are only two performances that really stand out - the glorious night of Saturday September 1st 2001 (my apologies) and when we beat Turkey in Sunderland. As long as we get the results, and there have certainly been signs of improvement in the last couple of games, we'll be there next summer.

Croatia will win the group unless they screw up against Israel at home.

Croatia has Estonia and Israel at home, and Andorra, Macedonia and England away. The games against Macedonia and Andorra should be wins, the home against Estonia should be a win, and Croatia does have the skill to go into England and get a tie, if they win against Israel, Croatia will be just as happy with a 3-1 or 2-1 English win against them, because it will still put Croatia on top of England. The game against Macedonia that was a 0-0 tie was in England aswell.

Group A is probably the most interesting right now

Finland at Serbia in September

Poland at Portugal in September

Poland at Finland in September

Serbia at Portugal in September

whomever can take 4 of 6 points in those two games will probably be the second qualifier, unless its Finland, than when Finland visits Portugal in November the group will go done to then.

Copenhagen contest goes to Sweden

Friday 8 June 2007

Sweden have been awarded a 3-0 victory against Denmark by UEFA following last Saturday's abandoned UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifier.

Nyon hearing

UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body discussed today the events at the Group F fixture at Copenhagen's Parken Stadium. German referee Herbert Fandel abandoned the qualifier in the closing stages with the scores level at 3-3. He had awarded a penalty to Sweden and given a red card to Denmark's Christian Poulsen when a spectator came on to the pitch and assaulted him.

Copenhagen ban

As well as awarding the match to Sweden by default, the Danish Football Association (DBU) has been fined 100,000CHF (€61,000) and ordered to play their next four home UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifiers at least 250km from Copenhagen. These matches are the games against Liechtenstein (12 September), Spain (13 October), Latvia (17 October) and Iceland (21 November). The Liechtenstein match will also have to be played behind closed doors. Once in possession of the written grounds, the DBU will have three days to appeal the decision.

Poulsen punished

Midfielder Poulsen has also been banned for three competitive internationals. Given that he did not play in the 2-0 win in Latvia last Wednesday, the remaining two matches of his suspension will be served in the return in Sweden on 8 September and the home match against Liechtenstein. UEFA confirmed on Tuesday it would investigate the 2 June events, having received the referee and delegate's reports. Two goals from Johan Elmander and another from Petter Hansson had put Sweden 3-0 up, only for Daniel Agger, Jon Dahl Tomasson and Leon Andreasen to draw the home team level.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

Croatia will win the group unless they screw up against Israel at home.

Croatia has Estonia and Israel at home, and Andorra, Macedonia and England away. The games against Macedonia and Andorra should be wins, the home against Estonia should be a win, and Croatia does have the skill to go into England and get a tie, if they win against Israel, Croatia will be just as happy with a 3-1 or 2-1 English win against them, because it will still put Croatia on top of England. The game against Macedonia that was a 0-0 tie was in England aswell.

Do you really think it'll be that easy for Croatia to go to Macedonia and win? That will be a very tough game for them, one they'll do well to win.

Do you really think it'll be that easy for Croatia to go to Macedonia and win? That will be a very tough game for them, one they'll do well to win.

If Israel and England can go in Macedonia and get a win, so can Croatia

If Israel and England can go in Macedonia and get a win, so can Croatia

Except for the fact that Macedonia v Croatia is something of a derby game akin to England v Scotland, so it will be harder for Croatia than for Israel or England.

Except for the fact that Macedonia v Croatia is something of a derby game akin to England v Scotland, so it will be harder for Croatia than for Israel or England.

If it was Croatia v. Slovenia, Croatia v. Bosnia or Croatia v. Serbia I would agree, but its not.

Two former meber states of Yugoslavia going at each other on the football pitch? There will be fireworks.

Not all of the former states have bad blood between them, some do have normalized relations.

And lets not forget, Croatia is ELO-10, Macedonia is ELO-82, behind the mighty South Africas, Kiwi's, Slovenes, Belarussians.

If it was Croatia v. Slovenia, Croatia v. Bosnia or Croatia v. Serbia I would agree, but its not.

They give the 12 points in Eurovision to each other without a problem...

Archived